• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genetic 'Adam & Eve' Chromosome Study Traces All Men To Man Who Lived 135,000 Years Ago

Sees

Dragonslayer
Rather annoying little article even though an interesting topic. The title just kills it when you actually read the thing.

jackie.jpg

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I read an article the other day saying that all blue eyed people come from a single common ancestor also.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I read an article the other day saying that all blue eyed people come from a single common ancestor also.
Oh, I have blue eye's, na, there are only two true colours, blue and brown, all others are a variation of those two colours.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But even so, if there was an Adam, well that's what would have happened.......but of course its all fable.
The Adam & Eve story would've required incest among the kids. The man in the story could've had multiple mates, & the kids could've mated with outsiders. They'd still have descended from one guy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
because we as humans wouldn't have just started from one particular source, we would have popped up in all areas of the planet, not just one geographical area of the planet, hence we all have different, looks and skin colour and all the rest.
Earlier populations would've been much much smaller. Diversity would've cropped up later, as humans evolved to adapt to different environments.
We need Painted Wolf. I don't know crap about this stuff.....I'm just speculating.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Earlier populations would've been much much smaller. Diversity would've cropped up later, as humans evolved to adapt to different environments.
We need Painted Wolf. I don't know crap about this stuff.....I'm just speculating.
That could have happened but I think its highly unlikely, I just cannot agree with the bibles interpretation, in fact its not a interpretation, its a story, full of metaphors, don't get bogged into literalism.

Kirran

Premium Member

Well I do :)

But I think you had a handle on it.

That could have happened but I think its highly unlikely, I just cannot agree with the bibles interpretation, in fact its not a interpretation, its a story, full of metaphors, don't get bogged into literalism.

Revoltingest was talking about Y Chromosomal Adam, not the biblical Adam.