• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gene-editing helps man see again

danieldemol

Premium Member
Only that, if you noticed, there isn't a single break but rather a constant. We just notice that there is more to it than just a dig. I don't take it personal.
This comes across as shooting the messenger figuratively speaking.

If certain religions where not messing up constantly their issues wouldn't be reported on constantly.

But there will always be some who would beg and plead in vain for dissent to be silenced rather than address the underlying issues which are the root cause of the problem .

In my opinion.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
This comes across as shooting the messenger figuratively speaking.

If certain religions where not messing up constantly their issues wouldn't be reported on constantly.

But there will always be some who would beg and plead in vain for dissent to be silenced rather than address the underlying issues which are the root cause of the problem .

In my opinion.
True... that does happen.

Do we look to you for a better way?

danieldemol

Premium Member
True... that does happen.

Do we look to you for a better way?
A better way starts with identifying the problem, so I can help you out that far, but the best solutions to complex problems often come about through team work, so there is no requirement to build a personality cult centred on me or any other individual.

In my opinion.

Kenny

Premium Member
A better way starts with identifying the problem, so I can help you out that far, but the best solutions to complex problems often come about through team work, so there is no requirement to build a personality cult centred on me or any other individual.

In my opinion.
but you haven't identified any problem... what you did is simply place a dig. What evidence do you have that there are no miracles?

https://charismactivism.com/2012/11/03/eleven-medically-verified-healings/

Kenny

Premium Member
With as many people dying of disease in the world, or starving, etc, Yahweh's record isn't very good.
But, as with Jesus, it wasn't Yahweh's fault.

Think of it this way... in the US, the government provides for free schooling up to high-school and sometimes beyond... not everyone graduates. Is it the governments fault? Not really.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
but you haven't identified any problem... what you did is simply place a dig. What evidence do you have that there are no miracles?

https://charismactivism.com/2012/11/03/eleven-medically-verified-healings/
I dont have any evidence that the miracles of Zues are not true, but since claims that he can throw lightning are not confirmed by scientific repeatable testing I'm not exactly trembling in fear of him.

As for the alleged miracles that you linked to in a blog, if they are confirmed by scientific repeatable testing as opposed to being the allegations of a random nobody blogger, then lets see the peer reviewed article confirming them as opposed to some random blog.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
But, as with Jesus, it wasn't Yahweh's fault.

Think of it this way... in the US, the government provides for free schooling up to high-school and sometimes beyond... not everyone graduates. Is it the governments fault? Not really.
Actually if you had a teacher and 99percent of the class was failing the government would be partly accountable if it didn't retrain or replace the teacher.

And the teacher would certainly be accountable for such a woeful performance.

So perhaps Jesus is responsible as teacher for the fact that so many Christians failed to produce miracles.

In my opinion.

Kenny

Premium Member
I dont have any evidence that the miracles of Zues are not true, but since claims that he can throw lightning are not confirmed by scientific repeatable testing I'm not exactly trembling in fear of him.

As for the alleged miracles that you linked to in a blog, if they are confirmed by scientific repeatable testing as opposed to being the allegations of a random nobody blogger, then lets see the peer reviewed article confirming them as opposed to some random blog.

In my opinion.

Hmmm... they were medically affirmed. If you don't want to accept it because it runs contrary to your digs, that is another story. As they say, in this case, if the evidence runs the hair of the cat in the wrong direction, let the cat turn around.

This statement really shows that your interest isn't to better faith but just want to throw out digs. It gives the appearance that you have a person issue... in my opinion.

Kenny

Premium Member
Actually if you had a teacher and 99percent of the class was failing the government would be partly accountable if it didn't retrain or replace the teacher.

And the teacher would certainly be accountable for such a woeful performance.

So perhaps Jesus is responsible as teacher for the fact that so many Christians failed to produce miracles.

In my opinion.
your logic made your statement irrelevant.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hmmm... they were medically affirmed. If you don't want to accept it because it runs contrary to your digs, that is another story. As they say, in this case, if the evidence runs the hair of the cat in the wrong direction, let the cat turn around.

This statement really shows that your interest isn't to better faith but just want to throw out digs. It gives the appearance that you have a person issue... in my opinion.
Claims made by bloggers are not evidence.

If you'd like to see what the actual evidence says perhaps a more scientific approach would be helpful?

'Empirical research indicates that prayer and intercessory prayer have no discernible effects.[1]'

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficacy_of_prayer

1 Long-Awaited Medical Study Questions the Power of Prayer (Published 2006)

In my opinion.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

What exactly do you think "medically affirmed" means in the context of those accounts? Does being medically affirmed constitute evidence of a miracle? Most any person a doctor treats could be considered medically affirmed as to condition, prognosis, treatment, response, recovery, etc. Even the dead patients.

Can those anecdotes about unexpected positive results be shown, beyond reasonable doubt, to be the product of a real miracle? On what evidence can that be shown to others? To me? In the case of CRSPR, there is clear evidence of what was done, the methods, and the results.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

In my opinion.
It appears to me to be a series of anecdotes where the conclusion is assumed without evidence. They are referred to as case studies, but the original sources used are not provided to know what they are beyond anecdotes.

If you compare these results to the many, many other times devout believers have prayed and believed in healing with no successful results, it could be these are just statistical outliers or outcomes that would have happened regardless. That seems to be a problem with miracles. How do you know if one really is?

Kenny

Premium Member
Claims made by bloggers are not evidence.

If you'd like to see what the actual evidence says perhaps a more scientific approach would be helpful?

'Empirical research indicates that prayer and intercessory prayer have no discernible effects.[1]'

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficacy_of_prayer

1 Long-Awaited Medical Study Questions the Power of Prayer (Published 2006)

In my opinion.
Two step - side step. The information was quoted with sources.

The "prayer" investigations has too many flaws.

Your attempt is simply an attempt at "this is want I want it to be so no matter what you say, I'm not accepting it"

It is the byproduct of "digs" ;)

Kenny

Premium Member
How so?

In my opinion.
"Actually if you had a teacher and 99percent of the class was failing the government would be partly accountable if it didn't retrain or replace the teacher."

1) "IF...99%" constructing an impossible situation that they you tear down yourself
2) Prayer doesn't have a 99% fail rate... unless you are praying faithless prayers and prayer that aren't biblical.

Lousy logic.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
"Actually if you had a teacher and 99percent of the class was failing the government would be partly accountable if it didn't retrain or replace the teacher."

1) "IF...99%" constructing an impossible situation that they you tear down yourself
2) Prayer doesn't have a 99% fail rate... unless you are praying faithless prayers and prayer that aren't biblical.

Lousy logic.

How exactly do you determine if a given prayer was faithless?