• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender changes

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Im not overly fond of going to the trans stuff. But overwhelmingly the people going are younger than me and other than being trans I have very little in common with them, and the divide widens as my concerns and issues arent the same given I grew up in a world that is entirely different and far less tolerant than California. Here I feel its so much easier to live without making trans being a focus, which is what trans groups do. I can just live, which is fine with me.
That's fine for you but finding community and support is a great thing, most especially when you're at the beginning of your journey.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
yea, that's what I thought, well it's like this, everybody is different were you wouldn't want someone to get offended on your behalf, there are a lot of people who would appreciate the fact that I cared enough about them to be offended on their behalf. Do you think I just got this way? nope, I've always stuck my neck out for people and you know what I've always got the response of being grateful that I cared, I've never encountered a ungrateful person till you. Just like you have to be you, guess what? I'm gonna be me, and continue to operate in the way I always have and I feel good about it!! Oh yea, I take Autism very serious because my Grand child has Autism/Asperger,you really wanta see me take something personally, let someone hurt his feelings or do something to him!!cause he is my heart!!!
Causing harm is one thing, but here you lacked context and made incorrect assumptions. Its not just an unappreciativeness, in certain lines of work making such assumptions can kill a client/clinician relation before it grows. Generally, its better to know first before speaking up.

Diamond

You would do it again, even now? Knowing that you falsely accused me of being insensitive based on your own false assumptions?
You would do it again, even now? Knowing that you falsely accused me of being insensitive based on your own false assumptions?
now you are misunderstanding me that is not how I meant it, I'm saying it as we haven't discussed anything at all and if I had to do it again, I'd think the same way and my action would be the same.I don't mean any harm but I still feel it was insensitive,so to me I didn't have a false assumption. but if that's how yall roll, then it's all good.

Diamond

Causing harm is one thing, but here you lacked context and made incorrect assumptions. Its not just an unappreciativeness, in certain lines of work making such assumptions can kill a client/clinician relation before it grows. Generally, its better to know first before speaking up.
look you are the one wasting your time and energy,cause I am not gonna change how I feel and I'm not gonna explain myself any further .I am gonna continue to be who I always have been, and I could care less how you feel about it, or what you think. Case Closed.

lostwanderingsoul

Seems it would be a lot simpler to just be a man who likes other men. why go to the pain and expense to try to change who you are? You genes tell you who you are and taking medicines or cutting things off will not change that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So even if the people get all the goodies there is no guarantee they will be happy. Even if everything changes.

Doctor Everything-will-be-alright can make everything go wrong 'cuz pill, thrills and daffodils can kill.
After all; you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need.

Nothing can guarantee you happiness, no matter how radical the change. Not for Lola, not for me, not for the proletariat. Sometimes you just have to settle with rolling that rock up that hill.
Sometimes radical chnges are necessary just to have a chance at a tolerable life, let alone happiness. Addicts come to mind, where often times radical changes in social routines are necessary. Myself, Im not completely happy, but Im happy enough to not drink myself to death or abuse my body. And if someone is to the point they are considering disregarding what may come of their family, at the minimum they do need some time to consider if its continue rolling it or let it go downhill, because theyre already getting tired of rolling it. I would say its definitely to the point of seeking help to have help working things out, because regardless of what happens such feelings do not go away and the lives of others are involved.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's fine for you but finding community and support is a great thing, most especially when you're at the beginning of your journey.
It is, but its not the "one size fits everyone" thing. But, Im also not normal and dont really do groups. IMO, they get thrown at as a sollution, rather than a suggestion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You think we dont know? Thats why we transition, to treat the dysphoria and become more comfortable in ourselves. Im stumped over this one, because as a mental health professional the idea of trying to attack a group for having a mental illness seems not only hideously cruel, but most curious because you might as well go to a critical care unit and condemn them as suicidal because they all have a mental illness.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Nice well poisoning. Wikipedia ITSELF is not a source, the articles linked to in the article ARE.

Can you point to any factual inaccuracies in the link I posted, or are you just hand waving inconvenient data? Here's your big chance to demonstrate with facts and objective data that the information at the link was incorrect.

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
Nice well poisoning. Wikipedia ITSELF is not a source, the articles linked to in the article ARE.

Can you point to any factual inaccuracies in the link I posted, or are you just hand waving inconvenient data? Here's your big chance to demonstrate with facts and objective data that the information at the link was incorrect.

I don't debate websites. But feel free to present a cogent argument with concrete evidence for your claims and I'll happily examine it :)