• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
the Lord in Psalms 110:1 is the same one who is "LORD" in verse 1.... :D
No, it's not.

LORD in Psalms 110:1 is YHVH. That's standard translation. The other word is not not the same at all, it's adoni. You have it in your own reply. The word in verse 5 is H136, and the word in verse 1 is H113. And the title given to Abraham in Genesis 23:6 is also H113.

It's all right there for you. But you chose to ignore it.

Screenshot_20221229_181500.jpg

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@101G ,

In all of this hub-bub, I don't want this to get lost.

Where / when did Jesus ever get blessed by, ordained by, spoken to, by Malchi-tzedek?

Answer: never. Thus verse 4 of Psalm 110 cannot be speaking about Jesus. The whole Psalm is not about Jesus.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
ERROR, beginning is included. have you not read, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." IN, IN, IN, ... not AT the beginning, for eternity has no beginning, nor end...... try again.

101G.
In the beginning certainly most assuredly does not mean there is no beginning. Beginning means -- just that. So obviously before God created the heavens and the earth He was. But again -- eternal does not mean NO BEGINNING all the time. It obviously means no end. But it does not have to mean 'no beginning.'

101G

No, it's not.

LORD in Psalms 110:1 is YHVH. That's standard translation. The other word is not not the same at all, it's adoni. You have it in your own reply. The word in verse 5 is H136, and the word in verse 1 is H113. And the title given to Abraham in Genesis 23:6 is also H113.

It's all right there for you. But you chose to ignore it.

View attachment 69958
Oh yes it is, it is in emphatic form of H113. reproved again.

Lord verse 5. H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

as I said don't argue with 101G, argue with Mickelson's and Strong's dictionary.

101G

101G

@101G ,

In all of this hub-bub, I don't want this to get lost.

Where / when did Jesus ever get blessed by, ordained by, spoken to, by Malchi-tzedek?

Answer: never. Thus verse 4 of Psalm 110 cannot be speaking about Jesus. The whole Psalm is not about Jesus.
because he is blessed by, and ordain by the ordinal First..... BINGO.

101G

101G

In the beginning certainly most assuredly does not mean there is no beginning. Beginning means -- just that. So obviously before God created the heavens and the earth He was. But again -- eternal does not mean NO BEGINNING all the time. It obviously means no end. But it does not have to mean 'no beginning.'
thanks for the reply, also GINOLJC, to all.
in any beginning is a creation, God is not a creation, he's the author of it. and eternity has no beginning, nor end.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Oh yes it is, it is in emphatic form of H113. reproved again.

Lord verse 5. H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

as I said don't argue with 101G, argue with Mickelson's and Strong's dictionary.

101G
1) Your own source says they are different words. But you ignore it. If they were the sameword with the same meaning they would not be catalogued differently.

2) Scripture proves that these are two different words.

I already brought Genesis 23:6, you ignored it, because you cannot refute scriptural proof. Here it is again. Is this verse talking about Jesus? Is it talking about God? Is it talking about YHVH? No, no, and no. In this verse "adoni" is Abraham.

שְׁמָעֵנוּ
אֲדֹנִי נְשִׂיא אֱלֹהִים אַתָּה בְּתוֹכֵנוּ בְּמִבְחַר קְבָרֵינוּ קְבֹר אֶת־מֵתֶךָ אִישׁ מִמֶּנּוּ אֶת־קִבְרוֹ לֹֽא־יִכְלֶה מִמְּךָ מִקְּבֹר מֵתֶֽךָ

Hear us, my lord; you are a mighty prince among us; in the choice of our tombs bury your dead; none of us shall withhold from you his tomb, that you may bury your dead.
But it's not just in verse 6, Abraham is repeatedly referred to as "adoni" in this chapter. See verses 11 and 15:

לֹֽא־אֲדֹנִי שְׁמָעֵנִי הַשָּׂדֶה נָתַתִּי לָךְ וְהַמְּעָרָה אֲשֶׁר־בּוֹ לְךָ נְתַתִּיהָ לְעֵינֵי בְנֵֽי־עַמִּי נְתַתִּיהָ לָּךְ קְבֹר מֵתֶֽךָ

No, my lord, hear me; the field I give to you, and the cave that is in it, I give it to you; in the presence of the sons of my people I give it to you; bury your dead.

