• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In other words, contextually, the religious belief, that Jesus is one of the manifestations of God, affects how we call Jesus, generally. So, because Jesus is a different name, from JeHoVaH, and is another aspect of God, that would be why we don't call Jesus, Jehovah. Not because Jesus isn't God.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

'God', is a name, when written without specification, thusly, 'the g- d Thor', that isn't a name of Thor, it is a description of what Thor, is, as relating to that word. The name, title, and word, god, thusly, is contextual. Without specification, the name G- d, is written contextually, for the name 'Elohim', in
Genesis 1:26.
A more direct interpretation of John 1:1 would be,
In the beginning, was the word[Jesus in Spirit form, the word[Jesus in Spirit form, was with God[one of the God names, and the word[Jesus in Spirit form, was God.

Contextually, as God manifests as Jesus, therefore if we believe
Genesis 1:26
To be literal, then 'Jesus talking to angels', makes perfect sense. As does, 'God talking to angels'.
Well, now you want it both ways. You just said ""the word (Jesus in Spirit form),was God." That is exactly what I said. But I thought there was supposed to be an "a" in there' The Word was "a" God. So which is it? But it really does not matter. God is eternal. God has no beginning. The eternal Word did not create itself but the Word made all things. So the Word had to exist before all things. Genesis 1:26 is the eternal Father speaking to the eternal Word. Nothing else makes sense and fits all the pieces.

lostwanderingsoul

In other words, contextually, the religious belief, that Jesus is one of the manifestations of God, affects how we call Jesus, generally. So, because Jesus is a different name, from JeHoVaH, and is another aspect of God, that would be why we don't call Jesus, Jehovah. Not because Jesus isn't God.
Jesus is not an aspect. Jesus is God's son. Why would we call Jesus Jehovah if His name is Jesus. You are starting to just say words without any meaning.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well, now you want it both ways. You just said ""the word (Jesus in Spirit form),was God." That is exactly what I said. But I thought there was supposed to be an "a" in there' The Word was "a" God. So which is it? But it really does not matter. God is eternal. God has no beginning. The eternal Word did not create itself but the Word made all things. So the Word had to exist before all things. Genesis 1:26 is the eternal Father speaking to the eternal Word. Nothing else makes sense and fits all the pieces.
You're contradicting yourself, because John 1:1 says that the word, was G- d. Going by your own methodology, how do you derive more than one 'god', here? You are basically saying that Genesis 1:26, is two deities.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus is not an aspect. Jesus is God's son. Why would we call Jesus Jehovah if His name is Jesus. You are starting to just say words without any meaning.
So, two deities, even though John 1:1 says was G- d, and, Genesis 1:26, which the name is G- d there, you are interpreting as two deities. I disagree.

lostwanderingsoul

You're contradicting yourself, because John 1:1 says that the word, was G- d. Going by your own methodology, how do you derive more than one 'god', here? You are basically saying that Genesis 1:26, is two deities.
You did not answer where the word came from. The Bible says the Word created all things. So the Word must have been around before anything was created.Can you say where the Word came from?

lostwanderingsoul

So, two deities, even though John 1:1 says was G- d, and, Genesis 1:26, which the name is G- d there, you are interpreting as two deities. I disagree.
No , there is only one God but it depends on who or what God is. I am a Doe and my wife is a Doe. Together one family. The Father is God and the Word is God. Two members of the one God family.

lostwanderingsoul

The Word was with God. In order for something to be with something else there has to be two things. The two things are the Father and the Word.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Word was with God. In order for something to be with something else there has to be two things. The two things are the Father and the Word.
John 1:1 doesn't say the father, it says God.

John 14:6
Says the father, for example. So, why would we guess that Yohanan means 'the father', in John 1:1, when, presuming there is one author of the book of John, he does delineate the names, elsewhere.

You also need to specify more clearly who you mean, because Jesus is the father, the Shepherd,

lostwanderingsoul

John 1:1 doesn't say the father, it says God.

John 14:6
Says the father, for example. So, why would we guess that Yohanan means 'the father', in John 1:1, when, presuming there is one author of the book of John, he does delineate the names, elsewhere.

You also need to specify more clearly who you mean, because Jesus is the father, the Shepherd,
WOW. This is completely new. Jesus is the Father? So why did Jesus pray to the Father when he was on the cross? Wht did Jesus say his Father was greater than himself? You are making less and less sense. Is there any Bible verse that says any of this?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
WOW. This is completely new. Jesus is the Father? So why did Jesus pray to the Father when he was on the cross? Wht did Jesus say his Father was greater than himself? You are making less and less sense. Is there any Bible verse that says any of this?
Yes you need to specify who you mean, in this context. You aren't following your own argument, and you aren't understanding the context. The names need to be specified, you can't just say 'father', that could be moloch, or satan, or whatever.

Aside from that, you don't believe that Jesus is our father? Why are you worshipping a deity that you claim created everything, so forth, if that isn't a deific father?

So my question is: why does "God" refer to himself in plural? (Let us create...)

I did some research, and the Trinity isn't even mentioned in the Bible (at least not as "Trinity", there are hints of it). Why would a "God" that claims to be only God refer to what looks like others like him (as if he was one of many; "our likeness")?

*I'm an atheist (just in case)

It's a royal pronoun usage.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
^
That is what I wrote.

^ How did you get that from what I wrote?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So why would God tell angels let us make man in our image? The angels did not help with the creation of man and man is not made in the image of angels. It is God and the Word who was already there with God at the beginning of creation.
^

You did not answer where the word came from. The Bible says the Word created all things. So the Word must have been around before anything was created.Can you say where the Word came from?
If everything was created by the word, then why does Genesis 1:26
Infer a plurality?

lostwanderingsoul

Yes you need to specify who you mean, in this context. You aren't following your own argument, and you aren't understanding the context. The names need to be specified, you can't just say 'father', that could be moloch, or satan, or whatever.

Aside from that, you don't believe that Jesus is our father? Why are you worshipping a deity that you claim created everything, so forth, if that isn't a deific father?
Yes, I understand the context. The physical man Jesus was praying to his spiritual father in Heaven. There is a father / son relationship. One is praying to the other. You seem to say that both are the same. I do not believe that Jesus is anyone's father , either physically or spiritually. The spiritual Father in Heaven is the spiritual father of those who have received his spirit. You seem to be sinking in quicksand and grabbing at straws to pull yourself out.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You clearly don't understand the context, because you keep arguing things that either I haven't stated, or you are arguing in a vague way. You need to specify or delineate the names of God, in this argument.

Very simple. The Word was WITH God ( the Father ). So there were two spiritual beings. The Father did not create. But He was with the Word. And they as a team or family or group were God.

You argued that the word is the sole creator, and used that argument to argue against God, talking to angels, interpretation. You are not following your own argument, and not arguing in context.

I suggest reading again, my comments, you are off the rails.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Then why are you using verses from the book of John, John 1:1-12

John 1:10
Which says Jesus is God,

To argue anything?
Jesus is God His Father is God He is the son of God. Jesus was previously known as the Word. He had not yet been born as Jesus at that time. But God has no beginning so the Father and the Word had no beginning. That is what I believe the Bible teaches. Please list what you believe so we can compare.