• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaudiya Vaishnavism queries and discussion thread.

निताइ dasa

Nitai's servant's servant
ok swamy, finally what we want, a better state, moksham after death of physical body, let us all chant the divine names of sri Hari to bring happiness to him for giving us the opportinity to sing his holy names..........Whatever that helps in that direction is ALL good............let us respect all and worship our own and serve all beings as service to god...#Respect

Hare Krushna

This is what I wanted from the beginning prabhuji. I never wanted to fight with you, but I had to defend when you starting saying such hurtful things against our Guru Param-para, who to us are worshipable. Let us respect each other's way of worship, as what our acharayas have taught. Ultimately we are all Vaishnavs, and let us see the unity in variety. Asking your forgiveness for any offenses I may have made. May Lord Nitai Gaur bless you :)

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
This is what I wanted from the beginning prabhuji. I never wanted to fight with you, but I had to defend when you starting saying such hurtful things against our Guru Param-para, who to us are worshipable. Let us respect each other's way of worship, as what our acharayas have taught. Ultimately we are all Vaishnavs, and let us see the unity in variety. Asking your forgiveness for any offenses I may have made. May Lord Nitai Gaur bless you :)
thank you ....Jaya Shree Krushna....I respect you and forgive my offenses too and let us all glorify the hari nAma and post us more about your philosophy as many would like to know I guess, we should go beyond philosophical debates and accept the differences to spiritually progress I think ;).. I like the way how gaudiya sAmpradayam tries to enjoy Shree Krushna leelas everytime,. you are blessed in a way to have such a strong faith in your acharya and as you rightly pointed out a true vaishnava is someone who does seva to vaishnava bhaktas, the bhakti should come down to worship a bhakta, like Shatrugna in ramayana did to Bharatha, Bharata only thought and did seva to rAma all the time, but shatrugna did seva to Bharatha and it is considered higher form of bhakti than Lakshmana did to Sri Rama as shatrugna did seva to a bhAgawathas........

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

thank you ....Jaya Shree Krushna....I respect you and forgive my offenses too and let us all glorify the hari nAma and post us more about your philosophy as many would like to know I guess, we should go beyond philosophical debates and accept the differences to spiritually progress I think ;)

Yes let us glorify Hari-Nama, by which we can cross the ocean of material existence. That is ultimately the last message (and verse) of the Bhagavatam.

nāma-saṅkīrtanaṁ yasya
 sarva-pāpa praṇāśanam
praṇāmo duḥkha-śamanas
 taṁ namāmi hariṁ param

I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord, Hari, the kirtan of whose holy names destroys all sinful reactions, and the offering of obeisances unto whom relieves all material suffering. (SB 12.13.23)

tirupati-balaji-hindu-temple-of-india-images-download.jpg

Chakra

Premium Member
EDIT: The text didn't seemed to be showing up, not sure what happened.

Delete

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Kalyan ji

not sure of your questions, but these letters don't mean anything, there is not even a single vedantic sutra commentary by any gaudiya before 18th century, what does this prove of earlier gaudiyas?
attaching something to madhva philisophy does not give them right to umbrella all the gaudiya faith under madhva

Prabhu ji please with the utmost respect may I point out that comentary is not everything , it is important to you I acept this , but comentary alone is not everything , in many instances comentary is given after the lila itself has taken place , ..., this argument you have already had with Nitai Dasa , ...so I will not persist , ...

the whole point of my argument with you was to show that god brothers in the Brahma Madhava Sampradaya accept Gaudiya Vaisnavas to be God Brothers in continuance of , and as a further flowering of the same sampradaya , therefore if we are accepted from within the Sampradaya how can any other reject our liniage , ...in other words if Madhava Sanyasis accept Srila Prabupada , then they accept Sri Chaitanya , ....

never have I said a word against your Sampradaya nor against Sri Ramanujacharya yet you have spoken against Lord Chaitanya and against Sri Radhika this hurts me more deeply than you can understand , you may insult me all you like , ... but you may not insult my Guru , our Guru Parampara , the Panchatatva or Sri Radhika this I canot tollerate , ...

ok swamy, finally what we want, a better state, moksham after death of physical body, let us all chant the divine names of sri Hari to bring happiness to him for giving us the opportinity to sing his holy names..........Whatever that helps in that direction is ALL good............let us respect all and worship our own and serve all beings as service to god...#Respect

Hare Krushna

I do not even care for Moksham or a better state after the death of this physical body , ...all I want is to hear devotees glorify Sri Hari in their own way according to their own tradition and to be free to pay all respects each in our own way to the preceptor of our own traditions in gratitude and love as without this preceptor we would have nothing , ...yes prabhu ji , ..it is ''All good'' , ....it is all Krsnas Mercy and I too would be so so happy if we could all rejoice in this unlimited mercy of the Supreme , ....

Jai Sri Krsna

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Fantastic picture. Why do Gaudiyas believe Goloka is higher than Sri Vaikuntham? Which scriptures mention Goloka?

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Fantastic picture. Why do Gaudiyas believe Goloka is higher than Sri Vaikuntham? Which scriptures mention Goloka?

The main scripture is Sri Brahma Samhita which mention this. It can be found here:

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/Brahma-Samhita-Complete.pdf

Please go to page 12 for the first verse.
This divine book was found by Lord Chaitanya on His trip to South India, finding one chapter of Brahma Samhita which originally had 100. The original verses were claimed to be spoken by Brahma at the beginning of creation. Western scholars may date to later. Srila Ramanuja agrees with us here, and references Pancharatika texts in his commentaries, accepting them as part of Vedas.

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram Terese ji

First you might like to listen and read , ...
govindam adi purusham

The Govindam Prayers, from Sri Brahma-samhita!
Govindam ādi-puruṣam tam ahaṁ bhajāmi. These verses, Brahma-saṁhitā, it was composed by Lord Brahmā. Therefore in the Vedic literature, this, this is called Saṁhitā. Saṁhitā means part of the Vedic literature. So Lord Brahmā is describing about Kṛṣṇa.

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor who is tending the cows, yielding all desire, in abodes built with spiritual gems, surrounded by millions of purpose trees, always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousands of laksmis or gopis.

Lyrics-
govindam adi purusham tam aham bhajami

venum kvanantaravinda-dalayataksham
barhavatamsam asitam
buda-sundarangam
kandarpa-kothi-kamaniya
-vis'esha s'obham

govindam adi-purusham tam aham bhajami

angani yasya sakalendriya-vrittimanti
pasyanti panti kalayanti ciram jaganti
ananda-cin-maya-saduj-jvala-vigrahasya

English Translation -
Govinda the Original Person I do worship

Playing the flute, as blooming lotusses His eyes,
A peacock's feather on top,
His fine form like blue clouds,
of Millions of Cupids His charm,
His unique so lovely,

Whose limbs whose organs, possess all the functions,
see, maintain, manifest for ever the universes.
Blissfull true, full of meaning, His form dazzling,

Govinda the Original Person I do worship.

Jai Govinda Jai Gopal , Jai Radhamadhava
Ratikala

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
namaskaram Terese ji

First you might like to listen and read , ...
govindam adi purusham

The Govindam Prayers, from Sri Brahma-samhita!
Govindam ādi-puruṣam tam ahaṁ bhajāmi. These verses, Brahma-saṁhitā, it was composed by Lord Brahmā. Therefore in the Vedic literature, this, this is called Saṁhitā. Saṁhitā means part of the Vedic literature. So Lord Brahmā is describing about Kṛṣṇa.

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor who is tending the cows, yielding all desire, in abodes built with spiritual gems, surrounded by millions of purpose trees, always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousands of laksmis or gopis.

Lyrics-

venum kvanantaravinda-dalayataksham
barhavatamsam asitam
buda-sundarangam
kandarpa-kothi-kamaniya
-vis'esha s'obham

angani yasya sakalendriya-vrittimanti
pasyanti panti kalayanti ciram jaganti
ananda-cin-maya-saduj-jvala-vigrahasya

English Translation -

Playing the flute, as blooming lotusses His eyes,
A peacock's feather on top,
His fine form like blue clouds,
of Millions of Cupids His charm,
His unique so lovely,

Whose limbs whose organs, possess all the functions,
see, maintain, manifest for ever the universes.
Blissfull true, full of meaning, His form dazzling,

Govinda the Original Person I do worship.

Jai Govinda Jai Gopal , Jai Radhamadhava
Ratikala

Wonderful bhajan!
Govindam adi-purusham tam aham bhajani!

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Can Jagannatha be worshipped by any Vaishnava regardless of sect?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaskaram Terese ji
, ...
then afrer listening , ...we can discuss what is Adi purusham , ....

and when we speak of Goloka how best can we describe it , ...what is higest ? ....what is central ?

Adi simply means First , the Original , ..the Origin , ...therfore Adi Purusham is the first and original being , the progenitor of all , ....thus the abode of the Supreme being is the original and eternal abode , we due to our limited nature call this abode the Highest Abode , ...but it could well be better understood if we were to say Central Abode , ....as it is for this reason it is likened to the Whorl of the lotus from which all else blosoms forth , ..from which all originates and into to which all ultimatly must return , ....

However whilst writing this and watching this video I have fallen in love with the most sweet and beautiful manifestation of the Supreme , ...please you may see this beautifull form at 14.17 in the video , ..please meditate on this form whilst listening and Chanting , ...

if we can all do this together never again will we argue amongst eachother , ....we will become absorbed in Sri Goloka Vrindarban , ....

Bollo Bollo , ...Hare Krsna Hare Krsna , .......

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Jai Jai , ... he is lord of the Universe, he is the Supreme himself even Buddhists have worshiped him , ...

images

Jagannatha Swami nayana pata gami bhavatu me!

"O Jagannatha, Lord of the Universe, please be visible before my eyes."

ratikala

Istha gosthi
The Appearance of Lord Jagannatha

......this is the beautifull story told of the deities of Jaganatha Baladeva and Subhadra devi and how their worship became established in Puri Dham

''Five thousand years ago, Lord Krishna, with His elder brother Balarama and His younger sister Subhadra, once visited Kurukshetra in a chariot. Two thousand years later, King Indradyumna started the temple of Jagannatha in Orissa at Puri, and he wanted to establish a picture in the temple of Krishna, Subhadra, and Balarama coming to Kuruksetra in the chariot during solar eclipse. He employed Visvakarma to carve them from wood, and made a contract with Visvakarma that the sculptor would do his work behind closed doors and the King should not disturb him. But the King, being very impatient to see, forcefully opened the door. Visvanatha stopped carving, but the king decided, "Never mind it is half finished. I shall install these deities in the temple." Since then, the three deities Jagannatha, Balarama and Subhadra are being worshiped at Jagannatha Puri.''

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
The Appearance of Lord Jagannatha

......this is the beautifull story told of the deities of Jaganatha Baladeva and Subhadra devi and how their worship became established in Puri Dham

''Five thousand years ago, Lord Krishna, with His elder brother Balarama and His younger sister Subhadra, once visited Kurukshetra in a chariot. Two thousand years later, King Indradyumna started the temple of Jagannatha in Orissa at Puri, and he wanted to establish a picture in the temple of Krishna, Subhadra, and Balarama coming to Kuruksetra in the chariot during solar eclipse. He employed Visvakarma to carve them from wood, and made a contract with Visvakarma that the sculptor would do his work behind closed doors and the King should not disturb him. But the King, being very impatient to see, forcefully opened the door. Visvanatha stopped carving, but the king decided, "Never mind it is half finished. I shall install these deities in the temple." Since then, the three deities Jagannatha, Balarama and Subhadra are being worshiped at Jagannatha Puri.''