אֲדֹנִי שְׁמָעֵנִי אֶרֶץ אַרְבַּע מֵאֹת שֶֽׁקֶל־כֶּסֶף בֵּינִי וּבֵֽינְךָ מַה־הִוא וְאֶת־מֵֽתְךָ קְבֹֽר

My lord, listen to me; the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver. What is that between you and me? Bury therefore your dead.
The same thing happens earlier in Genesis 18:12. In this verse "adoni" is also Abraham. Not Jesus, not God, not YHVH, Abraham.

וַתִּצְחַק שָׂרָה בְּקִרְבָּהּ לֵאמֹר אַֽחֲרֵי בְלֹתִי הָֽיְתָה־לִּי עֶדְנָה וַֽאדֹנִי זָקֵֽן

Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am grown old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?
The thing is, there are pages of examples of "adoni" NOT referring to God. I'll give a few more.

Genesis 24:18: "my lord" is Eliazer

וַתֹּאמֶר שְׁתֵה אֲדֹנִי וַתְּמַהֵר וַתֹּרֶד כַּדָּהּ עַל־יָדָהּ וַתַּשְׁקֵֽהוּ

And she said, Drink, my lord; and she hurried, and let down her water jar upon her hand, and gave him drink.
Genesis 24:27 is especially good because it clearly calls Abraham "adoni".

וַיֹּאמֶר בָּרוּךְ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵי
אֲדֹנִי אַבְרָהָם אֲשֶׁר לֹֽא־עָזַב חַסְדּוֹ וַֽאֲמִתּוֹ מֵעִם אֲדֹנִי אָֽנֹכִי בַּדֶּרֶךְ נָחַנִי יְהֹוָה בֵּית אֲחֵי אֲדֹנִֽי

And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of my lord Abraham, who has not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth; As for me, the Lord has guided me in the way to the house of my lord’s brothers.
Genesis 32:19: Esau is "my lord" / "adoni"

וְאָֽמַרְתָּ לְעַבְדְּךָ לְיַֽעֲקֹב מִנְחָה הִוא שְׁלוּחָה לַֽאדֹנִי לְעֵשָׂו וְהִנֵּה גַם־הוּא אַֽחֲרֵֽינוּ

Then you shall say, They are your servant Jacob’s; it is a present sent to my lord Esau; and, behold, also he is behind us.
Moving beyond Genesis... Exodus 11:28: Moses is "my lord" / "adoni"

וַיַּעַן יְהוֹשֻׁעַ בִּן־נוּן מְשָׁרֵת מֹשֶׁה מִבְּחֻרָיו וַיֹּאמַר אֲדֹנִי מֹשֶׁה כְּלָאֵֽם

And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, my lord Moses, forbid them.
Numbers 12:11: Moses is "my lord" / "adoni"

וַיֹּאמֶר אַֽהֲרֹן אֶל־מֹשֶׁה בִּי אֲדֹנִי אַל־נָא תָשֵׁת עָלֵינוּ חַטָּאת אֲשֶׁר נוֹאַלְנוּ וַֽאֲשֶׁר חָטָֽאנוּ

And Aaron said to Moses, Oh, my lord, I beg you, lay not the sin upon us, because we have done foolishly, and because we have sinned.
Numbers 36:2: This one is a good example because YHVH and adoni are both in the verse and they are CLEARLY NOT the same. "Adoni" is Moses, again. Not Jesus, Not God, Not YHVH, it's Moses.

וַיֹּֽאמְרוּ אֶת־אֲדֹנִי צִוָּה יְהֹוָה לָתֵת אֶת־הָאָרֶץ בְּנַֽחֲלָה בְּגוֹרָל לִבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל וַֽאדֹנִי צֻוָּה בַֽיהֹוָה לָתֵת אֶֽת־נַֽחֲלַת צְלָפְחָד אָחִינוּ לִבְנֹתָֽיו

And they said, this my lord, commanded YHVH to give the land for an inheritance by lot to the people of Israel; and my lord was commanded by YHVH to give the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother to his daughters.
What about the later books? Is this only limited to the 5 books of Moses? Nope. "adoni" / "my lord" continues to refer to humans, NOT Jesus, NOT God, NOT YHVH.

