• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay Bashing

as a homosexual, did you suffer from homophobic remarks made by Christians?

• Total voters

nPeace

Veteran Member
I can't find the connection between hypothesis and my quote. I thought this was common sense facts about human biology and nature of attraction. I'm just using this fact so you can make sense of my points not to discuss the validity of the facts themselves (unless you're a doctor or study these sciences?)
I think common sense tells us we learn to adjust our view of things with increased knowledge, which we are always doing.
For example, some men are attracted to plump women, but over time, they may marry a slim woman, because they were not focused on physical attraction alone.
Some persons are not too attracted to vegetables, but over time they love them, because they learned of the benefits, and developed a love for them.
Nothing hard to understand about that.

Skywalker

Many christians it isn't just marriage, it's the act itself. When they quote the bible, they're not quoting marital sins in relation to sexual behavior but behaviors related to rape, abuse, murder, etc.

The comparison isn't because one isn't married it's the action is seen as deprived and lust that cannot lead to marriage.

If it were just because they can't get married, people would feel a bit better. But no. It's the action not the marriage.
If the action cannot lead to marriage then it being sex not between a husband and wife, makes it a sin.

Skywalker

Many christians it isn't just marriage, it's the act itself. When they quote the bible, they're not quoting marital sins in relation to sexual behavior but behaviors related to rape, abuse, murder, etc.

The comparison isn't because one isn't married it's the action is seen as deprived and lust that cannot lead to marriage.

If it were just because they can't get married, people would feel a bit better. But no. It's the action not the marriage.

God is not against the gay people God is against the sin. A straight person has sin.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the action cannot lead to marriage then it being sex not between a husband and wife, makes it a sin.

So the sexual behavior wouldn't be a sin if the intimacy lead to marriage and christians agreed marriage isn't defined by the sex of the people involved?

All christians I've met throughout the years, maybe culturally as well as generation wise, say same-sex is a sin not because of marriage and leading to marriage but specific to the two partners' genitals. If two men and two women can procreate, it may be a bit better but since they cannot and god told them they need to multiple (and god made adam and even not adam and steve), it's the nature of the act that's a sin not the intention and goal from it.

If it were just marriage or leading up to marriage, the bible wouldn't compare it to rape, murder, and abuse. It would be nice what you say is true-to each person has their unique beliefs-but christianity as a whole, no. I don't know of any denomination I've been through that uses marriage specifically to say same-sex sex is a sin. It's always the act itself not the intent.

Another way to put it is they believe that the intent of same-sex sex is always lust so it can't lead to marriage even if that were their justification for it.

Skywalker

I wish this was the case. I really do. You can't accept christian gay people but deny them of the same privilege's as their straight christian peers. There is a clause.
Is the existence of living together before marriage why people say straight and not husband and wife?

Skywalker

So the sexual behavior wouldn't be a sin if the intimacy lead to marriage and christians agreed marriage isn't defined by the sex of the people involved?

All christians I've met throughout the years, maybe culturally as well as generation wise, say same-sex is a sin not because of marriage and leading to marriage but specific to the two partners' genitals. If two men and two women can procreate, it may be a bit better but since they cannot and god told them they need to multiple (and god made adam and even not adam and steve), it's the nature of the act that's a sin not the intention and goal from it.

If it were just marriage or leading up to marriage, the bible wouldn't compare it to rape, murder, and abuse. It would be nice what you say is true-to each person has their unique beliefs-but christianity as a whole, no. I don't know of any denomination I've been through that uses marriage specifically to say same-sex sex is a sin. It's always the act itself not the intent.

Another way to put it is they believe that the intent of same-sex sex is always lust so it can't lead to marriage even if that were their justification for it.

The sexual behavior after marriage wouldn't be a sin but before the marriage sexual behavior and living together and travelling together and texting for hours and sleeping or being in the same room would be totally inappropriate.