• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G'day from Peacewise

Peacewise

Hello friends.

Totally new to these forums, have made my way to here after having many long discussions in a pc gaming forum, "pcpowerplay" - a link I will provide fyi after I have done my required 15 posts.

It kinda got too difficult putting up with so many fallacious and baited arguments, and plain outright insults - poorly disguised as "attempts" to gain understanding about Christianity... I am literally praying that this happens much less, if not at all in these forums.

Well anyways, I'm here to learn and develop understanding, I'm quite eclectic in my beliefs and always remain respectful of others.

I'm an Australian, a sports coach, am working my way through the bible but not in order, having read proverbs first and loved that book. Glorious stuff.
I am currently also reading "Stages of Meditation, Training the mind for Wisdom" by The Dalai Lama.

As spiritual or religious websites go I have found the following two useful.

Hope your day/night is good.

Please do drop in and say hello, or indeed anything else ya wanna say!
Life is a :beach:

Last edited by a moderator:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Welcome to RF! I do have to say that your nickname reminds me of Pennywise the evil clown.
it_new_movie_stephen_king_novel.jpg

Peacewise

I discovered the name "Peacewise" in the science fiction novels of David Zindell. A character named Danlo was given the title Peacewise by a people who benefited from his use of Ahimsa. Kinda struck me as a beautiful name, unlike that creepy pic you've put up, the character peacewise is an opposite of pennywise, but I see why you would see a similarity.
Thanks for the welcome.
"IT" was an excellent horror novel, quite scary for the teenage boy I was all those years ago.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I am glad to see that you referred to the novel rather than the movie. Stephen King's books are so addictive. My favorite was Desperation, although The Dark Tower series was great and very emotional for me. I would like to see a Dark Tower movie one of these days.

Peacewise

Hi England my lionheart. Do you have a long signature because you are staff? i would dearly love to finish the bible quote of my signature but it is a touch longer than 50 characters.
Thanks for the welcome.

I never got around to the Dark Tower novels. Sort of old school King I was. nighshift, christine, carrie, tommyknockers, it, salem's lot, the stand, also his Bachman stuff, really loved the novel Running man, and the long walk.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Do you have a long signature because you are staff? i would dearly love to finish the bible quote of my signature but it is a touch longer than 50 characters.
I am not sure when it takes effect, but after you are here posting a while you will be allowed a longer signature.

Peacewise

Thank you *Anne*, I too enjoyed the Stand, though it did take several goes to get into it.

Welcome to the thread Odion, have a cool day.

You staffers are quick to say hello - I appreciate that.

Peacewise

Well g'day people. Another nearly restful nights sleep. That avatar pic of mine is of Buffy, a proud member of our family, well the little *****, as in female dog, kept me up far too long because she wouldn't settle.

Sigh, raising the young one's, pets or kids, could well be the most challenging activity of anyone's life. How to be kind and fair, when sleep deprived and grumpy!

Peacewise

Hello dust1n, thanks for your welcome. That is an interesting avatar pic you have.

G'day John D, Christian mysticism is your religion, would you care to provide a brief description of what that means to you please?... fyi, Oscar Wilde quote is hilarious.

Peacewise

Well g'day people, just recently cracked a million frubals, so I must be doing something right on this forum! :clap

Cheers for the kind welcome everyone, this is an excellent forum with numerous kind and respectful and intelligent people. :bow:

thank you to the atheists and other non-believers who have the gumption to resist descending into sledging of faith/belief and the faithful/believer in the various threads I've participated in, your attitude is testimony to the quality of this forum. :foryou:

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Sorry I missed your intro, and welcome to the forum!

Stephen King freakin rocks.

My favorite book of his was one of his older less popular ones I think, called Rose Madder.

Welcome!!

:hugehug:

Peacewise

G'day Saint Tigeress. Thanks for the welcome, I do so love tigers they are one of my favourite animals.

Yeh Stephen King rocks, Rose Madder hey, I've not read that one. What do you think of Clive Barker or Dean R Koontz?