Judges 4:18: "adoni" / "my lord" is Sisera.

וַתֵּצֵא יָעֵל לִקְרַאת סִֽיסְרָא וַתֹּאמֶר אֵלָיו סוּרָה אֲדֹנִי סוּרָה אֵלַי אַל־תִּירָא וַיָּסַר אֵלֶיהָ הָאֹהֱלָה וַתְּכַסֵּהוּ בַּשְּׂמִיכָֽה

And Yael went out to meet Sisera, and said to him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in to her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.
1 Samuel 1:15: "adoni" / "my lord" is Eli.

וַתַּעַן חַנָּה וַתֹּאמֶר לֹא אֲדֹנִי אִשָּׁה קְשַׁת־רוּחַ אָנֹכִי וְיַיִן וְשֵׁכָר לֹא שָׁתִיתִי וָֽאֶשְׁפֹּךְ אֶת־נַפְשִׁי לִפְנֵי יְהֹוָֽה

And Hanna answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit; I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord.​

2 Samuel 11:11: "adoni" / "my lord" is Joab and King David, both.

וַיֹּאמֶר אוּרִיָּה אֶל־דָּוִד הָאָרוֹן וְיִשְׂרָאֵל וִֽיהוּדָה יֹֽשְׁבִים בַּסֻּכּוֹת וַאדֹנִי יוֹאָב וְעַבְדֵי אֲדֹנִי עַל־פְּנֵי הַשָּׂדֶה חֹנִים וַֽאֲנִי אָבוֹא אֶל־בֵּיתִי לֶאֱכֹל וְלִשְׁתּוֹת וְלִשְׁכַּב עִם־אִשְׁתִּי חַיֶּךָ וְחֵי נַפְשֶׁךָ אִם־אֶעֱשֶׂה אֶת־הַדָּבָר הַזֶּֽה

And Uriah said to David, The ark, and Israel, and Judah, remain in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into my house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do this thing.
So there you go. 13 examples proving that "adoni" is NOT the same as "Adonai".

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
because he is blessed by, and ordain by the ordinal First..... BINGO.

101G
Jesus was never blessed, ordained, spoken to by malchi-tzedek. Psalm 110 CANNOT be about Jesus. Yet it very easily fits for Abraham. That's scripture. Your reply is pure fantasy. Since you have no scripture, you have resorted to wishful thinking.

Here, you need this: Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information
Confirmation bias is a logical fallacy and a sign of cognitive dissonce. Essentially it's a form of delusion. Yes, you sound like you're delusional.
And this is why you have been repeatedly wrong, wrong, and wrong in this thread. You've been buried in scripture, but you ignore it. Shown to be illogical, which you ignored. All you have are the weakest of weak claims, and you cling to them, making insults and mocking when shown that your claims are shallow, superficial, and easily proven false.

There is no plurality of God in Genesis or anywhere else in the Hebrew bible. That would be a different religion which Isaiah strongly disagrees with. God is not a person, you keep ignoring Numbers 23:19. "adoni" is not the same as "Adonai". I showed you the verse, you ignored it. Now you have 13 other verses, you will likely ignore those too. Your own source shows the argument is flawed. You ignore that too. Jesus was never spoken to, blessed, ordained by malchi-tzedek, that gets ignored. You've been proven wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Last edited:

101G

1) Your own source says they are different words.
yes, because in verse 1, he, GOD, the Lord Jesus is in Natural flesh, and in verse 5, he is in Glorified flesh..... BINGO, reproved again. your hebrew cannot see that, because it's incomplete, it needs the NT scripters for revelation, which we have...... Oh this is 2 easy.

so stay in your hebrew and stay in darkness...... :D

101G.

