• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender changes

Nimos

oh my goodness, there are really some cold hearted and non caring people on this forum if I wasn't scared of getting a warning in my inbox, I would really give yall a piece of my mind.:mad:
That was not meant as a cold hearted comment, merely a fun remark as it is an issue most people will never face. And even AT-AT must have thought of it, nothing wrong with that, I think.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
That was not meant as a cold hearted comment, merely a fun remark as it is an issue most people will never face. And even AT-AT must have thought of it, nothing wrong with that, I think.

The way I'm seeing this thread is my friends/acquaintances stepped in to make jokes because they know I love humor. This does mean if someone wants a deep discussion on the subject, it is possible they might have to start their own thread, though, because I welcome humor in mine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
oh my goodness, there are really some cold hearted and non caring people on this forum if I wasn't scared of getting a warning in my inbox, I would really give yall a piece of my mind.:mad:
You need to quit taking things personally. There's too much junk to ever follow out such a perogative, and it wastes too much time and enegery from life. And if you are going to confront someone, saying "I'd tell you off but I dont want my wrist slapped" is being a pushover, not assertive.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The way I'm seeing this thread is my friends/acquaintances stepped in to make jokes because they know I love humor. This does mean if someone wants a deep discussion on the subject, it is possible they might have to start their own thread, though, because I welcome humor in mine.

Right. Because I dont think anyone here would ever want to hurt you... I wouldn't.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Right. Because I dont think anyone here would ever want to hurt you... I wouldn't.

Yes. Gotta be able to handle public opinion within reason. It's a real touchy subject, but I kind of just see it as, people knew it was okay to respond to my thread with humor, and that it was a bit of a safe zone for them to do so. I gotta take that as a compliment as the OP.

Diamond

I don't mind. We're all friends here lol.
I don't like things like that at all, there was nothing that said "friend"!! You stepped out and spoke from your heart about a very serious situation in your life, it's nothing to laugh about, you deserve more respect then that. I know it's basically none of my biz, but that stuck a nerve,sorry if I'm out of line.
I do have a word for you,just take your time and weigh all your options and the pros and cons of it,I know you worry about your family and friends if you decide on doing it, yea it will be a shock to them and maybe even hard to understand but if they love you,they will stand by you and support you,because your outside my change but you're still the person they've loved for all this time.Keep your head up and I wish the absolute best for you.
many blessings:babyangel:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't like things like that at all, there was nothing that said "friend"!! You stepped out and spoke from your heart about a very serious situation in your life, it's nothing to laugh about, you deserve more respect then that. I know it's basically none of my biz, but that stuck a nerve,sorry if I'm out of line.
I do have a word for you,just take your time and weigh all your options and the pros and cons of it,I know you worry about your family and friends if you decide on doing it, yea it will be a shock to them and maybe even hard to understand but if they love you,they will stand by you and support you,because your outside my change but you're still the person they've loved for all this time.Keep your head up and I wish the absolute best for you.

Thanks for the lovely advice. I appreciate it.

But I can't just say "You must respond seriously to my thread" either, given that I appreciate humor, I'm a wild 80's child, and because I'm sure there may have been times when I've made a joke to lighten the mood in other people's serious threads too. Sure they might be in hot water if it was the wrong OP, perhaps... but I really don't mind.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Oh that's nice of you,I'm fine,as long as you are! and it seems you are. I've just always been a really caring person.

I understand. Thank you. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but I think the best thing for me is if people, if they feel inclined, keep the serious and joke posts coming. I'll even joke with them.

Diamond

Thanks for the lovely advice. I appreciate it.

But I can't just say "You must respond seriously to my thread" either, given that I appreciate humor, I'm a wild 80's child, and because I'm sure there may have been times when I've made a joke to lighten the mood in other people's serious threads too. Sure they might be in hot water if it was the wrong OP, perhaps... but I really don't mind.
Then that's all that matters.:)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So have you solved or decided on this issue yet? :D

toilet-signs-77043.jpg

I'll have to decide. Maybe I'll mix it up now and then, heh.

Audie

Veteran Member
Wow $230. My most expensive shoes were $85. :p

$230 isnt much. Eight hundred is
common.
My "everyday" bag cost almost $2000.
You sure you want to get into all that?

I might like being a man but 4'11" and
93 lbs would not look very manly even if
I got the scratch n spit thing worked out.

Diamond

Hey if he's cool with it then it's all good,I do apologize for reacting so strong,I was thinking how I would have felt and took that comment, but I have to realize everybody is different. take care.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hey if he's cool with it then it's all good,I do apologize for reacting so strong,I was thinking how I would have felt and took that comment, but I have to realize everybody is different. take care.

Fun fact: Every post, Gelos takes a little bit more of your soul. By 1000 posts, you'll be mad at yourself for not taking yourself seriously.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I've decided that I might pursue a gender change in the future despite the toll it will take on me, family and friends. There's a lot going on in my life right now so it may be best if I waited just a few months, though. Maybe lost some weight as well because I've heard certain things regarding the subject that I don't wish to discuss on the forum, currently.

One thing which puzzles me is how the new me will be. For example, right now I get a certain confidence knowing I'm a physically strong guy and that if I ever got jumped on the street and was in great trouble, they're probably not going to win, unless they have a weapon in which case I'll do the smart thing and give them whatever they want. So confidence does come in being strong, even if you don't have to display that strength. However becoming a woman, I will have to worry more. It just feels like you become slightly more... vulnerable. Sorry if I am misunderstanding such a deep subject.

One of the deciding factors in my decision was taking a deep look at myself and seeing how the subject gives me frustration currently, and how I try to channel that frustration well but sometimes that extra 1 percent seeps out.
In Marxist ideology we are told that if the proletariat takes over the means of production that the proletariat will build and "Worker's Paradise" and the proletariat will find happiness, so my question to you is it guaranteed that the proletariat will find happiness if they do indeed gain the means of production?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Have you seen how I describe my own experiences? Youd think I was the victim of a horror flick the way I do ("I have a dead guy stitched to me like Frankenstiens creature," "I look forward to having my face flesh peeled off while my face bones get ground down," "I enjoy having large needles shoved through my skin to have a piece of metal inserted inside the gaping hole.") and I do it to amuse myself, and to laugh at the challenges of life. It serves no good to anyone to be more offended than the one you claim the content is offensive to (I pretty much refuse to say something is offensive to someone else because Im not that someine else and its easy to be embarrassed should they not find it offensive).

Diamond

You need to quit taking things personally. There's too much junk to ever follow out such a perogative, and it wastes too much time and enegery from life. And if you are going to confront someone, saying "I'd tell you off but I dont want my wrist slapped" is being a pushover, not assertive.
sorry that's who I am I'm a very caring and personable person , but it's not a waste of my time or energy to express how I'm feeling ,just like you are expressing how you feel about it. and yea, I agree I could have saved the last comment I made, but like I said it stuck a nerve.I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong, however I will never apologize for caring about someone's well being. Now, I have a question for you, did you comment because you really care about my needing to stop taking things so personally or were you just trying to put me in my place in your own way? I'm just asking?