• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Bashing

as a homosexual, did you suffer from homophobic remarks made by Christians?

• Total voters

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
Do you not also realize that it is not just Christians that may take issue with people shacking up outside of marriage?
I don't care.
You claimed that my comments about people shacking up was a "detriment" to minorities.
to the detriment of others, I said. But this happens in an environment in which Christians are prone to spread rumors about minorities in reference to the same topic.
So rumor spreading as such becomes more and more natural for Christians, I'm afraid.
why do you keep on spreading rumors about Christians?[...]
here you are - speaking one-on-one with a Christian - stating all these "rumors" to the detriment of all Christians?
no, I don't. I could back every statement of mine up by actual quotes from other message boards. These aren't rumors.
I don't resort to hypocrecy. I'm not hurting my own position or my "moral ground" as you say.
There is no reason for yuo to criticise my morality, I think.
I didn't commit a faux pas, as you claimed I would.
Sweeping generalizations, you say? I just point out that rumor spreading is a sad reality in the Christian community:

Perhaps you have no idea of how professing Christians spread rumors to the detriment of the LGBT+ community:
Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?
It's an entire thread and, on the first page, not one Christians dares to cast doubt on the many rumors spread by the thread opener, such as "they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people."
The OP didn't even try to back anything up by facts. He rather resorted to mere declaration to the detriment of others.
Please note, this is one of the major Christian forums. From my experience, it isn't much better elsewhere. That's the sad reality as I see it, I hope that God will help.

Worthy is not a bad forum, though, when it comes to Christian doctrine, they are really strong - like a light in the middle of darkness.

You - on the other hand - have claimed that I am personally "doing a disservice to the Christian community" and that I am "impolite" and "ruthless". These are personal statements about me and my integrity - which I found to be inappropriate.[...]
you made personal claims about me
No, I didn't say that you are impolite and ruthless. I didn't make any claims about you as a person. I said the action of rumor spreading about others, refusing to back your claims up by decent sources when asked.... is impolite and ruthless. So I referred to an action of yours.
This is just what Christians keep doing all the time on many occasions, see above.

Last edited:

Zaha Torte

I don't care.
to the detriment of others, I said. But this happens in an environment in which Christians are prone to spread rumors about minorities in reference to the same topic.
So rumor spreading as such becomes more and more natural for Christians, I'm afraid.

no, I don't. I could back every statement of mine up by actual quotes from other message boards. These aren't rumors.
I don't resort to hypocrecy. I'm not hurting my own position or my "moral ground" as you say.
There is no reason for yuo to criticise my morality, I think.
I didn't commit a faux pas, as you claimed I would.
Sweeping generalizations, you say? I just point out that rumor spreading is a sad reality in the Christian community:

Perhaps you have no idea of how professing Christians spread rumors to the detriment of the LGBT+ community:
Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?
It's an entire thread and, on the first page, not one Christians dares to cast doubt on the many rumors spread by the thread opener, such as "they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people."
The OP didn't even try to back anything up by facts. He rather resorted to mere declaration to the detriment of others.
Please note, this is one of the major Christian forums. From my experience, it isn't much better elsewhere. That's the sad reality as I see it, I hope that God will help.

Worthy is not a bad forum, though, when it comes to Christian doctrine, they are really strong - like a light in the middle of darkness.

No, I didn't say that you are impolite and ruthless. I didn't make any claims about you as a person. I said the action of rumor spreading about others, refusing to back your claims up by decent sources when asked.... is impolite and ruthless. So I referred to an action of yours.
This is just what Christians keep doing all the time on many occasions, see above.
Your hypocrisy is clear.

So - according to you - if I were to supply a single anecdotal example of a relationship being hurt by shacking up together - my claims would be verified?

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
Your hypocrisy is clear.

So - according to you - if I were to supply a single anecdotal example of a relationship being hurt by shacking up together - my claims would be verified?
no, my hypocracy wasn't clear. I don't have any here.

Worthy is a message board composed of tens of thousands of devote Christian believers. Apparently, none of them challenged the OP on page one of cited thread. Instead, there was a discussion about what the OP had to say apart from the rumor spreading. So they even had a debate about the post all the while leaving the rumor spreading untouched.

Yes please, do the same for your claim now: go ahead and provide a source indicating that tens of thousands people get hurt by shacking up together.... BTW it is exactly this kind of evidence that @Saint Frankenstein asked for.

BTW I provided an example of a big Christian message board where gay bashing, rumor spreading to their detriment, does occur.
Now, can you cite an example of a big Christian message board where it does NOT occur? I doubt it, but please prove me wrong if you can.