• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 1:26 and the Trinity

Dogknox20

"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known."
You have to stop reading these new versions of the bible, it's throwing you off. Your readings lines that are not in the org. txt. But anyhow.....

[Jesus was born PERFECT;]
No he wasn't. Scripture tells us that he eventually was made perfect by the things he suffered..... He wasn't born perfect
I reply with scripture.... 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us).
moorea944 God is PERFECT!
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
moorea944 God himself is telling you: HE (God) will "Be with Us"! Again "God is perfect; Jesus was born Immanuel!"

[No one can die twice!]
Actually they can or will...... At resurrection, people, not all, will be raised. Some will be granted eternal life and some will be put back in the grave. They will die twice, but the second time will be forever.
I reply...

moorea944
NO you are wrong; they won't die again: Death was destroyed by Jesus on the cross! They will end up with Satan and the eternal fire Living forever! They are Satan children they will end up in Gehenna with their father!
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

[ God became part of his own creation!]
Huh??.....
THINK:
Jesus is God.. Only God is perfect! . The Prefect Man sinned and brought corruption to creation (and us) we needed another perfect man to correct the wrong of the first one "Adam"! All are born corrupted; Man was stuck between a rock and a hard spot; Man needed a perfect man but all are born imperfect that is Until Jesus came along! Again>> Only God is perfect!

[Jesus rose never to die again; Jesus lives eternally so will we if we get IMMERSED (Baptized) into his resurrected body!]
We are actually baptized into his death. Also by his death we are reconciled to God and by his resurrection we are saved.

I reply :Right ON! We are Immersed into the risen Jesus he died never to die again.. Because Jesus died IF we are IN the risen Jesus we also will never die.. Jesus has been there and done that! To each is allotted one death! The second Death is Baptism, the IMMERSION into the body of the risen Jesus!
Revelation 2:11
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Dogknox20

I don't know why not. It was satan who orchestrated it.
(satan) would not allow his followers to mention the cross!

muhammad_isa Satan killed Jesus thinking it would solve his problem!

Satan got Jesus crucified yes! Jesus was sinless so death could not hold Jesus in the grave "The wages of Sin is death"!
On the cross Jesus destroyed death and restored life! The Perfect man is a sinless man! ONLY....
muhammad_isa
only God is perfect! THINK...God came to us; God became part of his own creation! God came to correct the wrong of the first perfect man Adam! Adam was created PERFECT because God does all things perfectly... IF...

muhammad_isa If God did not create perfectly he then would not be perfect, he would NOT be God! God created Adam perfect, he was without sin! Adam decided with his own free will to Disobey God.. Adam decided to Sin! WHEN....
muhammad_isa
when Adam sinned creation was not perfect anymore, Sin entered creation, it was this sin that corrupted perfection!

Satan now hates the cross it was the Cross that restored Eternal life to man! Satan the "Anti-Christ" is Anti-Christian! Christians are Christ followers! He hates Christians! Christians reject Satan! Satan's followers reject Christian teaching! Christians have ALWAYS believed Jesus is God, they (Satan's followers) reject what Christians have always believed and taught! Satan would never ever allow the Cross on any of his churches or his followers to use this Christian symbol!

muhammad_isa

Satan now hates the cross it was the Cross that restored Eternal life to man!
Mankind can choose whatever path he likes.
G-d is the creator and maintainer of the universe, and not a person who died on a cross.

You are being duped. You seem to think that believing G-d died on a cross will somehow save mankind from disaster.
How does that work exactly?

moorea944

Your language is very strange. I never heard your words before. Maybe it's just way you portray it.

First of all, baptism is not the second death we read in the bible. The second death is when Christ comes back. It's mentioned in Revelation a few times.

Then you mentioned a perfect man sinned... Are you talking about Adam? I thought, in your eyes, only God is perfect..... So Adam is God too?
Jesus wasnt born perfect, he was eventually made perfect. But yes, God is perfect, Jesus was made perfect. You also have to remember that God was working through his son all his life. Why? 2 Cor 5v19 tells us. God was in Christ to bring us back to Him (God). That's the whole point of what Jesus did on the cross. God was using his son for his plan and purpose.

You also mentioned that death was destroyed on the cross. Is there a verse on that? Because i'm reading something else...
So if death is destroyed, then we dont die then.... Is that correct? I'm hoping that your not thinking that this is some sort of subsitutionary thing..... Jesus did instead of us..... because that is wrong doctrine. But anyhow...

