• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

74x12

The generation letters are annoying. I'm generation X by one year so they say on some sites and Y on others. I stopped listening at generation Y. I don't like the term millennials as it's used in a discriminatory way: oh Those millennials, they always playing that load music.
I suspect it's just a way of socially engineering people. They want to bring each "generation" a little bit further along in the programming. As far as I can see they want something with elements of Brave New World and a lot of George Orwell's 1984. But they also want something even worse perhaps than what thinkers have imagined.

Gargovic Malkav

Nah, I think we start on the numerals next. Since that seems more sensible. :oops:

I think @RayofLight may be right.
They may just switch to the Greek alphabet just like they do in physics.

Until some creative Gen Z'er or Millennial points out it's racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic somehow.
If someone like that gets their way, we might start using something like the Cherokee Syllabary, to show how sorry "we" are and how "we" se everyone as an equal.
Or some artificial script invented by an AI in an attempt to make sure it's culturally neutral.

And those who oppose "us"... Well, they still are equals but they will be stripped of their rights and dignity and need to be censored or seen as ignorant or confused because they are are a threat to global peace and prosperity.

I wonder how long it takes until this mentality is seen as outdated and barbaric...

amorphous_constellation

Showing up is always a bonus.

That said, I find promptness, ambition, appearance, and pride lacking in this generation as well.

In my experience, these folks like to squeak by doing the bare minimum required to keep the job rather than showing initiative to move upward in the hierarchy (though they seem to think they're somehow entitled to raises and promotions while not doing what it actually takes to get them).

Well yeah, those are great qualities and aspirations, but I just think that there is some kind of a 'social math' system that would maximize all of that, so you wouldn't need to observe those things not concurring. And for those mathematical answers, I think maybe there are social psychologists who get close to figuring that out ? I am over my head

I mean I think that maybe, people can do really well if they have a good societal game to play. Though of course, I think one problem with that, is that we all are wondering what exactly the goal of western society actually is

Before our eyes, our biggest cities seem into be turning to massive homeless camps? The internet seems to have produced so much information, it's dividing truth? AI looms over traditional jobs?

So first of all, I don't even really know what we doing. Do you?

I mean, who has more of an existential traffic jam, the 'western man,' or the uncontacted nomadic tribe. I'd say, we don't know what we are doing, and the latter group probably knows exactly what it's doing, and doesn't have to ask any of these questions.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Since when do we do anything sensible?

Until some creative Gen Z'er or Millennial points out it's racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic somehow.
If someone like that gets their way, we might start using something like the Cherokee Syllabary, to show how sorry "we" are and how "we" se everyone as an equal.
Or some artificial script invented by an AI in an attempt to make sure it's culturally neutral.

And those who oppose "us"... Well, they still are equals but they will be stripped of their rights and dignity and need to be censored or seen as ignorant or confused because they are are a threat to global peace and prosperity.

I wonder how long it takes until this mentality is seen as outdated and barbaric...
Well, there are a lot more numerals from what I learnt at school, unless some don't expect us to live that long as a species. :D

But I think the Greek alphabet is likely. :oops:

Who started this nonsense anyway - as to naming them? :mad:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Well, there are a lot more numerals from what I learnt at school, unless some don't expect us to live that long as a species. :D

Look it up. Generation Alpha is indeed the correct name.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
What are your thoughts about Generation Z?
I am very interested in hearing from other Gens and patents of a Gen Zer.

- Gen X rules!
I think generations are primarily a marketing tool for consumer goods, and a relatively poor one at that.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Showing up is always a bonus.

That said, I find promptness, ambition, appearance, and pride lacking in this generation as well.
To paraphrase Plato, the current generation is uncouth, does not respect their elders, and has developed strange ideas due to all the new media technology they consume.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Umm Generation X?
Before them it was the Baby Boomers. Before them the Greatest Generation and before them the Silent Generation.
Not sure what the X stood for though

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Umm Generation X?
Before them it was the Baby Boomers. Before them the Greatest Generation and before them the Silent Generation.
Not sure what the X stood for though
Xtra strong likely, as per the beers. :D Me, I claim Silent Generation immunity from the Boomers - being alive whilst WWII was still on but born after it ended. :oops: