1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Genesis of Genesis: Where Did the Biblical Story of Creation Come From?

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by sooda, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Zita

Zita Solitary Eclectic Witch

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    Witchcraft

The same friction writers who wrote the rest of the stories in the Bible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. YoursTrue

YoursTrue I'm found.

Ratings:
    +147
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, you got it. Psalm 86:8 is true. So thank you for mentioning there are other 'gods.' But for the Jews, including Jesus, there was only one 'true' God deserving and worthy of worship, however you take that (the only "true" God) to mean. I take it to mean that there is one God above all, with ultimate power. One -- not two, three, or thousands. Psalm 86 clinches the idea. Elohim, by the way, is in the plural, but to the Jews for the most part, as well as the Jewish nation, including Jesus, it meant God in the superlative, the God OF Gods -- higher than all others, both gods and humans. The word 'elohim' is the superlative in the multiple in a particular sense of El. It does not mean multiple gods within one context. But that is obviously not for everybody to grasp.

3. YoursTrue

YoursTrue I'm found.

Ratings:
    +147
    Religion:
    Christian
    You don't believe the Jews went that far back, do you? or do you?

4. YoursTrue

YoursTrue I'm found.

Ratings:
    +147
    Religion:
    Christian
    I guess you didn't see that post, although you say the Jews emerged from the Canaanites. Do you believe the Jews went back as far as the Canaanites?