Sorry my post didnt post right.......... it was meant to go to Dogknox20

Dogknox20

Mankind can choose whatever path he likes.
G-d is the creator and maintainer of the universe, and not a person who died on a cross.

You are being duped. You seem to think that believing G-d died on a cross will somehow save mankind from disaster.
How does that work exactly?
muhammad_isa Christians believe Jesus is God! Death could not hold Jesus; Jesus rose from death because Jesus was sinless!
muhammad_isa it's sin that kills man! God is Perfect, only God is perfect, no men are perfect all are sinners! All men die because of sin! YES.....

muhammad_isa
yes people die but ... But they rise to new life just as Jesus did IF....

muhammad_isa
I If they are IMMERSED into the risen body of Jesus; this is how it works!

3000 were ADDED to the body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost!
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day

3000 were SAVED from death; all will rise to new life because they have been IMMERSED into the can't die body of Jesus!

Dogknox20

Your language is very strange. I never heard your words before. Maybe it's just way you portray it.

First of all, baptism is not the second death we read in the bible. The second death is when Christ comes back. It's mentioned in Revelation a few times.

Then you mentioned a perfect man sinned... Are you talking about Adam? I thought, in your eyes, only God is perfect..... So Adam is God too?
Jesus wasnt born perfect, he was eventually made perfect. But yes, God is perfect, Jesus was made perfect. You also have to remember that God was working through his son all his life. Why? 2 Cor 5v19 tells us. God was in Christ to bring us back to Him (God). That's the whole point of what Jesus did on the cross. God was using his son for his plan and purpose.

You also mentioned that death was destroyed on the cross. Is there a verse on that? Because i'm reading something else...
So if death is destroyed, then we dont die then.... Is that correct? I'm hoping that your not thinking that this is some sort of subsitutionary thing..... Jesus did instead of us..... because that is wrong doctrine. But anyhow...

Happy new year...
1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

You said... (above) First of all, baptism is not the second death we read in the bible.
I reply: Baptism IMMERSES us INTO the risen body of Jesus! We won't die if we remain in Jesus! Baptism saves... It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing
moorea944 Baptism makes "Disciples"!

Jesus is the "BROTHER" of the disciple! IF....

moorea944
if Jesus is your brother then LOGIC ALONE would tell you "God would be your father"!

Matthew 12:49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
moorea944 if Jesus is your brother then LOGIC ALONE would tell you "Mary the mother of Jesus would also be your mother"!

Christians have ALWAYS Honored Mary our mother...
This is Prophesy...
Luke 1:46 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generatio
n.

moorea944 The "From now on" tells you Mary has a family tree! It tells you from the time Mary spoke this prophesy; Jesus' brothers and sisters will honor her as Blessed!
It tells you: Christians "Christ Followers-- the Baptized" are in the Family of Mary and thus Jesus is the Brother of the Christian! ONLY the Catholic can say "Yes- We have always honored Mary as blessed right from the time this prophesy was spoken"!

Dogknox20

moorea944 You asked (above) Then you mentioned a perfect man sinned... Are you talking about Adam? I thought, in your eyes, only God is perfect..... So Adam is God too?
I reply: clearly you did not read my post.. I explained your question already.. Here it is again........ ONLY God is >>PERFECT<< God MUST do all things perfectly or he would not be God! IF...
moorea944
If God made Adam imperfectly then God would NOT be perfect or then God!
God took PERFECT Earth and formed Adam with this PERFECT material!
God made it (earth) PERFECT by hovering over the waters... ALL that came out of the water was then also PERFECT! The earth (Dirt) came out of the PERFECT WATERS!
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters

7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Creation was thus made corrupted by the sin of the perfect man!

moorea944 Adam was created PERFECT because the material was PERFECT! the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Jesus was born PERFECT!

lostwanderingsoul

lostwanderingsoul Hello again...
Jesus established a "Church"! Jesus built his Church on ROCK (not on sand)! Those who say the Church failed MUST reject all the scriptures that say, God cannot lie or fail!
It's the foolish man that builds on sand.. QUESTION: Is Jesus a fool?!

It's the Anti-Christ that will teach the Church Jesus build failed ...Question: Did Jesus fail?
lostwanderingsoul Did Jesus abandon his body!?

