• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Geeky hobbies!!!!!!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What are some of your "geeky" hobbies?

I used to half heartedly collect those Pop Vinyl figures when I was like 18. Then lost interest and instead lived vicariously through the hardcore collectors on YT lol. Then of course had to get a few of the 80th anniversary Batman products because Batman lol
I have a few random geeky figurines around from various things. DC bombshells, some mini figures here and there and some keyring things.
I also like to collect shiny pretty editions of books.
In Australia we only really have Zing (owned by EB Games) that sells geek merch. Target and KMart. Occasionally a news agents will sell something.
Nothing like I see from my Canadian and US counterparts. You guys have like 20 stores with their own unique exclusives and stuff.

What are some hobbies that you enjoy?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Geeky hobbies? For starters I like video games, but I'm finding I don't have the patience or heart for them anymore, as much as I used to... (I'm 30)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Geeky hobbies? For starters I like video games, but I'm finding I don't have the patience or heart for them anymore, as much as I used to... (I'm 30)
Oh, nice. I'm a core gamer. What are some games you enjoy?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was raised up in the Atari Generation. Video games are still my passion.

Of course in the age of microtransactions , broken games, and stripped-down content , it has put a significant damper on my ambitions with this hobby as well.

I do particularly enjoy those games with the nice intellectual challenge, such as Grand strategy and chess, and vr is quite fun as well as numerous survival loot and crafting games where along with the base story , your own interesting story is made from the experiences.

I guess it all depends upon where you look and what the developers do with it. I think the biggest wind out of my sails for gaming is the manipulative algorithms like pay to win that have been Incorporated by greedy and out of touch publishers and developers promoting, 'games as a service models' that pretty much destroys and discourages the whole point of playing games in the first place.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was raised up in the Atari Generation. Video games are still my passion.

Of course in the age of microtransactions , broken games, and stripped-down content , it has put a significant damper on my ambitions with this hobby as well.

I do particularly enjoy those games with the nice intellectual challenge, such as Grand strategy and chess, and vr is quite fun as well as numerous survival loot and crafting games where along with the base story , your own interesting story is made from the experiences.

I guess it all depends upon where you look and what the developers do with it. I think the biggest wind out of my sails for gaming is the manipulative algorithms like pay to win that have been Incorporated by greedy and out of touch publishers and developers promoting, 'games as a service models' that pretty much destroys and discourages the whole point of playing games in the first place.

I also find it less complicated to play a game in 2 dimensions than 3. But that's just me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I like roman artifacts, a small chink of mortar from an amphitheater, a drinking glass, a couple of coins, a pottery oil lamp with the makers thumbprint on the handle.

I also enjoy track days, not so much now i am in france but whenwi lived inithe UK, every other weekend i would put my car and skill to the test.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Games- all types video, board, card, whatever.

Transformers - still love em. Can't afford to buy thousands of em. But I did buy a sweet MasterPiece Soundwave with all his cassette minions because I wanted one as a child but parents could never afford it.

Diaromas- all kinds, but I do tend to lean towards the WW 1 and WW 2 themed ones. Haven't made any myself yet, but I love watching them being made on YouTube. I might get into this hobby soon.

Hotwheels/Matchbox/Toy Car restoration. Yes it's a thing, and its geeky as heck. I don't own any, or do restorations, but I love watching it on YouTube.

Action figures in general. I don't have a lot but I collect the ones I like the most. I have a SS Goku, a 12" tall Sephiroth (with sword and detachable wing), and I plan on getting a bankai'd out Ichigo soon as I find one I like at a decent price.

Love cosplay as well. Though just watching others do it. Especially the ones that make their costumes by hand, respect.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't read comic books, I live them. My geek side is primarily revealed by my posting here.
I remember all the years spent as a teen reading comic books. Archie , Richie Rich, Scrooge McDuck, Casper, DC and Marvel , Groo.....

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Hotwheels/Matchbox/Toy Car restoration. Yes it's a thing, and its geeky as heck. I don't own any, or do restorations, but I love watching it on YouTube.
Oof, now there's a niche hobby, if ever there was one.
49f47b55422764d9fd351b9300cedd26.jpg

Obsydian

Well-Used Member

I used to half heartedly collect those Pop Vinyl figures when I was like 18. Then lost interest and instead lived vicariously through the hardcore collectors on YT lol. Then of course had to get a few of the 80th anniversary Batman products because Batman lol
I have a few random geeky figurines around from various things. DC bombshells, some mini figures here and there and some keyring things.
I also like to collect shiny pretty editions of books.
In Australia we only really have Zing (owned by EB Games) that sells geek merch. Target and KMart. Occasionally a news agents will sell something.
Nothing like I see from my Canadian and US counterparts. You guys have like 20 stores with their own unique exclusives and stuff.

What are some hobbies that you enjoy?
Collecting action figures.

I live in Oz, but I'm originally from America and I can vouch for that. There's only one place locally that I can have any hope of finding what I want when it comes to action figures other than those Pop Vinyl ones that I have no interest in. Another source of finding figures I want was multiple comic/fantasy/sci-fi cons I used to attend yearly in America. I really haven't looked into it, but the closest one I could find is located in Melbourne. :/

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Collecting action figures.

I live in Oz, but I'm originally from America and I can vouch for that. There's only one place locally that I can have any hope of finding what I want when it comes to action figures other than those Pop Vinyl ones that I have no interest in. Another source of finding figures I want was multiple comic/fantasy/sci-fi cons I used to attend yearly in America. I really haven't looked into it, but the closest one I could find is located in Melbourne. :/
The struggle is real!

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of geeky things guys, can any of my US brethren tell me why your Company, Culture Fly won't ship their retro Nickelodeon boxes outside the US?????!!!!
I grew up with old Nick too! And I can get their DC box just fine. I mean, it's pricey so I order one and then quickly unsub for a while lol. But still! It's not fair!!
*throws nerd tantrum*
:(:(

Erebus

Diaromas- all kinds, but I do tend to lean towards the WW 1 and WW 2 themed ones. Haven't made any myself yet, but I love watching them being made on YouTube. I might get into this hobby soon.

Been a wargamer for some time and a lot of my units end up as dioramas of a sort. One thing I'd love to try but haven't quite worked up the courage is using pourable resin to create underwater effects. There are some truly jaw dropping examples of what can be done with it!

This one was shared on a couple of the miniature painting groups I follow (it isn't my own work) and is perhaps my favourite example of the possible effects you can get.

DiyRICjWkAE3H-T.jpg:large

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Been a wargamer for some time and a lot of my units end up as dioramas of a sort. One thing I'd love to try but haven't quite worked up the courage is using pourable resin to create underwater effects. There are some truly jaw dropping examples of what can be done with it!

This one was shared on a couple of the miniature painting groups I follow (it isn't my own work) and is perhaps my favourite example of the possible effects you can get.

DiyRICjWkAE3H-T.jpg:large

Yes that's the kind of diaoramas I wanna make! I watched a good video the other day recreating a Naval battle. It has 2 war ships fighters above water and a submarine underneath (water was resin). It was cool as heck!