• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

outhouse

Atheistically
That s because you follow your own made up mythology and are completely ignorant to historical biblical studies.

You smell yourself and will stay on ignore where you can make all the ignorant comments you wish.

sincerly

That s because you follow your own made up mythology and are completely ignorant to historical biblical studies.

You smell yourself and will stay on ignore where you can make all the ignorant comments you wish.

Outhouse, now you are contradicting yourself. You have been claiming that the Scriptures(Bible) are not "historical". I'm glad that you have turned 180 degrees in your thinking.

I see on the web that there is another "Theory" for the "beginning of the universe". It has the same problem as the others---"What was the "source" of the new supposed??" Those "details" just keep getting in the way of the falseness.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
Projection! projection! projection!

You do not have the intellect to debate here sorry. Reason and logic are required.

Outhouse, I see, it takes "logic and reasoning" to repost material which those who produced the article admit has unproven "details".

Rev.14:6-7, "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters".

Gen.1+2, "In the beginning GOD Created..." GOD completed HIS "all things"---there was nothing left to "evolve into a more complex organism".

outhouse

Atheistically
Your opinion is worthless to prove anything in this thread. You have no credibility dealing with much of anything here.

sincerly

Your opinion is worthless to prove anything in this thread. You have no credibility dealing with much of anything here.

As Sonofason remarked in post #2018, this is just another---"Wow, that is some impressive drivel. Now, do you know exactly who you are speaking to, or is this just a random nonsensical post, as it appears to be?"

Or is it just a maneuver to by-pass the "attacking of the messenger code"?
It wasn't my opinion , but the IAP who acknowledged the "many precise details" which they did/do not have---Nor are you able to supply.

BTW, You have not posted your "credentials" to have your opinion be superior to anyone's else. That action is called "projection".

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
BTW, You have not posted your "credentials".

I don't need to.

I post credible links and stand behind the work the whole world calls facts.

You just don't have the intellect to comprehend what is credible and what is faith. :facepalm:

And your just clueless to reality here.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are two levels of ignorance.

Some are not informed....they are ignorant.
Some CHOOSE to ignore.

The second level of ignorance is profound and cannot be remedied.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
There are two levels of ignorance.

Some are not informed....they are ignorant.
Some CHOOSE to ignore.

The second level of ignorance is profound and cannot be remedied.

Like endlessly repeating the same fallacy about cause and effect, whilst ignoring the information that cause and effect is not a universal law and does not apply in the situation you apply it to?

Omtita

Almost Always Right
Good for you in reading the Bible and taking the time to think about it, and question it. That is a good thing! (1 John 4:1 / Acts 17:11)

- “Why would god place a tree in the garden only to forbid them from touching it?”

The tree of the knowledge of good and bad is often misunderstood. It was, put simply, a reminder to man that, although the Earth was given to them, they hadn't matured to the point having the ability to decide for themselves what was good and what was bad, in effect, of knowing or having an intimate knowledge of it. The Jerusalem Bible explains it very well. "This knowledge is a privilege which God reserves to himself and which man, by sinning, is to lay hands on, [Genesis] 3:5, 22. Hence it does not mean omniscience, which fallen man does not possess; nor is it moral discrimination, for unfallen man already had it and God could not refuse it to a rational being. It is the power of deciding for himself what is good and what is evil and of acting accordingly, a claim to complete moral independence by which man refuses to recognise his status as a created being. The first sin was an attack on God’s sovereignty, a sin of pride."

- “Didn’t god lie about what would happen if they ate from the forbidden tree? Or was it that he didn’t know what would happen? If he didn’t know, doesn’t this go against the understanding of what god is”

God knew what would happen for he told Adam what would happen. The Hebrew phrase is literally: 'in dying you shall die." in other words they would begin to die upon touching or eating of the fruit. They wouldn't have ever died had they not touched it.

- “Are women seen as the lower gender because they were not created from dust/dirt but instead the bone of a man?”

Let me put it to you this way. You get a job and you have an authority over you who has been there longer, does that make you lower? In a sense it does, but that doesn't mean you deserve to be treated unfairly or with disrespect. Both Adam and Eve were created in the image of God. Some people interpret Eve as a helper of Adam as being a debasement of a negative effect, but Jehovah used the same term in application to himself as a helper of Israel.

- “They felt no shame? Does that indicate that they should have felt shame or was it a setup for when they eat the fruit?”

Prior to eating the fruit they had no shame because they had been created naked and had no impure thoughts regarding one another. When they rejected God's wisdom and guidance they started to have all sorts of thoughts on their own that made them feel ashamed. They were sort of lost.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Like endlessly repeating the same fallacy about cause and effect, whilst ignoring the information that cause and effect is not a universal law and does not apply in the situation you apply it to?

Your denial is noted.....as dysfunctional.

One or the other.....Spirit first?....or substance?

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
As Sonofason remarked ".

We do not care what ignorance he has spoken.

He is on ignore for lack of reason, where your going soon.

Life is to short for stupidity.

Outhouse, thank you for using the "quote function" to acknowledge who your intended recipient is.
I do not know who the "We" is who doesn't "care"---as I reposted his comments. Are you a co-joined twin? Or is it--"me, myself, and I"?

"Ignorance"? "precise Details" are important. Notice this illustration which I heard many years ago: ""A General needed to send a messenger to get reinforcements. The only horse available needed to have a shoe replaced. They had the shoe, but no nail---therefore, the battle was lost.""

As Jesus, in the Scriptures, stated, (Mark 8:33, 36) "But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men...
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

As Gen.2:7 declares, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. "

"Life" just did NOT arise spontaneously from nothing. Mankind(Scientist) have tried to ignore the Truth of GOD for their own mysticism of producing an imaginary "nail" by a "big bang" and "spontaneity". It is delusional.

Again, What I see surrounding me is very real. But it was made by an equally real Being who purposed it from the "Beginning".
I will continue to DEBATE the SCRIPTURES regardless of your actions---They are the truth.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically

And those who wish to pervert credible science have no credibility here or anywhere.

sincerly

And those who wish to pervert credible science have no credibility here or anywhere.

As Forrest Gump would say, "stupid is as stupid does". Those "scientist" acknowledged that there was/is "many precise details" that they are not able to supply. But then they "stupidly" continue to believe that their false premise if given more time (14+ billion years) it will be accomplished.

Yes. Knowledge has been increased greatly in the past 150 years(and more so in the past 75 years.). I, personally, have seen(witnessed) the results. However, that tenaciously holding to evolutionism as pertaining to the source of "all that is seen"(as is taught) is what I call "stupidity". To each his own.---No GOD vs. a Creator GOD. The recorded messages from that Creator GOD I accept---they are the FACTS of the Matter.

sincerly

Sources please.

Enough of your personal ignorance, I have had my fill from you.

outhouse, are you saying that you do not remember the "sources" you posted?
Those IAP statements which you posted multiple times? and the site for "Theories are facts and ?"

I see that you haven't a fill of "personal attacks".