Matthew 28:20 Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.

Did Satan somehow overpower Jesus, did Satan take the Body of Jesus away from Jesus?! I am always with you until the end of time.
Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Did Jesus commission his Holy Church to; TEACH all nations is Jesus ALWAYS with the TEACHERS to the end of time?!? What scriptures do you have to reject to say "Yes"?

Jesus loves his One Holy Church with roots going back 2000 years to the Apostles!? Jesus died for His Holy Church!
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

lostwanderingsoul You blame the Church?! Satan blames the Church, he teaches Jesus failed that his followers need to reestablish the Church Jesus failed! Example: A man named Charles Taze Russell came alone 1900 years after Jesus and claimed just that; that he needed to build the church because Jesus' went off the rails! He also claimed that the first of his followers are in heaven 144,000 so Heaven is full, no room left don't try to get to heaven!
The scriptures tell you the 144,000 are: Male VIRGINS!
The 144,000 are of Jewish decent!
Question how many of the so called 144,000 followers of Charles Taze Russell were Male Virgins of Jewish decent?!
Revelation 14:3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as first fruits to God and the Lamb.

Revelation 7:4
Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
What a long rant. And it addresses nothing about what I said. I did not say Jesus failed. I simply said maybe Satan would celebrate the cross because it was the way his enemy Jesus died. And I do not blame any church for anything. But I will give you something else to rant about. Many places in the Bible say that JESUS is the ROCK. Maybe God would build his church on the rock of his son instead of on a human. Remember, open minds can see more than closed minds.

moorea944

moorea944 You asked (above) Then you mentioned a perfect man sinned... Are you talking about Adam? I thought, in your eyes, only God is perfect..... So Adam is God too?
I reply: clearly you did not read my post.. I explained your question already.. Here it is again........ ONLY God is >>PERFECT<< God MUST do all things perfectly or he would not be God! IF...
moorea944
If God made Adam imperfectly then God would NOT be perfect or then God!
God took PERFECT Earth and formed Adam with this PERFECT material!
God made it (earth) PERFECT by hovering over the waters... ALL that came out of the water was then also PERFECT! The earth (Dirt) came out of the PERFECT WATERS!
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters

7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Creation was thus made corrupted by the sin of the perfect man!

moorea944 Adam was created PERFECT because the material was PERFECT! the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Jesus was born PERFECT!

The point I'm trying to make is that your using words that the bible doesnt use. Your taking words out and putting your words in.
Scripture doesnt say Adam was perfect, it's says that everything was very good. I just dont like putting in extra words.

Plus, it doesnt say that Jesus was born perfect. You say that.... That's my point. It says that he was made perfect by the things that he suffered. His trials in life made him perfect. But... when was he made or became perfect? When he was mortal like us or after his resurrection when he became immortal?
I think Jesus was perfect when he was made immortal by his father.

And just because God is perfect and made Adam, it doesnt automatically mean or make Adam perfect.... If Adam was perfect, then he probably wouldnt have sinned. But what the bible does tell us is that God's creation was very good.......

Dogknox20

What a long rant. And it addresses nothing about what I said. I did not say Jesus failed. I simply said maybe Satan would celebrate the cross because it was the way his enemy Jesus died. And I do not blame any church for anything. But I will give you something else to rant about. Many places in the Bible say that JESUS is the ROCK. Maybe God would build his church on the rock of his son instead of on a human. Remember, open minds can see more than closed minds.
lostwanderingsoul Right you are; the Church Jesus established is build on ROCK! The Church Is The Body Of Jesus! The Church will never fail! Christians are "Christ Followers!"
Jesus is ALWAYS with his Church to the very end of Time! Satan did not take the Church from Jesus! To search for the Church Jesus established you must search for a 2000 year old Church! The LDS, JW's and the SDA all were started by men 1900 years after Jesus! They are forced to reject the scriptures to say; the Church Jesus built on ROCK failed!

The Church Jesus established 2000 years ago is NOT built on sand...
Matthew 7:26
But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
lostwanderingsoul To say the Church Jesus established on ROCK failed is to say "Jesus is Foolish"!