101G

Jesus was never blessed, ordained, spoken to by malchi-tzedek.
LOL, LOL, your malchi-tzedek worshipped JESUS, the most High God..... Oh this is just 2 easy.
Psalm 110 CANNOT be about Jesus.
why? just because u say so? ..... lol, lol,. lol.
There is no plurality of God in Genesis or anywhere else in the Hebrew bible.
then get rid of your hebrew bible..... (smile), and get a real bible. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
WATCH and LEARN
GOD: H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

HERE HE IS,
H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah) n-m.
אֱלֹהַּ 'eloahh (el-o'-ah) [shortened (rarely)]
1. one with supreme strength and ability.
2. the Supreme Being, God the Creator, Yahweh by name.
3. a supreme entity, a god-like creature (that is, one of God's supreme creations, or one of man's inventions).
[probably prolonged (emphat.) from H410]
KJV: God, god.
Root(s): H410

REPROVED, again. again. and again.

not only get rid of your hebrew bible, also it's dictionaries that it may use.......:eek:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
yes, because in verse 1, he, GOD, the Lord Jesus is in Natural flesh, and in verse 5, he is in Glorified flesh..... BINGO, reproved again. your hebrew cannot see that, because it's incomplete, it needs the NT scripters for revelation, which we have...... Oh this is 2 easy.

so stay in your hebrew and stay in darkness...... :D

101G.
I notice you ignored the scripture I brought. But that's OK. At least we agree they are different words. Thank you.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
LOL, LOL, your malchi-tzedek worshipped JESUS, the most High God..... Oh this is just 2 easy.
Not my malchi-tzedek. But what you're proposing is completely illogical.
why? just because u say so? ..... lol, lol,. lol.
No, it's because of what is written in Psalms 110:4.

Let's consider this logically. It makes zero sense for Jesus to be ordained as priest by malchi-tzedek if Jesus is malchi-tzedek's most high God. The most high God is ordained to serve the most high God??? What??? God is a priest to himself??? God is self-serving???

No. Jesus cannot be the subject of this Psalm. He was never ordained / blessed / or spoken to by malchi-tzedek.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
thanks for the reply, also GINOLJC, to all.
in any beginning is a creation, God is not a creation, he's the author of it. and eternity has no beginning, nor end.

101G.
As I said and to which you refuse to listen, eternity has different meanings. However, just to help you along, when Jesus said he gives eternal life, you think he meant those he grants it to have no beginning??
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."

101G

I notice you ignored the scripture I brought. But that's OK. At least we agree they are different words. Thank you.
there was nothing to ignore, (It's the same one person), as said the scriptures are not changing.

101G.

101G

Not my malchi-tzedek. But what you're proposing is completely illogical.
Look, the Lord Jesus is God Almighty. the NT Scriptures has the same weight as the OT scriptures. and that's that. God is the Author of both.
No, it's because of what is written in Psalms 110:4.
PS 101:4 is referring to the Lord Jesus in flesh as HIGH PRIEST. a new Order, which is of God. the old Levitical priesthood is no more.... got it, done away with? .... my God how hard is it to understand?
No. Jesus cannot be the subject of this Psalm. He was never ordained / blessed / or spoken to by malchi-tzedek.
he was spoken to by God, and blessed by God, and Ordained by God while in flesh as the Ordinal Last.

as said, you can say no all day long, and it is never going tro change anything..... lol. just suck up the fact that you been deceived.

101G.

101G

As I said and to which you refuse to listen, eternity has different meanings. However, just to help you along, when Jesus said he gives eternal life, you think he meant those he grants it to have no beginning??
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."
My God are you listing to yourself...... "Given to", common sense suggest they are not eternal. LISTEN: THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO IS ETERNAL, AND WE IN HIM ARE, or WILL BE ETERNAL, because of him.

put your thinking cap on.... ok.

