• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender changes

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In Marxist ideology we are told that if the proletariat takes over the means of production that the proletariat will build and "Worker's Paradise" and the proletariat will find happiness, so my question to you is it guaranteed that the proletariat will find happiness if they do indeed gain the means of production?

In English muffin, please.

Diamond

Have you seen how I describe my own experiences? Youd think I was the victim of a horror flick the way I do ("I have a dead guy stitched to me like Frankenstiens creature," "I look forward to having my face flesh peeled off while my face bones get ground down," "I enjoy having large needles shoved through my skin to have a piece of metal inserted inside the gaping hole.") and I do it to amuse myself, and to laugh at the challenges of life. It serves no good to anyone to be more offended than the one you claim the content is offensive to (I pretty much refuse to say something is offensive to someone else because Im not that someine else and its easy to be embarrassed should they not find it offensive).
well I can understand if you feel that way like you said it's your prerogative.however; I don't feel that way and I wasn't the least bit embarrassed about it, I was just glad he wasn't offended and was all good about it, if I had to do it all over again I would do it the same way, that's my prerogative.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I am calm, I just feel that was inappropriate. People need to think before acting. But I am glad you thought about it and retraced.:thumbsup:

Well, the deeper meaning of my post was more in line with understanding the full effects of changing one's gender. For instance, there are certainly some things one might miss from being male. Especially if their conversion is later in life and not from the pubescent age onward.. IOW, people get used to certain things.

You made it seem like I was being insulting, when in actuality, you didn't understand the depth of what I was saying. So I never needed to retrace. And didnt.

...But that's okay. It was just a misunderstanding.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Now, I have a question for you, did you comment because you really care about my needing to stop taking things so personally or were you just trying to put me in my place in your own way? I'm just asking?
Too help you see its really not your place and because I dont like people getting offended on my behalf. I don't like it when it comes to Aspergers/Autism either.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, the deeper meaning of my post was more in line with understanding the full effects of changing one's gender. For instance, there are certainly some things one might miss from being male. Especially if their conversion is later in life and not from the pubescent age onward.. IOW, people get used to certain things.
I miss nothing. Its like being cast for a role I didnt really want or like finally coming to an end (except better and deeper since its my life rather than a character on stage). I dont even miss my trench coat (its black, leather, and Ive had it since high school).

Cooky

Veteran Member
well I can understand if you feel that way like you said it's your prerogative.however; I don't feel that way and I wasn't the least bit embarrassed about it, I was just glad he wasn't offended and was all good about it, if I had to do it all over again I would do it the same way, that's my prerogative.

You would do it again, even now? Knowing that you falsely accused me of being insensitive based on your own false assumptions?

Cooky

Veteran Member
I miss nothing. Its like being cast for a role I didnt really want or like finally coming to an end (except better and deeper since its my life rather than a character on stage). I dont even miss my trench coat (its black, leather, and Ive had it since high school).

How old were you when you decided to be a full time woman?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Eh forum dynamics are pretty complicated too. How were they suppose to know I don't have a soul?
Its a larger theme. I often use Ricky Gervias' joke about Catelyn Jenner not helping the stereotypes of women drivers. It's in no way transphobic (as the target is clearly a woman who killed someone while behind the wheel and stereotypes about women being bad drivers), yet lots of non-trans people decided it was such (and I appreciate that he didn't back down). Its pretty much the same in how I have heard tons more white liberals complain about school/sport names than I have Native Americans, and complain about them louder - changing names wont address their real problems, is what they often tell me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I came out to some throughout my 20s, and Im still not quite fully full time yet (I didn't feel safe doing so in Indiana). Work (due to drivers license) and when I still need to are pretty much the only times Im not (such as, going back to Indiana for a couple months, I wont be but I still have to come out to the rest of my family there). But in my early 30s is when I started living as a woman and by the end of next year I should be full time (assuming I can get enough electrolysis so I dont have to wax my beard off anymore to get rid of the beard shadow).

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
So even if the people get all the goodies there is no guarantee they will be happy. Even if everything changes.

Doctor Everything-will-be-alright can make everything go wrong 'cuz pill, thrills and daffodils can kill.
After all; you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need.

Nothing can guarantee you happiness, no matter how radical the change. Not for Lola, not for me, not for the proletariat. Sometimes you just have to settle with rolling that rock up that hill.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, in short, I moved out of Indiana so I could do that without the good ole boy mentality and confederate flag waving ******** who were already treating more poorly and telling me to leave the state (and that was before the first time I wore a dress or carried a purse in public). But life has been so much better that even finding a pair of jeans that fit in the store is easier than ever (I can easily find womens jeans that fit, but it was very hard for me to find mens jeans that fit). I dont miss anything about being male (I dont even miss it taking practically no time to get ready).

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've decided that I might pursue a gender change in the future despite the toll it will take on me, family and friends. There's a lot going on in my life right now so it may be best if I waited just a few months, though. Maybe lost some weight as well because I've heard certain things regarding the subject that I don't wish to discuss on the forum, currently.

One thing which puzzles me is how the new me will be. For example, right now I get a certain confidence knowing I'm a physically strong guy and that if I ever got jumped on the street and was in great trouble, they're probably not going to win, unless they have a weapon in which case I'll do the smart thing and give them whatever they want. So confidence does come in being strong, even if you don't have to display that strength. However becoming a woman, I will have to worry more. It just feels like you become slightly more... vulnerable. Sorry if I am misunderstanding such a deep subject.

One of the deciding factors in my decision was taking a deep look at myself and seeing how the subject gives me frustration currently, and how I try to channel that frustration well but sometimes that extra 1 percent seeps out.
Good luck. Do your research, connect with the trans community in your area and find good doctors. I'm a trans man, myself, and very happy with what transitioning has given me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm genuinely curious about that given there was a rise over nothing. It needlessly put people on the defensive.

Diamond

Too help you see its really not your place and because I dont like people getting offended on my behalf. I don't like it when it comes to Aspergers/Autism either.
yea, that's what I thought, well it's like this, everybody is different were you wouldn't want someone to get offended on your behalf, there are a lot of people who would appreciate the fact that I cared enough about them to be offended on their behalf. Do you think I just got this way? nope, I've always stuck my neck out for people and you know what I've always got the response of being grateful that I cared, I've never encountered a ungrateful person till you. Just like you have to be you, guess what? I'm gonna be me, and continue to operate in the way I always have and I feel good about it!! Oh yea, I take Autism very serious because my Grand child has Autism/Asperger,you really wanta see me take something personally, let someone hurt his feelings or do something to him!!cause he is my heart!!!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good luck. Do your research, connect with the trans community in your area and find good doctors. I'm a trans man, myself, and very happy with what transitioning has given me.
Im not overly fond of going to the trans stuff. But overwhelmingly the people going are younger than me and other than being trans I have very little in common with them, and the divide widens as my concerns and issues arent the same given I grew up in a world that is entirely different and far less tolerant than California. Here I feel its so much easier to live without making trans being a focus, which is what trans groups do. I can just live, which is fine with me.