Christians use the sign of the "Cross"! Non Christians would not use the Cross as their sign! Satan is NOT Christian he is Anti-Christian he would not use the Cross as his symbol!
Joseph Smith said.. "There was NO church left in the world he would have to restore it!" Clearly he thinks Jesus is a "Foolish Man!"
Ellen G. White said something similar as Mr. J Smith the Seventh Day Adventist also want to restore what Jesus lost!
Charles Taze Russell also said the same, he started the JW's these people think Jesus is a Foolish man, they reject the Cross, they reject Jesus is God! The JW's and the LDS also believe in many gods Not just One as Christians teach!!
Christians believe Jesus is God.. Non Christians reject what Christians believe!

Dogknox20

The point I'm trying to make is that your using words that the bible doesnt use. Your taking words out and putting your words in.
Scripture doesnt say Adam was perfect, it's says that everything was very good. I just dont like putting in extra words.

Plus, it doesn't say that Jesus was born perfect. You say that.... That's my point. It says that he was made perfect by the things that he suffered. His trials in life made him perfect. But... when was he made or became perfect? When he was mortal like us or after his resurrection when he became immortal?
I think Jesus was perfect when he was made immortal by his father.

And just because God is perfect and made Adam, it doesn't automatically mean or make Adam perfect.... If Adam was perfect, then he probably wouldn't have sinned. But what the bible does tell us is that God's creation was very good.......
So to say "Adam was NOT perfect" is for you to say God is NOT perfect!
Adam was made “in the image and likeness of God.” Are you saying God is NOT perfect!
moorea944God saw that it was good”,.. All he had created was Good; Adam was created "GOOD"!

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man

Luke 1:42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!
43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me
?

Elizabeth is telling you Mary is the Mother of her God!
moorea944 God is perfect! Elizabeth is a Jew; Jews believe in one and only ONE God! EVERY.....

moorea944
every place in the chapter of Luke 1 you can switch out the word "Lord" with the word "God"!
(example) Luke 1:46 And Mary said:
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior

moorea944 God (The Lord) is PERFECT!

Matthew 1:23The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us).

God with us tells us it is "Jesus" ...God is PERFECT thus Jesus is PERFECT!

Thomas the Christian tells you "Jesus is his God" again "God is perfect!"

moorea944

So to say "Adam was NOT perfect" is for you to say God is NOT perfect!
Adam was made “in the image and likeness of God.” Are you saying God is NOT perfect!
moorea944God saw that it was good”,.. All he had created was Good; Adam was created "GOOD"!

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man

Luke 1:42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!
43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me
?

Elizabeth is telling you Mary is the Mother of her God!
moorea944 God is perfect! Elizabeth is a Jew; Jews believe in one and only ONE God! EVERY.....

moorea944
every place in the chapter of Luke 1 you can switch out the word "Lord" with the word "God"!
(example) Luke 1:46 And Mary said:
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior

moorea944 God (The Lord) is PERFECT!

Matthew 1:23The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us).

God with us tells us it is "Jesus" ...God is PERFECT thus Jesus is PERFECT!

Thomas the Christian tells you "Jesus is his God" again "God is perfect!"

Mary is the mother of God??? We shouldnt even be talking like that.... That totally degrades our Heavenly Father

Immanuel does mean "God with us". Correct. But it is not saying that God came down to earth, or changed into someone else. Jesus represented his father. "I came in my father's name". Jesus can also bear God's name. Jesus manifested God's character perfectly. God with us, absolutely!! But he is not God.

Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh??? That doesnt make sense because you say that Jesus is God.... So... do you think Jesus knew that he was God? Doesnt look like.... Didnt he give his father all glory in everything he did? Maybe there are two Gods? Not quite sure what your saying here...

Did Thomas actually believe that Jesus was God? No. Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim. Big difference..... but that's for another time....

Dogknox20

Mary is the mother of God??? We shouldnt even be talking like that.... That totally degrades our Heavenly Father

Immanuel does mean "God with us". Correct. But it is not saying that God came down to earth, or changed into someone else. Jesus represented his father. "I came in my father's name". Jesus can also bear God's name. Jesus manifested God's character perfectly. God with us, absolutely!! But he is not God.

Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh??? That doesn't make sense because you say that Jesus is God.... So... do you think Jesus knew that he was God? Doesn't look like.... Didn't he give his father all glory in everything he did? Maybe there are two Gods? Not quite sure what your saying here...

Did Thomas actually believe that Jesus was God? No. Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim. Big difference..... but that's for another time....
Happy new year...