101G.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
then get rid of your hebrew bible..... (smile), and get a real bible. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
WATCH and LEARN
GOD: H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

HERE HE IS,
H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah) n-m.
אֱלֹהַּ 'eloahh (el-o'-ah) [shortened (rarely)]
1. one with supreme strength and ability.
2. the Supreme Being, God the Creator, Yahweh by name.
3. a supreme entity, a god-like creature (that is, one of God's supreme creations, or one of man's inventions).
[probably prolonged (emphat.) from H410]
KJV: God, god.
Root(s): H410

REPROVED, again. again. and again.

not only get rid of your hebrew bible, also it's dictionaries that it may use.......:eek:
I understand you avoid using the original text because it always seems to prove you wrong.

In order for Elohim in Gen 1:1 to be plural, the word for created would also need to be plural. If you check your sources, I think you'll see that "bara" is singular. Further, no where in the rest of the chapter is creation occuring by "them" plural. Creation is always singular, when Elohim speaks, it is always singular. I wish I could show you an example of "bara" in scripture as plural ( it would be "baru" ), but this specific word for creating is reserved for God and thus it's *always* singular.

However, it's commonly known that God is creating through divine speech, each and every one is singular. And there's plenty of examples of speech in the plural, so we can look at those and compare. Also, there's plenty of examples of God "making" things. Those are all singular. There's plenty of examples of "made" that are plural. So we can look at those. Then, we can look at the word "bara" and make a strong case that it would be written differently if Elohim in Genesis 1:1 is indeed plural. The case is strong because Hebrew is very consistent. I know you don't like it because it defeats your theology, but that's the simple truth.

Further, maybe ask yourself, if Elohim in Genesis 1:1 is plural, why doesn't any translation, Christian or Jewish, translate the word Elohim as "Gods" in the creation story?

Anyway, let's look at the original text to confirm that Elohim in Genesis 1:1 is indeed singular.

Here's what it looks like when Elohim is speaking in Genesis 1. Your sources probably correctly identify it as singular:

וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִי־א֑וֹר וַֽיְהִי־אֽוֹר

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

וַ
יֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתוֹךְ הַמָּיִם וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל בֵּין מַיִם לָמָֽיִם

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים יִקָּווּ הַמַּיִם מִתַּחַת הַשָּׁמַיִם אֶל־מָקוֹם אֶחָד וְתֵֽרָאֶה הַיַּבָּשָׁה וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן׃

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together to one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so.

וַ
יֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים תַּֽדְשֵׁא הָאָרֶץ דֶּשֶׁא עֵשֶׂב מַזְרִיעַ זֶרַע עֵץ פְּרִי עֹשֶׂה פְּרִי לְמִינוֹ אֲשֶׁר זַרְעוֹ־בוֹ עַל־הָאָרֶץ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, herb yielding seed, and fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth; and it was so.
Here's what it looks like when "speaking" is plural. Your sources probably have these correctly identified as plural.

Genesis 11:3 - the tower of babel.​

וַיֹּֽאמְרוּ אִישׁ אֶל־רֵעֵהוּ הָבָה נִלְבְּנָה לְבֵנִים וְנִשְׂרְפָה לִשְׂרֵפָה וַתְּהִי לָהֶם הַלְּבֵנָה לְאָבֶן וְהַחֵמָר הָיָה לָהֶם לַחֹֽמֶר

And they said one to another, Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar.

Genesis 18:9 - the angels speaking to Abraham

וַ
יֹּאֽמְרוּ אֵלָיו אַיֵּה שָׂרָה אִשְׁתֶּךָ וַיֹּאמֶר הִנֵּה בָאֹֽהֶל

And they said to him, Where is Sarah your wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.

Genesis 42:10 - the brothers speaking to Joseph

וַ
יֹּֽאמְרוּ אֵלָיו לֹא אֲדֹנִי וַֽעֲבָדֶיךָ בָּאוּ לִשְׁבָּר־אֹֽכֶל

And they said to him, No, my lord, your servants came to buy food.

