• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis & Science - Friend or Foe?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I know... Between Nag Hammadi, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Ugaritic tablets at Ras Shamra and Dilmun, its impossible to pretend.
But those are written by men and the Bible was written by...men. Should we take the words of men over the words of men when there are so many that think that certain words of men are dictation by God. It is so confusing.

I must thank you again for enlightening me about the gnostic notion of two seed lines. That has answered so many questions that I was baffled about for some time. There may be some connection with that story to a fairly recent movie entitle He Never Died, with Henry Rollins playing an immortal Cain that lives with a cannibalistic blood lust that he must control while trying to live a quiet and unassuming life that is constantly being interrupted. There are a couple of scenes in the movie that the two seed line might explain.

That entire seed line story is strange and creepy, but it does seem the kind of thing that some extreme fundamentalist groups would latch onto to eek out some sort of false superiority based on race.