You asked... Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh???
I answer: "God is Love"!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

moorea944 you MUST agree "God is PERFECT!" You are forced to reject God is PERFECT if you reject God is Love!
FACT: No one can love themselves! It is IMPOSSABLE to love your self.. "Love of self" is called "Selfishness"! Love of self is what Satan preaches!
God is Love; We both know to Love you need a second person to love, can't love money or cars or power and have true love Perfect love! True Love is = love for another it means: "Letting Go of self to benefit another person"! LOOK..
These people loved they GAVE to others from the heart...they end up in heaven...
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me
.’

moorea944 God is Love! God needs a second person to Love or he would NOT be PERFECT! God is PERFECT, he loves "the Word"! The very first split second there was God there had to be TWO (2)! (I use time to help wrap our minds around this truth!) God needed someone to LOVE or he would NOT be Love, he would NOT be God! God "The Word became Man" Out of perfect love, God came to save us! Jesus did NOT have to die he had a whack of Angels to protect him! He died for us out of Perfect love!
Matthew 26:53
Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

You ask.. who was in heaven? The Father was IN Heaven... The "WORD became Man and lived among us"!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
14...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

moorea944 you said... (about Thomas) Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim.
Our English translations: ALL of them translated the words of Thomas as "GOD" My lord and My God! Over 60 translations say "God"! Reject the words of God, reject the scriptures, reject the words of Thomas... That is what you are left with.. ALL peoples who reject Jesus MUST reject the scriptures!

You insult God by rejecting his Word!

moorea944

Happy new year...

You asked... Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh???
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

moorea944 you MUST agree "God is PERFECT!" You are forced to reject God is PERFECT if you reject God is Love!
FACT: No one can love themselves! It is IMPOSSABLE to love your self.. "Love of self" is called "Selfishness"! Love of self is what Satan preaches!
God is Love; We both know to Love you need a second person to love, can't love money or cars or power and have true love Perfect love! True Love is = love for another it means: "Letting Go of self to benefit another person"! LOOK..
These people loved they GAVE to others from the heart...they end up in heaven...
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me
.’

moorea944 God is Love! God needs a second person to Love or he would NOT be PERFECT! God is PERFECT, he loves "the Word"! The very first split second there was God there had to be TWO (2)! (I use time to help wrap our minds around this truth!) God needed someone to LOVE or he would NOT be Love, he would NOT be God! God "The Word became Man" Out of perfect love, God came to save us! Jesus did NOT have to die he had a whack of Angels to protect him! He died for us out of Perfect love!
Matthew 26:53
Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

You ask.. who was in heaven? The Father was IN Heaven... The "WORD became Man and lived among us"!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
14...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

moorea944 you said... (about Thomas) Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim.
Our English translations: ALL of them translated the words of Thomas as "GOD" My lord and My God! Over 60 translations say "God"! Reject the words of God, reject the scriptures, reject the words of Thomas... That is what you are left with.. ALL peoples who reject Jesus MUST reject the scriptures!

You insult God by rejecting his Word!

[You asked... Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh???
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.]

Your not answering my question....... I"m not talking about God is love. I already know that. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Dont know why your putting this in.....

[God needs a second person to Love or he would NOT be PERFECT! ]
That's your version. That has nothing to do with scripture.

[You ask.. who was in heaven? The Father was IN Heaven... The "WORD became Man and lived among us"!]
The Word is not Jesus yet. The "Word" is LOGOS in Greek, means someone's thoughts, reasons, plans. This is the word of God, God's plans, being manifested in a man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The word was with God. Of course it was, that was His LOGOS. Jesus doesnt come into play until verse 14.

[moorea944 you said... (about Thomas) Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim.
Our English translations: ALL of them translated the words of Thomas as "GOD"]

It doesnt, it translates into "God". That is different from "GOD". Thomas is not calling Jesus Yahway, he's calling him Elohim. Also, Jesus can carry or bear God's name too. When we get married, the wife "takes on" the name of the husband. She now has the husband's name. When we get baptized, we take on the name of the father, son and the HS.

The Levite priests were called God too, or in the org language, Elohim. The Judges were called God or Elohim too, because they were the ones who brought the word of God to the people.

So is Thomas calling Jesus Yahweh, of course not. Thomas knows who Yahweh is and he knows who Jesus is. A man........... not a God.
No one, and I mean no one believed Jesus was God..........