2 Samuel 14:7 - here's a later example so you know it's not limited to Genesis. The family is speaking, plural.

וְהִנֵּה קָמָה כָל־הַמִּשְׁפָּחָה עַל־שִׁפְחָתֶךָ וַ
יֹּֽאמְרוּ תְּנִי אֶת־מַכֵּה אָחִיו וּנְמִתֵהוּ בְּנֶפֶשׁ אָחִיו אֲשֶׁר הָרָג וְנַשְׁמִידָה גַּם אֶת־הַיּוֹרֵשׁ וְכִבּוּ אֶת־גַּֽחַלְתִּי אֲשֶׁר נִשְׁאָרָה לְבִלְתִּי שום־לְאִישִׁי שֵׁם וּשְׁאֵרִית עַל־פְּנֵי הָֽאֲדָמָֽה

And, behold, the whole family is risen against your maidservant, and they said, Deliver him who struck his brother, that we may kill him, for the life of his brother whom he slew; and we will destroy the heir also; and so they shall quench my coal which is left, and shall not leave to my husband a name or a remainder upon the earth.
Can you see the difference? יֹּֽאמְרוּ compared to יֹּ֥אמֶר? The first one is plural, the second one is singular. Guess how many times Elohim speaks in the plural in the enitre Jewish bible? None.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Let's look at how God "makes" in Genesis:

וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הָֽרָקִיעַ וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָֽרָקִיעַ וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָֽרָקִיעַ וַֽיְהִי־כֵֽן

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

וַ
יַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים אֶת־שְׁנֵי הַמְּאֹרֹת הַגְּדֹלִים אֶת־הַמָּאוֹר הַגָּדֹל לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַיּוֹם וְאֶת־הַמָּאוֹר הַקָּטֹן לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת הַלַּיְלָה וְאֵת הַכּֽוֹכָבִֽים

And God made two great lights; the large light to rule the day, and the small light to rule the night; and he made the stars.

וַ
יַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים אֶת־חַיַּת הָאָרֶץ לְמִינָהּ וְאֶת־הַבְּהֵמָה לְמִינָהּ וְאֵת כָּל־רֶמֶשׂ הָֽאֲדָמָה לְמִינֵהוּ וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים כִּי־טֽוֹב

And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creeps upon the earth after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

וַ
יַּעַשׂ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים לְאָדָם וּלְאִשְׁתּוֹ כָּתְנוֹת עוֹר וַיַּלְבִּשֵֽׁם

For Adam and for his wife the Lord God made coats of skins, and clothed them.
Here's what it looks like when "made" is plural.

Exodus 32:35 - the people made an idol

וַיִּגֹּף יְהֹוָה אֶת־הָעָם עַל אֲשֶׁר
עָשׂוּ אֶת־הָעֵגֶל אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה אַֽהֲרֹֽן

And the Lord plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

Exodus 39:1 - the people made the priest's garments

וּמִן־הַתְּכֵלֶת וְהָֽאַרְגָּמָן וְתוֹלַעַת הַשָּׁנִי
עָשׂוּ בִגְדֵֽי־שְׂרָד לְשָׁרֵת בַּקֹּדֶשׁ וַֽיַּֽעֲשׂוּ אֶת־בִּגְדֵי הַקֹּדֶשׁ אֲשֶׁר לְאַֽהֲרֹן כַּֽאֲשֶׁר צִוָּה יְהֹוָה אֶת־מֹשֶֽׁה

And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made uniforms of service, to do service in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the Lord commanded Moses.

Pslams 9:16 - the nations ( plural ) made a pit

טָֽבְעוּ גוֹיִם בְּשַׁחַת עָשׂוּ בְּרֶֽשֶׁת־זוּ טָמָנוּ נִלְכְּדָה רַגְלָֽם

The nations have sunk down in the pit that they made; their own foot is trapped in the net which they hid.

Ezekiel 43:8 - the people made abominations

בְּתִתָּם סִפָּם אֶת־סִפִּי וּמְזֽוּזָתָם אֵצֶל מְזֽוּזָתִי וְהַקִּיר בֵּינִי וּבֵֽינֵיהֶם וְטִמְּאוּ אֶת־שֵׁם קָדְשִׁי בְּתֽוֹעֲבוֹתָם אֲשֶׁר עָשׂוּ וָֽאֲכַל אֹתָם בְּאַפִּֽי

In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and only the wall between me and them, they have profaned my holy name by their abominations that they have made; therefore I have consumed them in my anger.
Can you see the difference between עָשׂוּ and יַּעַשׂ? The first one is plural, the second one is singular. Guess how many times God makes plural in the entire Jewish bible? None.

