• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Christian

King Phenomenon

Wrong!!! The bible says nothing at all about female homosexuality or the behaviour of female homosexuals.

And Jesus said nothing about homosexuality or the behaviour of homosexuals either, nor why he loved a particular disciple instead of a wife.

But Jesus condemned ALL remarried divorcees to hell unless they remain celibate and repent their adulterous marriages (Matt 5:27-30 Mark 10:11-12 Leviticus 20:10 Exodus 20).
The Bible doesn't address women Theives either

King Phenomenon

For sure, particularly the Adventists and JW's.
But last days in the bible are rigorously defined - there must fall be a "falling away"
and the collapse of the churches. ie Revelations, "no more the candle... no more
the voice of the bride and groom... a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."
And Paul spoke of man sitting on the throne of God as if he is God himself.
And the Jews must return home to Israel, and take back Jerusalem. And there will
be a terrible war there - worse than the ones so far seen in Israel.

So yeah, it's coming... sometime.
I don't pay much attention to doomsday scenarios

PruePhillip

I don't pay much attention to doomsday scenarios

Well, you are living in the midst of an "end event" which began about 1897 with the first Zionist
Conference. Back then most Jews and academics mocked the idea that the Jews, scattered all
over the world and now largely nationalized in their host nations, would consider uprooting and
returning to Israel. It's like some people calling them "Babylonians" who take back Babylon, inside
Iraq, with force, then resurrect their ancient language and religion, and become a Babylonian
empire again.
That's real "doomsday" stuff because Jesus said the Jews will return to Jerusalem when the
Gentiles time is finished.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not really sure what you're saying by what somebody does. I think they're born that way as I have already stated. And I think it's a behavior. And I think some are excepting and live freely and others are repressed

I was just focused on behavior and the differences between behavior and being gay. I never bought up the choice thing. I was saying that your OP would more I gentle (lbw) if the focus was on behavior and the Christian bible. If someone was sined are they still following the Bible will ignoring other parts. If adding homosexuality, it's less argumentative to say same sex sex without reference to gay people. When you separate the two the question doesn't sound descriminative and the context of your question would be more pronounced. If the terms and context were correct, it would be easier to talk about without debate.

.....just realizing it's in the debate forum. I guess you wanted to debate about the OP?

Edited.

Mitty

Every person-male, female, gay, straight-who have same sex sex are committing sins. That's the christian religion. Everything else is just flapping wings at each other.
Nonsense!!! Have you ever actually read the bible, given that there is nothing whatsoever in the bible about same-sex sex of females? You are just making that up.

King Phenomenon

I was just focused on behavior and the differences between behavior and being gay. I never bought up the choice thing. I was saying that your OP would more I gentle (lbw) if the focus was on behavior and the Christian bible. If someone was sined are they still following the Bible will ignoring other parts. If adding homosexuality, it's less argumentative to say same sex sex without reference to gay people. When you separate the two the question doesn't sound descriminative and the context of your question would be more pronounced. If the terms and context were correct, it would be easier to talk about without debate.

.....just realizing it's in the debate forum. I guess you wanted to debate about the OP?

Edited.
Yeah I put it in the debates because I thought people may have a different opinion's. I didn't realize homosexuality was a bad word

Mitty

Why are you stuck on same-sex behavior in females?

It is for all people-gay, straight, male, female, doesn't matter. There is no bias in sexual promiscuity. The bible condemns all people who commit it.
In other words you've never actually read the bible, given that there is nothing at all about same-sex behaviour in females in the bible apart from same-sex relationship between Ruth and Naomi. You are just making that up.

Mitty

the Bible doesn't mention female theives either
Cool, whatever female theives (sic) are.

In other words the bible says absolutely nothing at all about female homosexuals since they do not have anal sex as obviously described in Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13 and in Romans 1:26-27 for heterosexual women.

But you are free to rewrite the bible so that Romans 1:26-27 says that anal sex is the "natural use of the woman" and that female genitalia are "vile" and "unseemly", and to add verses to Leviticus 18 & 20 which says that it is disgusting for women to have penetrative sex with other women.

Last edited:

Nimos

Do gay Christians who are in relationships with the same sex just dismiss what the Bible says about it but believe in some of the other parts of the Bible and consider themselves still a Christian? I know I dismiss parts in the Bible and I'm still a Christian.
Not gay either, but I simply can't understand why gays even bother with Christianity, Islam or any other religion that doesn't really seem to accept them.

I think it's great that some people that refer to themselves as being Christians can look past what the bible say, but then again they are not really the ones on the line anyway, the judgement will be made by God and not them.

Were I gay and read something like this:

Leviticus 18:22
22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 - If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

(Funny enough they are written from the perspective of a man... and doesn't say anything about women, wonder if God forgot or those men that wrote it, did? :D)

But if I read something like this, there would only be one thing to do....

tenor.gif

King Phenomenon

Edited.
Not sure how you get that the words same-sex equals discussion and homosexuality equals debate

Mitty

Not gay either, but I simply can't understand why gays even bother with Christianity, Islam or any other religion that doesn't really seem to accept them.

I think it's great that some people that refer to themselves as being Christians can look past what the bible say, but then again they are not really the ones on the line anyway, the judgement will be made by God and not them.

Were I gay and read something like this:

Leviticus 18:22
22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 - If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

(Funny enough they are written from the perspective of a man... and doesn't say anything about women, wonder if God forgot or those men that wrote it, did? :D)

But if I read something like this, there would only be one thing to do....

tenor.gif
Obviously the biblical writers didn't say anything about same-sex relationships of women since they do not have anal sex as described in Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13 and in Romans 1:26-27 for heterosexual women, and given that they specifically dealt with other aspects of female sexuality, including bestiality and adultery.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Who decides which of the Christian rules can be bent?
And who gave these people the authority to do so?
Why do you call some commandments "bad" ?

As time goes on, we learn more and more about the world. In Bible days, they didn't have the knowledge we have now. IMO, it's smart not to keep outdated information in religious texts because some may think it's still in effect. This is why conservative religious folks get a bad rap. People wrote the Bible, people can make different versions, so people can also update it. Bad commandments go against Jesus' teachings about loving your neighbor as yourself.