• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gender changes

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've decided that I might pursue a gender change in the future despite the toll it will take on me, family and friends. There's a lot going on in my life right now so it may be best if I waited just a few months, though. Maybe lost some weight as well because I've heard certain things regarding the subject that I don't wish to discuss on the forum, currently.

One thing which puzzles me is how the new me will be. For example, right now I get a certain confidence knowing I'm a physically strong guy and that if I ever got jumped on the street and was in great trouble, they're probably not going to win, unless they have a weapon in which case I'll do the smart thing and give them whatever they want. So confidence does come in being strong, even if you don't have to display that strength. However becoming a woman, I will have to worry more. It just feels like you become slightly more... vulnerable. Sorry if I am misunderstanding such a deep subject.

One of the deciding factors in my decision was taking a deep look at myself and seeing how the subject gives me frustration currently, and how I try to channel that frustration well but sometimes that extra 1 percent seeps out.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I've decided that I might pursue a gender change in the future despite the toll it will take on me, family and friends. There's a lot going on in my life right now so it may be best if I waited just a few months, though. Maybe lost some weight as well because I've heard certain things regarding the subject that I don't wish to discuss on the forum, currently.

One thing which puzzles me is how the new me will be. For example, right now I get a certain confidence knowing I'm a physically strong guy and that if I ever got jumped on the street and was in great trouble, they're probably not going to win, unless they have a weapon in which case I'll do the smart thing and give them whatever they want. So confidence does come in being strong, even if you don't have to display that strength. However becoming a woman, I will have to worry more. It just feels like you become slightly more... vulnerable. Sorry if I am misunderstanding such a deep subject.

One of the deciding factors in my decision was taking a deep look at myself and seeing how the subject gives me frustration currently, and how I try to channel that frustration well but sometimes that extra 1 percent seeps out.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

suarez-backwards-hat.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To clarify, people need not worry about giving me professional advice, or me taking any advice given in the wrong way - I know much, much better, really. I don't even care if people make jokes in this serious thread to be honest, since it is the internet. But sometimes I wear my opinion on my sleeve and just have to make my posts to help me get it off my mind for a little while. Even if temporarily. But I know what in the long run, I must do.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Yeah, but you won't be able to wear diadoras anymore, while looking cool.
Screenshot_2019-06-16-12-19-55.png

Nimos

So have you solved or decided on this issue yet? :D

toilet-signs-77043.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I struggled with that myself many years ago. Really, it is an internalized misogyny that rationalizes excuses. But if you have any doubts, its best to admit this and deal with them rather than ignoring them. There never will be a better or more ideal time if you do (it took a medical crisis for me to get such a time, and explaining to a friend you're on female hormones because you're trans as you're in the ER after having a seizure itself isn't really a thrilling time to come out, even if you know your friend will be accepting). But you really need to do some soul searching and examining. You will still be you. Hormones and surgery won't turn a burly lumberjack man into a dainty princess. Somethings change somewhat as you shed expectations and embrace your identity, but if you liked dogs before you won't suddenly start liking cats. On hormones, my mood improved tremendously, people commented I became more playful, I cry more easily and more often, and my orgasms went from being nothing special and not bringing any real joy or pleasure to feeling awesome, almost abit high, and really wanting to snuggle. Other than that I'm still the same me. Moving to another state had a far more profound impact on shaping me than hormones. Im not an exact copy, no, but Im still goth, still a metal head, still have mental health struggles, and the same likes and discomforts.
I wish you well.

Diamond

So have you solved or decided on this issue yet? :D

toilet-signs-77043.jpg
oh my goodness, there are really some cold hearted and non caring people on this forum if I wasn't scared of getting a warning in my inbox, I would really give yall a piece of my mind.:mad:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I struggled with that myself many years ago. Really, it is an internalized misogyny that rationalizes excuses. But if you have any doubts, its best to admit this and deal with them rather than ignoring them. There never will be a better or more ideal time if you do (it took a medical crisis for me to get such a time, and explaining to a friend you're on female hormones because you're trans as you're in the ER after having a seizure itself isn't really a thrilling time to come out, even if you know your friend will be accepting). But you really need to do some soul searching and examining. You will still be you. Hormones and surgery won't turn a burly lumberjack man into a dainty princess. Somethings change somewhat as you shed expectations and embrace your identity, but if you liked dogs before you won't suddenly start liking cats. On hormones, my mood improved tremendously, people commented I became more playful, I cry more easily and more often, and my orgasms went from being nothing special and not bringing any real joy or pleasure to feeling awesome, almost abit high, and really wanting to snuggle. Other than that I'm still the same me. Moving to another state had a far more profound impact on shaping me than hormones. Im not an exact copy, no, but Im still goth, still a metal head, still have mental health struggles, and the same likes and discomforts.
I wish you well.

I know I could never pull it off. I'm 6'2", with a slightly muscular build. It wouldn't work.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
oh my goodness, there are really some cold hearted and non caring people on this forum if I wasn't scared of getting a warning in my inbox, I would really give yall a piece of my mind.:mad:

I'm fine with it myself. I just hope it doesn't affect you personally.