• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Bomb?!

SoliDeoGloria

The sterotypical remarks in this thread are fast approaching the level where warnings may be issued. Whether intended or not those remarks that cause pain for some reading this thread are insults and will not be permitted.

I do believe that they were trying to show the absurdity of the line of thinking that would try and produce such a weapon and were not trying to lampoon either homosexuals or Iraqis. I would hope that they would be enlightened enough to know that these stereotypes are not only false, but highly offensive. However, I see how their statements could easily be seen as bigotry directed at Gays. Bigotry is always distasteful.

And yet when the media markets these steriotypes and makes millions off of them (examples= "Will & Grace", "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", "Queer as Folk", etc.)it's just good clean fun right?

And being as how I was born in San Francisco and have been a 49er fan for many years and have had to deal with "jabs" about San Francisco because of it, Yes, I know how false any steriotypes I have mentioned are.

Alright then, Now that it seems that, for the most part, the jokes might be over, let's get to what I was also trying to do with this thread in the OP:
As funny as this is to me, I can't help but wonder what the response would be to such a subject in here. Take for instance, what implications a "gay bomb" would have on the issue of homosexuality altogether. Anyways, what say you about this?

Now, One thought that I have had while contemplating this issue is, If it were actually possible to cause someone who has never had homosexual tendencies to irrestibly be attracted to the same sex by using a stong enough aphrodisiac ( I realize that this is a big "if" given the scientific evidence for this "aphrodisiac" ), would that turn homosexuality into more of an issue of sexual drive rather than sexual prefference?

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

A

angellous_evangellous

NetDoc said:
I do believe that they were trying to show the absurdity of the line of thinking that would try and produce such a weapon and were not trying to lampoon either homosexuals or Iraqis. I would hope that they would be enlightened enough to know that these stereotypes are not only false, but highly offensive. However, I see how their statements could easily be seen as bigotry directed at Gays. Bigotry is always distasteful.

True.

The only reason why the weapon is referred to as a "gay bomb" is because we assume that the enemy army is predominately one sex: men. The bomb would be a weaponized aphrodiziac only and not something that makes humans homosexual - there just would not be any women around...

SoliDeoGloria

The only reason why the weapon is referred to as a "gay bomb" is because we assume that the enemy army is predominately one sex: men.

The only reason I called it that in The OP is because that is what the media called it so if someone is upset at what it was called, their "beef" should be with the media once again.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

A

angellous_evangellous

SoliDeoGloria said:
The only reason I called it that in The OP is because that is what the media called it so if someone is upset at what it was called, their "beef" should be with the media once again.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

*Angellous falls to his knees and shakes his fist at the sky*

Planet.jpg

"God damn them all, damn them all to hell!"

Those monkies in the media have taken over the world and turned us all into apes.

SoliDeoGloria

*Angellous falls to his knees and shakes his fist at the sky*

Planet.jpg

"God damn them all, damn them all to hell!"

Those monkies in the media have taken over the world and turned us all into apes.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria