• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gathering information-not discussing.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am simply gathering information, please help me. What reasons require that Jesus is God?
I am looking for Biblical reasons other than 'the Bible or Jesus said so'. Thanks

I am looking for things like: a human, alone, could never be a perfect sacrifice which is required by (verse).
a slow moving contemplation of the temptation
Jesus in the wilderness....

Three gospels make report....one does not

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 14:19 says that the world will not see Christ while He is in Heaven waiting to return to earth. God is in Heaven and will send instructions from there but the Kingdom will be on earth and ruled by Jesus who will return to earth. The "Lord's Prayer can also be interpreted as saying that God's will ( no crimes or illness, etc. ) will be done on earth WHEN His kingdom is set up here. The sermon on the mount says that the meek shall inherit the earth. Does that mean that everyone else will go to heaven and leave the earth to the meek? I guess you better not be meek.

John 14:19 says the world will behold Jesus No more. It does Not say 'while Jesus is in heaven'. We do Not see spirit persons. Jesus was resurrected as a spirit person. Jesus is located in heaven before his Father - Hebrews 9:24; Revelation 3:12

Everyone who died before Jesus died (John 3:13) can be part of the humble meek to inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Proverbs 2:21-22
That includes meek people like King David ( Acts of the Apostles 2:34 and John the Baptizer - Matthew 11:11 )
None of the people of Hebrews chapter 11 were offered heaven - Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 - but still asleep in the grave.
That is why Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there is ' going to be ' a resurrection .......
Wasn't Moses considered as a meek person? ______

All the people Jesus resurrected while on Earth had a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection right here on Earth.
Jesus was giving us a preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a grand global scale during his millennium-long day of governing over Earth - Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14. The majority of people will live on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
God is Not going to fail in His purpose of Genesis 1:28 for the Earth.- Psalms 115:16

The living figurative sheep of Matthew 25:31-33,37 are Not Jesus' spiritual ' brothers' of Matthew 25:40.
Those called as Jesus' brothers' are the ones called to heavenly life - Romans 8:14-16 Romans 8:17; Revelation 2:10
The figurative sheep can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into Day One of Jesus millennial reign over Earth.
While Jesus' brothers' will be resurrected to heaven to govern with Jesus for a thousand years over Earth - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If they are governing over the earth , why would they be in Heaven?A king lives in the area he is ruling over.

First, Jesus is located in heaven - Revelation 3:21; Hebrews 9:24; Colossians 3:1
Those governing with Jesus are as adopted sons of God ( Jesus' brothers )
Jesus is NOW head ( governing ) over the Christian congregation - Ephesians 5:23
So, Jesus lives in heaven, but his ruling is over the vicinity area of the Earth.
The world would see Jesus No more according to John 14:19, but would ' see ' the effects of his governing - Matthew 24:14
Also, consider that Earth is considered as God's footstool - Isaiah 66:1; Acts of the Apostles 7:49
A footstool is in the vicinity of the throne - Revelation 3:21
So, I guess, since the BIG picture is that ALL nations of Earth are included, then being centered in heaven then they can look down ( in a caring way ), so to speak, on ALL of earth's nations - Revelation 22:2

lostwanderingsoul

Zechariah 14:4 says Jesus feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. This is on earth. Revelation 21 says a new Jerusalem will come down FROM Heaven and God will dwell with His people. This is on earth, not Heaven. Only God is in Heaven and He never prominses to take anyone there with Him.Speaking of earth being God's footstool also shows that His feet will be ON EARTH. The BIGGER picture is that since all nations of earth are included, a loving and caring ruler would want to be close he loves and cares for.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Zechariah 14:4 says Jesus feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. This is on earth. Revelation 21 says a new Jerusalem will come down FROM Heaven and God will dwell with His people. This is on earth, not Heaven. Only God is in Heaven and He never prominses to take anyone there with Him.Speaking of earth being God's footstool also shows that His feet will be ON EARTH. The BIGGER picture is that since all nations of earth are included, a loving and caring ruler would want to be close he loves and cares for.

Jerusalem above is now mother - Galatians 4:26
Where on Earth would there be enough room for New Jerusalem to be on Earth according to the measurements found at Revelation 21:12-21 ?
Isn't the base of New Jerusalem four square 345 miles ?
Each side 1,379 miles ? ( 12,000 furlongs )
Being a cube the New Jerusalem is as high as it is long and wide.
The wall around New Jerusalem is 210 feet high ( 144 cubits )

Since Revelation is written in very-vivid word pictures then why would we take the New Jerusalem of Revelation 21 as literal ?

One person told me there would be No more oceans on Earth because there will be No more seas.
That too would be symbolic because Jesus will govern from sea to sea - Psalms 72:8
But the restless sea of wicked mankind will be gone - Isaiah 57:20

Earth is Not a literal footstool but stands in a relative position to God's throne.

lostwanderingsoul

it still says the new Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven. If it comes out of Heaven then it will have to go somewhere. It also says there will be a new earth so maybe the new earth will be large enough. The point is that no verse in the Bible says people will go to Heaven, They will be with Jesus in the new Jerusalem on new earth.

meghanwaterlillies

I am simply gathering information, please help me. What reasons require that Jesus is God?
I am looking for Biblical reasons other than 'the Bible or Jesus said so'. Thanks

I am looking for things like: a human, alone, could never be a perfect sacrifice which is required by (verse).
I can give my testimony and ummm that's not in the bible, I simply don't understand why you would say by verse and than say other than the bible.. but you are looking for it.... good.
"I am looking for things like: a human, alone, could never be a perfect sacrifice which is required by (verse)"
It's been in a lot posts mine too. No matter how you say your looking for it, Its everywhere.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Jesus said if you trust the writings of Moses (as legitimate, authoritative) you will trust Him, too.

And to respond to your note, one person could sacrifice for all persons, but God could sacrifice for all persons. Jesus spoke and taught in a manner that proved His divinity, and was crucified after testifying to the rulers of the Jewish people that He is, indeed, God.