• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genealogical research is paranormal

Nicolaus

The Netherlands was once of the most powerful countries of the world. New York was Nieuw (New) Amsterdam, Indonesia (Nederlands Indie) was 250 maybe or more years Dutch. Australia was New Holland. South Africa, Suid Africa , Jan van Riebeeck :).
Even in India and Ceylon (Sri Lanka) had Dutch influence. Brasil was once partly Dutch.

That is the past. I am doing genealogical research almost 47 years.
I was a member of the Nederlandsche Leeuw one of the oldest genealogical organisations. (Google if you want proof, Nederlandsche Leeuw or Nederlandse Leeuw).

Genealogical research is paranormal :). This opinion is not mine. It is confirmed by high standard genealogists that I met that past 47 years.
Our passed anscestors lead and guide us. I got many unexpected proves of that.

Nothing wrong with that. It is a proof, thats life is not ending. There is an afterlife and that God exist!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Netherlands was once of the most powerful countries of the world. New York was Nieuw (New) Amsterdam, Indonesia (Nederlands Indie) was 250 maybe or more years Dutch. Australia was New Holland. South Africa, Suid Africa , Jan van Riebeeck :).
Even in India and Ceylon (Sri Lanka) had Dutch influence. Brasil was once partly Dutch.

That is the past. I am doing genealogical research almost 47 years.
I was a member of the Nederlandsche Leeuw one of the oldest genealogical organisations. (Google if you want proof, Nederlandsche Leeuw or Nederlandse Leeuw).

Genealogical research is paranormal :). This opinion is not mine. It is confirmed by high standard genealogists that I met that past 47 years.
Our passed anscestors lead and guide us. I got many unexpected proves of that.

Nothing wrong with that. It is a proof, thats life is not ending. There is an afterlife and that God exist!
And what did they do exactly to arrive to that conclusion?

Nicolaus

@"And what did they do exactly to arrive to that conclusion?"

Dear Nowhere Man,

They did nothing.
It came over them. It just happened. This is the truth. You can believe me..., or not.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
@"And what did they do exactly to arrive to that conclusion?"

Dear Nowhere Man,

They did nothing.
It came over them. It just happened. This is the truth. You can believe me..., or not.
I am rather open-minded to this idea.

I would love to hear a couple examples of this phenomena.

Nicolaus

Dag (Hallo) George,

As Dutch speaking native , my english is not good enough to discribe this phenomena proparly. Therefore it will take some time to come with an substantial answer.
I do my best. I can give you a lot of examples. In Dutch I could give it now , but in English I have to look some words up.
Living in old Europe is a big advantage. I was able to trace my family line up to 42 generations. (It took me 47 years).
All the familienames I traced. Called Kwartierstaat in Dutch. Ofcours some lines ended in 1750. But some beyond Hugo Capet.

One example. Menapia. The (Old) Flemish-Dutch speaking (Belgians) are called Menapiers. On an old map I found not far from Wexford the old town of Menapia.
I visited Wexford and the surroundings just look like the Dutch Flemish coast. Sand dunes.

There is also Loftus Hall or Redmond Hall , Hook Head not far from Wexford, Waterford. The most "haunted" place in Ireland. I found it the most interesting place I ever saw.
Ofcours this has nothing to do with the subject , but it gives you an impression of my interests.
Next time about the phenomina of paranormal expierences in researching anscestors. You have also keep in mind, that The Netherlands was a world power.
One of the most mysterious countries (in my opinion) is Indonesia (Former Nederlandsch Indie - Dutch Indies). We (Dutch) had a long relationship with this huge country.

Half of my family lived there and almost every Dutch family had relatives from 1600 on that sailed via Cape Town (Kaapstad) to Indonesia.
Sri Lanka (Ceylon) was partly Dutch, Brasil too. Not to speak about the USA. .....New York? Nieuw Amsterdam! Brooklyn? Breukelen ! Harlem? Haarlem etc.
Even now you have in parlement Ya and Nay (Not yes and no) (Ja and Nee = Dutch).

A lot of Dutch Indonesian people came to The Netherlands after 1948. I knew a very intereresting professional Dutch Indonesian genealog, who told me about his paranormal experences during investigations.
But that was almost 40 years ago.