I don't know much about Subhadra. What was she like?
Namaskaram Terese ji
, ...
then afrer listening , ...we can discuss what is Adi purusham , ....

and when we speak of Goloka how best can we describe it , ...what is higest ? ....what is central ?

Adi simply means First , the Original , ..the Origin , ...therfore Adi Purusham is the first and original being , the progenitor of all , ....thus the abode of the Supreme being is the original and eternal abode , we due to our limited nature call this abode the Highest Abode , ...but it could well be better understood if we were to say Central Abode , ....as it is for this reason it is likened to the Whorl of the lotus from which all else blosoms forth , ..from which all originates and into to which all ultimatly must return , ....

However whilst writing this and watching this video I have fallen in love with the most sweet and beautiful manifestation of the Supreme , ...please you may see this beautifull form at 14.17 in the video , ..please meditate on this form whilst listening and Chanting , ...

if we can all do this together never again will we argue amongst eachother , ....we will become absorbed in Sri Goloka Vrindarban , ....

Bollo Bollo , ...Hare Krsna Hare Krsna , .......
What form are you referring to Ratikala?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Devi Subhadra was Lord Krishna's step sister and the daughter of Vasudeva and Rohini, real sister to Lord Balarama, and married Arjuna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagannath#Tribal_origins
I have a topic on Navakalebara with photographs of people selecting the tree for making the three idols. You might find it interesting. I too believe that Lord Jagannatha has tribal origins like all indigenous Hindu Gods and Goddesses have.

Here: http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...h-lord-balabhadra-and-sister-subhadra.178720/

Last edited:

निताइ dasa

Lord Jagannatha is the Lord of the Whole World :) , so every human being has a right to worship Him. Please see above for very beautiful dance and Jagannathastakam

“Nilachala Nivasaya ,Nityayaa Paramatmane;
Balabhadra Subhadrabhyam,Jagannathayate Namah“

I offer my humble prostrated obeisance’s to the internal supreme Power Shri Jagannath – The Super Soul of all living entities .Who resides with his divine Elder Brother Sri Balabhadra and little Sister Shree Devi Subhadra

kadācit kālindī-taṭa-vipina-sańgītaka-ravo
mudābhīrī-nārī-vadana-kamalāsvāda-madhupaḥ
ramā-śambhu-brahmāmara-pati-gaṇeśārcita-pado
jagannāthaḥ svāmī nayana-patha-gāmī bhavatu me

Sometimes in great happiness Lord Jagannatha makes a loud concert with His flute in the groves on the banks of the Yamuna. He is like a bumblebee tasting the beautiful lotus like faces of the cowherd damsels of Vraja, and great personalities such as Laksmi, Siva, Brahma, Indra, and Ganesa worship His lotus feet. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.

bhuje savye veṇuḿ śirasi śikhi-puccham kaṭi-taṭe
dukūlaḿ netrānte sahacara-kaṭākṣaḿ vidadhate
sadā śrīmad-vṛndāvana-vasati-līlā-paricayo
jagannāthaḥ svāmī nayana-patha-gāmī bhavatu me

n His left hand Lord Jagannatha holds a flute, on His head He wears peacock feathers, and on His hips He wears fine yellow silken cloth. From the corners of His eyes He bestows sidelong glances upon His loving devotees, and He always reveals Himself through His pastimes in His divine abode of Vrndavana. May that Jagannatha Svami be the object of my vision.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Odissi (i.e. from Odisha) is one of our ten Indian classical dances. It was performed in Lord Jagannatha's temple.

Odissi dance by Sharon Lowen, US Scholar in India
https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sour...haron+lowen+odissi+dancer&newwindow=1&tbm=vid
Odissi dance by other dancers
https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sour...1&ie=UTF-8#q=Odissi+dance&newwindow=1&tbm=vid

Why Sharon Lowen? Because I was employed with Fulbright Foundation and Sharon was one of our scholars, a very beautiful lady. Kindly excuse me for the bias for this one time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Lowen
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=S...v&ved=0ahUKEwiK0KSgzo3KAhWBUI4KHeGTDC0QiR4IeQ

Last edited: