• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Garner Incident-if you can say "I can't breathe," guess what you can breathe

CMike

These are my thoughts after watching the video.

Garner resisted arrest. If you resist arrest you aren't going to be treated gently.

The headlock/chockehold or whatever it was didn't stop Garner from breathing.

How do we know this? Because during the hold Garner kept saying "I can't breathe, I can't breathe".

Well, guess what? If you can say repeatedly "I can't breathe", you can breathe.

He died mainly because of his health conditions; asthma, heart issues, etc.

I think the moral of the story is that if you have health problems, don't resist arrest.

Let the flames begin.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
These are my thoughts after watching the video.

Garner resisted arrest. If you resist arrest you aren't going to be treated gently.

The headlock/chockehold or whatever it was didn't stop Garner from breathing.

How do we know this? Because during the hold Garner kept saying "I can't breathe, I can't breathe".

Well, guess what? If you can say repeatedly "I can't breathe", you can breathe.

He died mainly because of his health conditions; asthma, heart issues, etc.

I think the moral of the story is that if you have health problems, don't resist arrest.

Let the flames begin.
The coroners report should settle the case here. Cause of death.....

Police choke hold killed NY man, medical examiner says - CNN.com

CMike

Wow. I've confronted a lot of racist-flavored stupid over the last few days, but trying to say that the man who was strangled was lying about not being able to breathe as he died from not being able to breathe is a whole new level.

Wow another intellectual post.

This is very simple.

If you can talk you can breathe. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

The name calling doesn't impress me.

Also very simple-- if you have health problems, don't resist arrest.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Wow another intellectual post.

This is very simple.

If you can talk you can breathe. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

The name calling doesn't impress me.

Also very simple-- if you have health problems, don't resist arrest.
Are you assuming that we're supposed to believe you over a medically trained coroner?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Why would I waste effort on that? Have you nevver heard the line about administering medicine to the dead?

There was no name calling, only accurate description of your argument, as further evidenced by your insistence that the coroner's stated cause of death is wrong because reasons.

I have no intention of validating your racist flavored stupid by pretending it's worthy of rebuttal.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Are you assuming that we're supposed to believe you over a medically trained coroner?
Well how ELSE is he going to convince us to blame the scary black man who didn't actually resist arrest for his own strangulation?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Wow. I've confronted a lot of racist-flavored stupid over the last few days, but trying to say that the man who was strangled was lying about not being able to breathe as he died from not being able to breathe is a whole new level.
Is it your claim that he was killed because he was black?

CMike

Why would I waste effort on that? Have you nevver heard the line about administering medicine to the dead?

There was no name calling, only accurate description of your argument, as further evidenced by your insistence that the coroner's stated cause of death is wrong because reasons.

I have no intention of validating your racist flavored stupid by pretending it's worthy of rebuttal.
That's not what I said. I said the headline was wrong.

If you are going to quote the ME it's further in the article.

And yeah it was name calling.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Did the medical examiner say that you can talk while not breathing?

If so, please quote the ME saying that?
What point are you trying to make with this thread?

What is your point regarding being able to talk means Garner could breathe? What does that mean to you?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Is it your claim that he was killed because he was black?
I don't think it's quite that simple. But I will absolutely claim that CMike is trying to contradict the official cause of death while saying it was his own fault because he was black.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I don't think it's quite that simple. But I will absolutely claim that CMike is trying to contradict the official cause of death while saying it was his own fault because he was black.
Why would you claim that?

I must be missing something, cause best I can see, YOU are the one that turned this thread into a racism bickering match.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's not what I said. I said the headline was wrong.

If you are going to quote the ME it's further in the article.

And yeah it was name calling.
Somehow, I am neither surprised nor concerned that you want to pout because you can't tell the difference between describing your argument and calling you names.