• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

General Questions For Jewish Members

huajiro

(Jewscout is the only Jewish person I know of here, but I thought I would leave it open for the sake of not shutting out any other Jewish members' opinions.)

I recently posted another hero in my thread (Kurt Gerstein). It was the story of a Christian who became an officer in the Nazi party, in order to try to stop the slaughter of Jews.

My questions are:

How do you feel about him becoming a Nazi?

He had to actually help in the murder of Jews to save others (he destroyed some of the chemical shipments and tried to affect the transportation of Jews to the camps, but still had to participate in order to get close).....would you hold ill-will towards him for this?

How would Jews look at him as a Christian for this?

As a person, do you feel that he should have given his life to stop it, or do you consider it a greater contribution that he gave....risking his life constantly, trying to get others to do something also?

I ask this of the Jewish members.....but post it in the General Discussion area, because I would like everyone to see the response. I am interested in the Jewish perspective, as obviously they were more affected by the Holocaust.