• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gathering information-not discussing.

Eileen

I am simply gathering information, please help me. What reasons require that Jesus is God?
I am looking for Biblical reasons other than 'the Bible or Jesus said so'. Thanks

I am looking for things like: a human, alone, could never be a perfect sacrifice which is required by (verse).

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am simply gathering information, please help me. What reasons require that Jesus is God?
I am looking for Biblical reasons other than 'the Bible or Jesus said so'. Thanks
I am looking for things like: a human, alone, could never be a perfect sacrifice which is required by (verse).

Adam was created as a sinless human. However, then sinning father Adam passed down to us human imperfection then no sinning human could be a ransom sacrifice for us. Jesus, Not having a sinning Father, was born sinless and remained sinless, thus sin-free Jesus could balance the Scales of Justice for us, and be the sinless sacrifice needed so our sins could be cancelled out.

Since we sin we die. If we could stop sinning we would Not die. Because we die we can Not resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us. Jesus can and will. Some to heaven, but the majority of mankind to be resurrected back to future healthy physical life on earth .

lostwanderingsoul

there is nothing in the Bible that says anyone will go to heaven. God will establish His kingdom on earth and people will live here in spiritual form not physical

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member

John 1:1 states that the Word was God (Greek: καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος). This means that Jesus has all the qualities of being God (some translations render this passage as "And the Word was what God was"., and everything that God is, Jesus is as well. It is said in John 1:3 that the Word created all things; nothing was created that was not made by the Word.

In Hebrews 1, the entire chapter is devoted to how the Son (i.e. Jesus) is God:

1 In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets; 2 in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,

3 who is the refulgence of his glory,
the very imprint of his being,
and who sustains all things by his mighty word.
When he had accomplished purification from sins,
he took his seat at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 as far superior to the angels
as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say:
“You are my son; this day I have begotten you”?

Or again:
“I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me”?

6 And again, when he leads the first-born into the world, he says:
“Let all the angels of God worship him.”

7 Of the angels he says:
“He makes his angels winds
and his ministers a fiery flame”;

8 but of the Son:
“Your throne, O God, stands forever and ever; (other translations render this as "your throne is God forever and ever)
and a righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You loved justice and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, anointed you
with the oil of gladness above your companions”;

10 and:
“At the beginning, O Lord, you established the earth,
and the heavens are the works of your hands.
11 They will perish, but you remain;
and they will all grow old like a garment.
12 You will roll them up like a cloak,
and like a garment they will be changed.
But you are the same, and your years will have no end.”

13 But to which of the angels has he ever said:
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies your footstool”?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent to serve, for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

The author of Hebrews pointedly takes passages from the Psalms (in verses 10-12, the author quotes Psalm 102:25) that were addressed to God, and directs the words of the Psalmist to Jesus. This is clearly referring to Jesus as being God.

Eileen

Thank you for your answers but I was not looking for verses that one believes prove Jesus' divinity I was asking what reason did he need to be God. What did his Godhood accomplish. Why did he need to be God in order to accomplish w
hat a human that was anointed and enabled by God for a specific purpose could not do?

rusra02

Premium Member

IMO, there are no reasons that require Jesus to be Almighty God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
there is nothing in the Bible that says anyone will go to heaven. God will establish His kingdom on earth and people will live here in spiritual form not physical

If No one goes to heaven, then how does one explain Revelation 20:6 ?

The angels have spirit form, and live in the spirit realm of existence.
Humans, on the other hand, have a physical form as father Adam did.
Adam could live forever in his healthy physical form as long as he did Not break God's law.
At death Adam simply returned to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
When Jesus resurrected people he brought them back to life in a healthy physical form.
So, Jesus was giving us a preview, or coming attraction, of what he will be doing on a grand global scale starting with Day One of his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when most of the resurrected can gain 'everlasting life on Earth in a physical form' as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

meghanwaterlillies

why are you asking for one to be not based on scripture and the other to be based on scripture?

meghanwaterlillies

He prayed to God His father so that sounds like He is God's son
I think that from the point of where He is, because He came to us we have an example. For example people seem to attack Him from how He was at the beginning of man (born in the flesh) son of man and the son of God also the voice of God or in showing the holy spirit when it is stated this is my Son listen to him.... To when he is standing ground of the accusation of Him for doing good and healing on the Sabbath also being in the father or the father beginning of creation fulfilling the law and the prophets, In those accusations he says very sternly who he is. So the angle of attack on Him, his body, His power, shows a lot how he addressed each one from the angle of lack of trust or cruelity.

meghanwaterlillies

I think that from the point of where He is, because He came to us we have an example. For example people seem to attack Him from how He was at the beginning of man (born in the flesh) son of man and the son of God also the voice of God or in showing the holy spirit when it is stated this is my Son listen to him.... To when he is standing ground of the accusation of Him for doing good and healing on the Sabbath also being in the father or the father beginning of creation fulfilling the law and the prophets, In those accusations he says very sternly who he is. So the angle of attack on Him, his body, His power, shows a lot how he addressed each one from the angle of lack of trust or cruelity.
Also forgiving that of them.. means moving on but also understanding that one sacrifice was the only point of reference that time worship or human sacrifice which many a cultures had been practicing means not to do so. So the gospel went out and conquered those trapped in some of those things also means not to pick it back up.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Revelation 20:6 does not say anything about Heaven. People will be in God's kingdom on Earth.

Where did Jesus go when the resurrected Jesus ascended to heaven - Hebrews 9:24 - __________
Doesn't Revelation 20:6 mention the first or earlier resurrection ?_______
Wouldn't that mean more to follow after them ?_____
The resurrected ones of Revelation 14:3 are redeemed from the Earth. ( Not to the Earth )
They will serve mankind living on Earth as kings and priests - Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10
They govern over earthly subjects or citizens on Earth - Psalms 72:8
There are many dwellings in God's house - John 14:2-3; John 14:19 - God's home is heaven.
So, those governing as kings and priests with Jesus govern from heaven over Earth.

lostwanderingsoul

I have never heard of a king living in one country and ruling over people in another country. God's kingdom will be on earth and ruled over by people living on earth.The many dwelings in God's house can also be translated as many occupations or places of authority. God's government will have many workers but they will not be in Heaven.The semon on the mount says the meek will inherit the earth. The Lord's prayer says Thy will be done on earth.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

How about non-Biblical reasons? Though you would have to ask that the thread be moved to another RF forum.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have never heard of a king living in one country and ruling over people in another country. God's kingdom will be on earth and ruled over by people living on earth.The many dwelings in God's house can also be translated as many occupations or places of authority. God's government will have many workers but they will not be in Heaven.The semon on the mount says the meek will inherit the earth. The Lord's prayer says Thy will be done on earth.

Good point about Matthew 5:5 and God's will being done on earth as it is in heaven..... - Proverbs 2:21-22
In heaven we know God's will ( purpose ) is that there is No crime in heaven, No war, No violence, No pollution, No sickness, No death.
So, we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to come and exist here on earth -> Revelation 22:2

Doesn't Jesus have a 'little flock' - Luke 12:32 - besides 'other sheep' - John 10:16 ?_______
Just as the majority of people do Not govern, a little flock will govern.
The majority or the ' other sheep ', starting with the humble figurative sheep of Matthew 25:31-33,37, will be on earth.

We know our government is located in Washington D.C. so it has a specific place or location.
Those who govern with Christ for a thousand years are resurrected ones ruling with Christ and Christ is located in heaven - Colossians 3:1
So, the governmental rulership comes down from heaven.
Just as Jesus is head of the Christian congregation today - Ephesians 5:23 - he does Not need to be physically present to govern over it.
Where is God's house according to 1 Kings 8:39; 1 Kings 8:45; 1 Kings 8:49 but in heaven.
Who is in heaven with God according to Hebrews 9:24
Any comments about John 14:19 A ?

lostwanderingsoul

John 14:19 says that the world will not see Christ while He is in Heaven waiting to return to earth. God is in Heaven and will send instructions from there but the Kingdom will be on earth and ruled by Jesus who will return to earth. The "Lord's Prayer can also be interpreted as saying that God's will ( no crimes or illness, etc. ) will be done on earth WHEN His kingdom is set up here. The sermon on the mount says that the meek shall inherit the earth. Does that mean that everyone else will go to heaven and leave the earth to the meek? I guess you better not be meek.