• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 3:14&15

Levite

Higher and Higher
(a) possibly not (b) almost certainly not

Oh, I don't know: just the last time I evicted a garter snake from our patio chair, I thought, "curse you, seductive lying reptile! First you lose us paradise, and now my deck chair??! You go too far."

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Does this refer literally to snakes? Does this explain the disdain felt for snakes in Western culture?

short answer, no. It is the condemnation pronounced on the angel who used a snake to deceive the woman.

Revelatin 12:9*So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

theosis

short answer, no. It is the condemnation pronounced on the angel who used a snake to deceive the woman.

Revelatin 12:9*So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth

Pretty sure the authors of Genesis didn't have in mind the fantasies of John of Patmos when they wrote, in the centuries before Christ.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Just like God decided which of the dozens of religious works written around that time were going to be made Canon?

some authors were able to prove through works that they were under Gods direction

others just wrote things but could not confirm where their authority came from...so those writings were not considered to be from God because the writers themselves could not prove they were from God.

the most prolific christian writers, Paul, John & Peter proved they had Gods backing in the same way Moses was able to prove he had Gods backing.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Oh, I don't know: just the last time I evicted a garter snake from our patio chair, I thought, "curse you, seductive lying reptile! First you lose us paradise, and now my deck chair??! You go too far."
You really need to learn how to control that rabbinic temper. :no: