• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gardening Story

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I just found this story, and loved it. Made me wish I had a yard to invite the Three Sisters to...

I'm really impressed with the way the story conveys a practical gardening method.

Three Sisters: Corn, Beans & Squash | Kachina House's Blog

I've heard of the three sisters. I love looking into the agricultural methods of the various Native tribes. Here in the PNW there was so much forageable and huntable that the only agriculture was in the form of mussel beds.

Mariaasophia

You should have taken those first steps last fall by layering cardboard over the soil to kill the weed seeds. Now you’re going to play catch-up with weeds. You can start it now for next year..yes it’s ugly but cardboard is free and decomposes as well as kills weed seeds..I just dig it into the dirt in the spring.