• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Radical ideology, you mean like young earth creationism? Or climate change denial? Or the belief that homosexuality and transgenderism are some kind of mental illness? You know what you're right, people like that should be no where near our education system. So glad we agree.

Your hyperbolic hysteria (I should get a prize for that alliteration) is unnecessary. No one is "breaking down everything that mankind is." For millenia there have been a small percentage of people who don't fit neatly into the black and white male/female binary. And there's nothing wrong with that. They are just people trying to be authentic and comfortable in their own skin like everyone else. People like you who make them feel like freaks of nature only make the situation worse.

I agree. To speak in general terms, and not necessarily at the OP, people need to realize that what goes around, comes around. Accepting LGBTQ+ would be beneficial to religion as it creates a softer opinion of said religion. Religion is all about leading by good example, or should be.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Can I say something very personal?

My first endocrinologist, when I lived in Sicily had never cured patients who did SRS...I was his first.

When I learned it, after the surgery , I felt like a lab rat. I am sure he considered me like one.

But I understood very very few people decide to undergo SRS and that reassured me.

Believe me...it is not a game...it is a calvary.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To be personal myself, I might as well blow this thread out of the water with my feelings since we're already getting to the point of the important, touchy-feely subjects. Okay... I think if a religion doesn't enable peace and acceptance, it's not worth one's time. This leads to harsh, critical views from outsiders of said religion because I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. The people who are more religious say, I don't hate you personally, it's okay. But it's really like if I created a thread saying "I hate the sin that is Christianity, but accept the sinner." It's more like 50 percent acceptance and sensitivity from others masquerading as 100 percent. Then we've got all this terrible misinformation out there on transsexuality.

I'm going to see a professional to talk over transitioning, but can't say I don't have struggles due to religion. My religious family thinks I'm wicked and going to hell, due to their misinformation.

Last edited:

Sonic247

@Brickjectivity Intersex is interesting, and they are a mosaic... are they adressed in the Bible, I can't say for sure, although the principal of Isaiah 56:3-5 certainly applies and the wording of verse 5 seems oddly specific "better then of sons and of daughters".....now I know the word eunuch is mostly just used to mean a servant that had his junk cut off- I get that. But even if it doesn't exactly apply the principal still does for intersex that they could have a name "better than sons and daughters" and honestly I'm not sure doesn't fit because Jesus said, (in the context of marriage, so we know eunuch hear means more then simply "servant") Some made eunuchs and some born that way from their mothers womb. But my bigger point on that is it's based on something concrete, it's based on biology. But if gender was in the head, and not dependent on biology then there would be no need to change biology. In other words, hypothetically speaking, why not be a man in a woman's body? What is wrong with that? That's the brain/body combo God created for you, and he did it for a purpose. But It's obvious that it is all about the body. There is no real disconnect between gender and sex, except when it's convenient for an argument. @AT-AT You have a body that God made for you. And I don't hate you because of the desires. Because everyone feels the force of a wrong desire pulling them towards their own sins. And being weighed down with the trails and heartbreak of this life does nothing for our resolve. I'm not here telling you to resist your desires in your own strength, only to acknowledge what is true. That God is your creator and there is nothing wrong with that creation. I don't know what your family believes, or how they apply those beliefs... but this much is true- We have access to a relationship with God. Through faith in his son. When we believe he suffered for us (by his stripes we are healed) that he rose from the dead. Have faith in that, and pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit can tell you that it's true. Jesus said that whoever believes in him would be sent a comforter, the Spirit of truth the world can't recieve. And there is an endless supply of peace and comfort from that indwelling Spirit. So I really hope you go that way. Because I'll tell you this, even after you transition, the world is still going to be a cruel place. But the love of God is better then anything in this world. Instead of seeking a new body now, seek the one that God can give you in the resurrection. Because yes, to a certain extent I feel more empathy to an individual and more contempt to the general mob- the things I say to either one are mostly true (barring some error, I don't think anyone is free from that)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@Brickjectivity Intersex is interesting, and they are a mosaic... are they adressed in the Bible, I can't say for sure, although the principal of Isaiah 56:3-5 certainly applies and the wording of verse 5 seems oddly specific "better then of sons and of daughters".....now I know the word eunuch is mostly just used to mean a servant that had his junk cut off- I get that. But even if it doesn't exactly apply the principal still does for intersex that they could have a name "better than sons and daughters" and honestly I'm not sure doesn't fit because Jesus said, (in the context of marriage, so we know eunuch hear means more then simply "servant") Some made eunuchs and some born that way from their mothers womb. But my bigger point on that is it's based on something concrete, it's based on biology. But if gender was in the head, and not dependent on biology then there would be no need to change biology. In other words, hypothetically speaking, why not be a man in a woman's body? What is wrong with that? That's the brain/body combo God created for you, and he did it for a purpose. But It's obvious that it is all about the body. There is no real disconnect between gender and sex, except when it's convenient for an argument. @AT-AT You have a body that God made for you. And I don't hate you because of the desires. Because everyone feels the force of a wrong desire pulling them towards their own sins. And being weighed down with the trails and heartbreak of this life does nothing for our resolve. I'm not here telling you to resist your desires in your own strength, only to acknowledge what is true. That God is your creator and there is nothing wrong with that creation. I don't know what your family believes, or how they apply those beliefs... but this much is true- We have access to a relationship with God. Through faith in his son. When we believe he suffered for us (by his stripes we are healed) that he rose from the dead. Have faith in that, and pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit can tell you that it's true. Jesus said that whoever believes in him would be sent a comforter, the Spirit of truth the world can't recieve. And there is an endless supply of peace and comfort from that indwelling Spirit. So I really hope you go that way. Because I'll tell you this, even after you transition, the world is still going to be a cruel place. But the love of God is better then anything in this world. Instead of seeking a new body now, seek the one that God can give you in the resurrection. Because yes, to a certain extent I feel more empathy to an individual and more contempt to the general mob- the things I say to either one are mostly true (barring some error, I don't think anyone is free from that)

Thank you for more or less understanding such a sensitive subject, fellow Sonic fan.

Curious George

Veteran Member
In other words, hypothetically speaking, why not be a man in a woman's body? What is wrong with that? That's the brain/body combo God created for you, and he did it for a purpose.
Why get cochlear implants? Why have corrective eye surgery, or get any reconstructive work for birth defects?

In the U.S. there is a presumption that the parents are acting in a child's best interests. This presumption can be overcome with evidence that the child has suffered harm or is in imminent danger of harm. Just like we recognize munchausen by proxy as a type of abuse, a parent forcing gender dysmorphia on a child would be seen as child abuse. But there are a lot of safeguards in place to prevent such.

The sooner we accept transgender folks the sooner those safeguards will become even better. Puberty blockers seem no different than a parent making a decision like circumcision or rearing a child in a specific religion. We assume that parents are making the best choices for children until we have evidence they are not. Speculation from afar doesn't really qualify as contrary evidence, let alone evidence of harm. If you think a child is being harmed you should voice your concern, but you should probably do so with an open mind and with the intention of accepting whatever is in the child's best interest even if that conflicts with your personal beliefs.