So now we can look at the word for "create" in Genesis. I think you'll find that your sources correctly identify each of these as singular.

בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָֽרֶץ

In the beginning God created (singular) the heaven and the earth.

וַיִּ
בְרָא אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הַתַּנִּינִם הַגְּדֹלִים וְאֵת כָּל־נֶפֶשׁ הַֽחַיָּה הָֽרֹמֶשֶׂת אֲשֶׁר שָֽׁרְצוּ הַמַּיִם לְמִֽינֵהֶם וְאֵת כָּל־עוֹף כָּנָף לְמִינֵהוּ וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים כִּי־טֽוֹב

And God created (singular) the great crocodiles, and every kind of creature that live in the waters, and every kind of winged birds, and God saw that it was good.

וַיִּ
בְרָא אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הָֽאָדָם בְּצַלְמוֹ בְּצֶלֶם אֱלֹהִים בָּרָא אֹתוֹ זָכָר וּנְקֵבָה בָּרָא אֹתָֽם

So God created (singular) man in His own image, in the image of God created (singular) He him; male and female He created them.
Following the consistent pattern:
  • plural of "said" is not יֹּאמֶר ( yomer ) it is יֹּֽאמְרוּ ( yomru ).
  • plural of "made" is not יַּעַשׂ ( ya'as ) it is עָשׂוּ ( asu ).
  • plural of "create" is not בָּרָא ( bara ) it is בָּארוּ ( baru ).
Since you seem to defer to authorities, and scripture isn't enough. Here it is in the Barron's guide to Hebrew verbs by PHD Shmuel Bolozky.

Screenshot_20221230_152948.jpg

There you have it. Conclusive proof that Elohim in Genesis 1:1 is singular.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
there was nothing to ignore, (It's the same one person), as said the scriptures are not changing.

101G.
God is not a person, Numbers 23:19. It's been brought repeatedly, yes you keep ignoring it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Look, the Lord Jesus is God Almighty. the NT Scriptures has the same weight as the OT scriptures. and that's that. God is the Author of both.
No. They actually don't seem to have the same source. Especially the Book of John. Paul's writing is deeply flawed. Revelation appears to be purely speculation. And everytime Jesus uses temptation of eternal life, to be like gods, and to perform wonders like he does, he's behaving like the serpent in eden.
PS 101:4 is referring to the Lord Jesus in flesh as HIGH PRIEST. a new Order, which is of God. the old Levitical priesthood is no more.... got it, done away with? .... my God how hard is it to understand?
I understand your words perfectly. But they are not backed up with facts. I have read Paul's attempt to transfer the priesthood away from the Levites, it's one of the weakest, dumbest things I've ever read.
he was spoken to by God, and blessed by God, and Ordained by God while in flesh as the Ordinal Last.
Opinion, not fact. Wishful thinking. On close examination, I think we'll find that Jesus was not blessed by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. His god is named "the-father" or sometimes he refuses to name him, kind of like voldemort, and only calls him "the-one-who-sent-me". And at his baptism there appeared an angel of light, Paul says that could be satan. Jesus himself transfigures into an angel of light... could it be... satan in the flesh...

You see, NT scripture is all guess work, and the it could be read with a completely opposing conclusion. Even the "kingdom" ( the mustard seed ) is not well defined, it's all based on assumptions. Giving up one's life to live inside Jesus for eternity? Jesus is consuming people like a great big snake. Prove it wrong.
as said, you can say no all day long, and it is never going tro change anything..... lol. just suck up the fact that you been deceived.
I do fine as long as I stick to the scripture that was revealed to the Jewish people. I have made a commitment to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Creator of all, God of the exodus, who gave me freedom. I simply will not go after other gods, or other religions, because I have the benefit of learning from the mistakes my ancestors made in the past. I think that deserves respect.