• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Bomb?!

SoliDeoGloria

I heard about this a couple of months ago on a radio program and could not help but laugh. I have wanted to start a thread about this but haven't really had the time until now to do it. I don't know if this has been discussed already here, but here we go.

As funny as this may sound, the U.S. military has actually considered looking into developing various chemical type weapons which also included a "gay bomb" which allegedly could turn enemy soldiers irresistibly, sexually attracted towards one another. The best part is if one decided to look it up: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-28,SUNA:en&q=gay+bomb , the hilarity doesn't stop there. Other considered ideas included weapons that made enemies more recognizable by their bad breath, etc.

As funny as this is to me, I can't help but wonder what the response would be to such a subject in here. Take for instance, what implications a "gay bomb" would have on the issue of homosexuality altogether. Anyways, what say you about this?

Sincerely,
SoliDeogloria

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Um...this is quite an interesting find.:jiggy: I guess the 'Gay Agenda' we've been hearing about involves a lot more than milk:p, and I can only imagine what effect "Don't ask don't tell" will have.;)

I hate to think with all the serious things going on that our government even gave these ideas a first thought. I guess since this dates back to 1994 it will take some serious spinning to blame it on George W Bush.:biglaugh:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i think someone else is dreaming about playing God.......

In one sentence of the document it was suggested that a strong aphrodisiac could be dropped on enemy troops, ideally one which would also cause "homosexual behaviour". The aphrodisiac weapon was described as "distasteful but completely non-lethal". In its "New Discoveries Needed" section, the document implicitly acknowledges that no such chemicals are actually known. It is not known whether this chemical has been developed further. The document also included many other off-beat ideas, such as spraying enemy troops with bee pheromones and then hiding numerous beehives in the combat area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

:rolleyes:

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I would much rather a war be fought with gay sex than killing, that's for sure.

Less death, more fun that way. :D

Ciscokid

I can see Iraqi soldiers now, instead of their typical battle garb, they'd be running around in thongs, elf boots and feather boas armed with rocket propelled poppers.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Ciscokid said:
I can see Iraqi soldiers now, instead of their typical battle garb, they'd be running around in thongs, elf boots and feather boas armed with rocket propelled poppers.

:biglaugh:

I needed that.

A

angellous_evangellous

SoliDeoGloria said:
I heard about this a couple of months ago on a radio program and could not help but laugh. I have wanted to start a thread about this but haven't really had the time until now to do it. I don't know if this has been discussed already here, but here we go.

As funny as this may sound, the U.S. military has actually considered looking into developing various chemical type weapons which also included a "gay bomb" which allegedly could turn enemy soldiers irresistibly, sexually attracted towards one another. The best part is if one decided to look it up: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2006-28,SUNA:en&q=gay+bomb , the hilarity doesn't stop there. Other considered ideas included weapons that made enemies more recognizable by their bad breath, etc.

As funny as this is to me, I can't help but wonder what the response would be to such a subject in here. Take for instance, what implications a "gay bomb" would have on the issue of homosexuality altogether. Anyways, what say you about this?

Sincerely,
SoliDeogloria

I heard about this. I thought that it was originally developed back in the early 1990s in the first Gulf War.

Sounds like a great idea to me... it hurts the enemy's will to fight and would save lives on both sides.

A

angellous_evangellous

Mike182 said:
i think someone else is dreaming about playing God.......

In one sentence of the document it was suggested that a strong aphrodisiac could be dropped on enemy troops, ideally one which would also cause "homosexual behaviour". The aphrodisiac weapon was described as "distasteful but completely non-lethal".:rolleyes:

One would not want to be taken as a prisoner of war by an enemy army in this case... an excellent and appropriate method of revenge could be exacted...

Ciscokid

angellous_evangellous said:
One would not want to be taken as a prisoner of war by an enemy army in this case... an excellent and appropriate method of revenge could be exacted...

Yeah I can see them dragging one of the "intoxicated" soldiers into his cell...but instead of cursing the enemy for capturing him, he's chewing them out on their bad taste in prison decor and lack of options in fruit and soda water.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ciscokid said:
Yeah I can see them dragging one of the "intoxicated" soldiers into his cell...but instead of cursing the enemy for capturing him, he's chewing them out on their bad taste in prison decor and lack of options in fruit and soda water.

I was thinking that giving soldiers a weaponized aphrodiziac would incur more violent behavior. Oh, and the captor has been affected rather than the POW. :cover:

Ciscokid

angellous_evangellous said:
I was thinking that giving soldiers a weaponized aphrodiziac would incur more violent behavior. Oh, and the captor has been affected rather than the POW. :cover:

D'oh, I misread your post. Yeah I don't want to be the prisoner of an "infected" soldier.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ciscokid said:
D'oh, I misread your post. Yeah I don't want to be the prisoner of an "infected" soldier.

Yep - I'm thinking that they wouldn't care at all about dainty things. :eek:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where soldiers deploy the funniest joke to make the enemies die with laughter.

SoliDeoGloria

In one sentence of the document it was suggested that a strong aphrodisiac could be dropped on enemy troops, ideally one which would also cause "homosexual behaviour". The aphrodisiac weapon was described as "distasteful but completely non-lethal". In its "New Discoveries Needed" section, the document implicitly acknowledges that no such chemicals are actually known.

Maybe we should send the idea to the show "Myth Busters" and they can test it out to see if the premise of this idea is even plausable. They do film that show in San Francisco, you know.

I'm wondering, if the enemy had a bunch of female soldiers, would filling the warhead of these bombs with a bunch of chocolate bars have the same effect?

I sure wish Mad TV or SNL would do a skit about this (prefferrably Mad TV becasue they have been funnier lately) because the mental pictures I keep getting about this are funny in my opinion anyways. BTW, great responses so far.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ok..........so we make them gay........they make a clone gay bomb..........make American soldiers gay..........and out of rage both sides start shooting again after the laughing stops. Might as well drop THC smoke bombs over them, that way they're happy and laughing, and then were happy and laughing when they clone it, and then we wonder why we were fighting in the first place.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Shadow Wolf said:
Ok..........so we make them gay........they make a clone gay bomb..........make American soldiers gay.........

We'd never know about it though.... DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL!

A "gaybomb", wow.... what will they think of next?

Pah

Uber all member
The sterotypical remarks in this thread are fast approaching the level where warnings may be issued. Whether intended or not those remarks that cause pain for some reading this thread are insults and will not be permitted.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Ciscokid said:

Right... because ALL us gay people run around in only thongs, elf boots and feather boas. :sarcastic

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I do believe that they were trying to show the absurdity of the line of thinking that would try and produce such a weapon and were not trying to lampoon either homosexuals or Iraqis. I would hope that they would be enlightened enough to know that these stereotypes are not only false, but highly offensive. However, I see how their statements could easily be seen as bigotry directed at Gays. Bigotry is always distasteful.