• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garner Incident-if you can say "I can't breathe," guess what you can breathe

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Why would you claim that?

I must be missing something, cause best I can see, YOU are the one that turned this thread into a racism bickering match.
Because it happens every time a black man is killed for no real reason with no real consequence for the white killers. It's not as if this is an uncommon occurrance, have you really not noticed the pattern?

For God's sake, when nobody could dig up dirt on the 12 year old black male who was killed without even an attempt to arrest him for having a toy in a park, people started smearing his father.

Police like to kill white people, too, but there's not a rush to explain why the sufficiently pale victims had it coming.

CMike

I don't think it's quite that simple. But I will absolutely claim that CMike is trying to contradict the official cause of death while saying it was his own fault because he was black.
<crazy emoticon if it existed here>

CMike

Because it happens every time a black man is killed for no real reason with no real consequence for the white killers. It's not as if this is an uncommon occurrance, have you really not noticed the pattern?

For God's sake, when nobody could dig up dirt on the 12 year old black male who was killed without even an attempt to arrest him for having a toy in a park, people started smearing his father.

Police like to kill white people, too, but there's not a rush to explain why the sufficiently pale victims had it coming.
It was a toy gun, not a toy barbie doll.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

again, YOU are the only one going on and on about race in this thread.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
He died mainly because of his health conditions; asthma, heart issues, etc.
Wrong. The coroner's report said he died as a result from the choke hold and his death was labeled a homicide. Meaning, the police officer caused his death. The other health issues did not cause his death. You aren't genuinely refuting that fact, are you?
Did the medical examiner say that you can talk while not breathing?

If so, please quote the ME saying that?
I'm still trying to understand why the whole talking and breathing thing means anything at all?

freethinker44

If you can talk you can breathe.

If you can't breathe, you can't talk.
repeating it over and over doesn't make it true.

You can die from damage to your throat and still appear to be able to breathe. You can also drown hours after you've been rescued from drowning and appear to be fine. So it's not that easy to say he wasn't choking because he could talk. You can still be choking to death and able to speak. You don't have to take my word for it, look it up. I thought it was common knowledge but apparently not.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Actually, it was a toy gun that was doctored to look like a real gun which he was waving around pointing at people before the 911 and call.
Yep. He was playing with a toy in a park. Dead.
Trayvon had a hoodie. Dead.
Mike Brown may have hit Darren Wilson so hard that it almost left a mark (witness statements conflict). Dead.
Eric Garner sold loose cigarrettes. Dead.

Every time, the white killer walks, the dead black male had it coming. Nope, no pattern here, nothing to see, move along, nothing to see.

Didn't you just say something in another thread about "all that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?"

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Your blatant ignoring of the specific facts indicates you are not the least bit interested in truth, just your emotional rants.
Sorry, Mesty, but listing facts you prefer to ignore is not an emotional rant.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Sorry, Mesty, but listing facts you prefer to ignore is not an emotional rant.
I am not the one on the emotional rantfest...
I am not the one making this thread nothing more than a rantfest on racism.
I am not the one ignoring the fact that the kid was waving around and pointing a toy that was specifically doctored to look like a real firearm at people in order to intimidate park goers.

The more you post, the more you come off as another poverty pimp.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Maybe by "emotional" he means the factual rant gives him unpleasant emotions as they conflict with his worldview?
One wonders if you are ever going to present the Ohio code that allows 12 year olds to not only carry firearms, but allows them to wave them around in public threatening to shoot others.

or are you simply hoping I forgot about asking you for that source?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Storm, weren't there NRA peeps last year standing in a group ten-plus strong with assault rifles outside Walmart or something like that? If I recall correctly, they apparently weren't choked to death.
Why, yes you do. And nobody died at the Bundy ranch, when organized but white domestic terrorists threateened to open fire on federal officers in the performance of their duty, as an explicit act of insurrection, then proceded to occupy the town and harrass citizens.

White men don't get shot when they take their REAL assault rifles to the mall, or Starbucks, or to circle a Moms Demand Action meeting like vultures.

When a white man with a real, loaded gun spurred a flood of 911 calls by brandishing his loaded, not toy gun at children playing in a park, and sneering that their parents couldn't stop himj, the police responders shrugged that there was nothing they could do because it was an open carry state.

But a black boy with a toy gun in an open carry state gets shot without so much as a warning.

Wow, aren't I ridiculous and inflammatory for noticing a pattern?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I am not the one on the emotional rantfest...
I am not the one making this thread nothing more than a rantfest on racism.
I am not the one ignoring the fact that the kid was waving around and pointing a toy that was specifically doctored to look like a real firearm at people in order to intimidate park goers.

The more you post, the more you come off as another poverty pimp.
No, you're the one pretending race is irrelevant.

I don'tknowwhat a poverty pimp is