Muffled

Jesus in me
Genesis 1 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
I was taught in church that the “us” was proof of the Trinity. Those who don’t believe in the Trinity, who are the “us” in this verse? I’m curious

I believe in the Trinity but I believe God is one and this is not an instance of the Trinity. I believe there is not enough evidence to say for sure who the "us" is but it is likely angels and God already has people that look like us on other worlds. If one believes that Caucasians, Atlanteans, and Orientals are all from other planets then it bears that out as a distinct possibility.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Some commentary on this

Genesis 1:26 Commentaries: Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

For example

"Until recently, the traditional Christian interpretation has seen in the 1st pers. plur. a reference to the Three Persons of the Blessed Trinity. The requirements of a sound historical exegesis render this view untenable: for it would read into the Book of Genesis the religious teaching which is based upon the Revelation of the New Testament."

What do you think of that?

I believe the Trinity was prophesied in the old testament so that is not the best view of it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The forces of nature.

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred - WoT

I believe the idea of the environment shaping destiny is not new but the source of the environment is God. However it is highly likely that God is consistent throughout the universe even though He likes variety.

Dogknox20

[You asked... Ok, so.... if Jesus is God and God was on earth.... who was in heaven? Did Jesus pray to himself? I do my father's will... huh???
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.]

Your not answering my question....... I"m not talking about God is love. I already know that. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Dont know why your putting this in.....

[God needs a second person to Love or he would NOT be PERFECT! ]
That's your version. That has nothing to do with scripture.

[You ask.. who was in heaven? The Father was IN Heaven... The "WORD became Man and lived among us"!]
The Word is not Jesus yet. The "Word" is LOGOS in Greek, means someone's thoughts, reasons, plans. This is the word of God, God's plans, being manifested in a man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The word was with God. Of course it was, that was His LOGOS. Jesus doesnt come into play until verse 14.

[moorea944 you said... (about Thomas) Our "English" bibles are written like that, but he is saying that you are my Lord and my Elohim.
Our English translations: ALL of them translated the words of Thomas as "GOD"]

It doesnt, it translates into "God". That is different from "GOD". Thomas is not calling Jesus Yahway, he's calling him Elohim. Also, Jesus can carry or bear God's name too. When we get married, the wife "takes on" the name of the husband. She now has the husband's name. When we get baptized, we take on the name of the father, son and the HS.

The Levite priests were called God too, or in the org language, Elohim. The Judges were called God or Elohim too, because they were the ones who brought the word of God to the people.

So is Thomas calling Jesus Yahweh, of course not. Thomas knows who Yahweh is and he knows who Jesus is. A man........... not a God.
No one, and I mean no one believed Jesus was God..........
moorea944 Your words... The Word is not Jesus yet. The "Word" is LOGOS in Greek, means someone's thoughts, reasons, plans. This is the word of God, God's plans, being manifested in a man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The word was with God. Of course it was, that was His LOGOS. Jesus doesnt come into play until verse 14.

I reply: The Word is God' thoughts! ..... God spoke and he created! ......
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

moorea944 I said it before but it is worth repeating... Christians have always believed Jesus is God! The scriptures tell you "Jesus is God!" You are forced to reject the scriptures or twist the words of God until they say what you want them to say!.. God's words... "My Lord & God"! Blessed are those who believe as You!
moorea944.. God's words... Jesus is "ALWAYS with his Church to the end of Time"!
God's words... Jesus built on ROCK; his Church will never fail! The Church Jesus built on ROCK does NOT need to be Re-Formed because it has never failed!
God's words... Jesus commissioned his CHURCH to teach all nations; To the very end of Time!
God's words... The Body of Jesus is His Holy Church... His Church has ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"!
1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

moorea944 You reject the Spirit of Truth! You have placed your salvation in the lies taught by the spirit of falsehood.
All of the many man made Churches that have sprung out of the great De-Formation teach they must come to God' rescue and Build the Church Jesus lost! AS IF....

moorea944 as if Satan somehow overpowered Jesus and Satan TOOK the body of Jesus from Jesus! To teach this they all MUST reject the scriptures! You reject the scriptures to believe different then what Christians have ALWAYS taught; "Jesus is God"!
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us;

It was a man that taught Jesus is Not God!... Arius WAS a Christian UNTILL he was removed from AMONG Christians because of his FALSE TEACHING!
moorea944 This is PROPHESY....

