• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza militants target Israel with party balloons bearing bombs

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Pallywood is a propaganda machine.
I raised a child for a lot longer than that. Do the years change the numbers? And the fact that countries are in the UN is sort of irrelevant.

Propaganda machine, like Hasbara but without the funding?

The years mean friends talk. You experience raising children should tell you that.

Countries that vote on resolutions.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Uh, no. We should not be coming upon them. They can just well say 'I don't like the way the U.K. is run, I think they should have Sharia.' And that is exactly what you're saying, only the other way around. I don't like the way some cultures are, but it's not up to me.

Except we both know that going back to the Middle Ages is an objectively bad, bad, bad idea... But they don't 'get' that.

They think Sharia, a middle aged cultural concept, is good for everyone. So that's why we can't take them seriously -because they're objectively wrong. And objectively wrong people need to be set aside so the objectively right people can move on.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Except we both know that going back to the Middle Ages is an objectively bad, bad, bad idea... But they don't 'get' that.

They think Sharia, a middle aged cultural concept, is good for everyone. So that's why we can't take them seriously -because they're objectively wrong. And objectively wrong people need to be set aside so the objectively right people can move on.
There's no such thing as an objectively wrong way to live. There's no objectively wrong moral or legal system. There are only different cultures with different values. Each society is entitled to live how it sees fit, whether you appreciate it or not.

ChristineM

Premium Member

It is not your place to decide how another country is governed. Who made you arbiter of the running of countries?

Cooky

Veteran Member
There's no such thing as an objectively wrong way to live. There's no objectively wrong moral or legal system. There are only different cultures with different values. Each society is entitled to live how it sees fit, whether you appreciate it or not.

Many people, including myself, disagree. There are indeed superior and inferior cultures and ways of life. I don't see how any person can deny this.

...It's only the stubborn, hard headed who reject it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Many people, including myself, disagree. There are indeed superior and inferior cultures and ways of life. Any person who believes in God would understand this.
I do believe in G-d. And I also believe that each culture can live according to its values. And lest you forget, those who follow Sharia also believe in G-d. And it is for G-d to decide which cultures can be and which can't, not you.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I do believe in G-d. And I also believe that each culture can live according to its values. And lest you forget, those who follow Sharia also believe in G-d. And it is for G-d to decide which cultures can be and which can't, not you.

Yeah, I saw that logical mistake and edited. Sorry, that's true what you say. But still, stubborn is stubborn does, when there are better, more peaceful, healthy, happy and inclusive ways.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah...no funding. Someone just donates all the cameras...

Yes, and you just answered a question you asked on another thread. Thanks for that.

Ain't cameras great, they get to the truth in less than 1000 words

Did i? Wow,

Cooky

Veteran Member
Unless someone thinks there's a good reason they're slowing us down. :shrug:

Are we moving too fast?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ain't cameras great, they get to the truth in less than 1000 words
Oh no, it's just the opposite.
Cameras make it possible to believe that what you saw on the internet is true, because you saw it. Even when it was a total lie, of the most pernicious sort.
The partial truth.

I'm no Palestinian supporter, nor am I anything like a Zionist. I think there's plenty of blame to spread around.

But what I see as the reason for the permanent war is things like you and @Landon Caeli post on RF.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
Cameras make it possible to believe that what you saw on the internet is true, because you saw it. Even when it was a total lie, of the most pernicious sort.
The partial truth.

I'm no Palestinian supporter, nor am I anything like a Zionist. I think there's plenty of blame to spread around.

But what I see as the reason for the permanent war is things like you and @Landon Caeli post on RF.
Tom

giphy-11.gif

Cooky

Veteran Member
...What annoys me is how GIF's repeat over and over. It would be better if there was 3 or 4 second pause before repeating.

Kind of makes me dizzy if I stare at it too long. :frowning:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I'm not sure what you meant by that.

I took it as a sarcastic remark, reminiscent of your opinions about politics. No information, no support for your assertions. Just useless sarcasm.
Tom

Well it sure wasn't a compliment for all my hard work here. Spilling my heart out for everyone to see?

I guess the right thing to do is take the middle ground in your opinion? But what good is that? I don't know what you think?!?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Do you let your children call the shots? We can't let people stuck in time halt our evolution. That's silly.

...If they're in the way, they have to move.

My kids can have their say, if their say has merit...

You are in their way. So you know what to do.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The partial truth.

Tom

Have you actually read all my posts from the beginning of this thread?

My view is there is fault on both sides. I was simply countering @Landon Caeli in his one sided argument and deliberate ignorance where it comes to the other side.

Re cameras, i was being flippant. There are is far more indipendent evidence and reports by world respected organisations