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Christians were NOT Among Arius! This Prophesy can only work in the one direction!
Arius was AMONG Christians! You believe the teaching of a False Teacher! You believe what Christians have REJECTED! Arius was part of the Way Of Truth until he was rejected Jesus is God!

101G

GINOLJC, to All.
Not saying that any is Right or Wrong,, (not having read all the post), coming in on the tail end of this discussion.
But consider this. everyone believe that the Lord Jesus cannot Lie ...... agreed. based on that, lets see what the Lord Jesus say about the "US", and the "Our" in Genesis 1:26. but first, lets READ Genesis 1:27 before we hear the Lord Jesus answer. Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
well now, how did God go from a plurality of "US" and "OUR" in Genesis 1:26 to a singularity of "his", and "he" in the very next verse Genesis 1:27?. from looking over a few post, one member kind of hit on it, moorea944. in that God is a H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') which is the plural of H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah). and this is where we will find our answer. but as promised, lets here the Lord Jesus answer.

while speaking with some Pharisees concerning divorcement, the Lord Jesus made this startling, or eye opening revelation, lets hear the record. Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?"Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," so according to the Lord Jesus, God is a "HE" and not THEY/US/OUR who made man Male and Female. now, knowing this, that the Lord Jesus cannot lie, God is a HE. this is confirmed that the He in in Matthews 19:4 is God, our brother Mark confims this. Mark 10:5 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept." Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."
so God is a "HE" a single person just as Genesis 1:27 states. so what are we to do with Genesis 1:26 that contains "US", and "OUR". now, knowing that the bible don't LIE, nor the Lord Jesus, then we have to repent, meaning to CHANGE one's mind about God.

and our answer comes in Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" in the definition of "ONE".
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.

[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

definition #2 gives us the answer as to why God is the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'), which is the plural of H433 אֱלוֹהַּ 'elowahh (el-o'-ah).
when one understand this, then one can understand why God in Genesis 1:26 said "let "US" and "OUR"
PICJAG, 101G.

moorea944

moorea944 Your words... The Word is not Jesus yet. The "Word" is LOGOS in Greek, means someone's thoughts, reasons, plans. This is the word of God, God's plans, being manifested in a man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The word was with God. Of course it was, that was His LOGOS. Jesus doesnt come into play until verse 14.

I reply: The Word is God' thoughts! ..... God spoke and he created! ......
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

moorea944 I said it before but it is worth repeating... Christians have always believed Jesus is God! The scriptures tell you "Jesus is God!" You are forced to reject the scriptures or twist the words of God until they say what you want them to say!.. God's words... "My Lord & God"! Blessed are those who believe as You!
moorea944.. God's words... Jesus is "ALWAYS with his Church to the end of Time"!
God's words... Jesus built on ROCK; his Church will never fail! The Church Jesus built on ROCK does NOT need to be Re-Formed because it has never failed!
God's words... Jesus commissioned his CHURCH to teach all nations; To the very end of Time!
God's words... The Body of Jesus is His Holy Church... His Church has ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"!
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

moorea944 You reject the Spirit of Truth! You have placed your salvation in the lies taught by the spirit of falsehood.
All of the many man made Churches that have sprung out of the great De-Formation teach they must come to God' rescue and Build the Church Jesus lost! AS IF....

moorea944 as if Satan somehow overpowered Jesus and Satan TOOK the body of Jesus from Jesus! To teach this they all MUST reject the scriptures! You reject the scriptures to believe different then what Christians have ALWAYS taught; "Jesus is God"!
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us;

It was a man that taught Jesus is Not God!... Arius WAS a Christian UNTILL he was removed from AMONG Christians because of his FALSE TEACHING!
moorea944 This is PROPHESY....

2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Christians were NOT Among Arius! This Prophesy can only work in the one direction!
Arius was AMONG Christians! You believe the teaching of a False Teacher! You believe what Christians have REJECTED! Arius was part of the Way Of Truth until he was rejected Jesus is God!

[The Body of Jesus is His Holy Church... His Church has ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"!]
What verse are you using that the body of Jesus is the Holy Church?.... And what do you mean by the "Holy Church"? Catholic church?

Plus, Jesus never taught that he was God.... ever!!! Show me verses that Jesus teaches that he is God.....