• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gardening Results

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Man this was a bad year for me. Flowers did great, post pictures all over the web.

Vegetables tanked
Planted Cucumbers from seeds 3 times got 1 plant, bought plants all died
Planted zucchini once the zucchini started coming the plants started dying, tried Seven to stop whatever it was and it saved the plants for another week. Maybe got 1 dozen zucchini from 6 plants
Planted Peppers the plants growth is stunted. Red and Yellow Peppers rotting before changing color. Out of 8 plants picking early got 3 peppers so far.
Planted Tomatoes they are growing in bushes; however a ground hog has found my garden and is eating them faster than I can get them. Maybe got 6 Tomatoes so far not that they haven't been producing but the ground hog gets 3 a day.
Planted 2 rows of beets 8 plants came up, picked the first today.
Mulberries had no taste this year
Black Berries are incredibly sour this year.

How are you doing?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If I could, I'd give you squash. I have crookneck squash, zepher squash, zucchini and tatuma squash all going at a good clip. Had three good long bean harvests this year and an extended and healthy strawberry season. Some of my herbs didn't do very well this year though, including my thai basil (which is sad, I love making pho.) I had to plant my potatos late this year so we'll see what kind of yield I get. Tomatos are hella late this year. Getting a good amount of cherry tomatos but none of the larger varieties have colored yet. My onions didn't do as well this year as last year so I'm going to let them overwinter under a frame. Maybe I'll pull them up when it gets real cold and make some French onion soup.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My sugar peas all died.
Roma tomatoes are good.
Butternut squash is good.
Asparagus continues to mature....big harvest next year.
Hostas thriving.
Grounds looking pretty darned good.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Terrible year for me, too. :sweat:

I mean, I guess my lavender plants and sage plants have performed more excellently than I hoped in the location, but those are not so much for eating as they are for making ritual things. I wanted my awesome cucumbers, dang it! I can't stand buying ones in the store anymore with the nasty wax they put on them.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Planted 4 more hardy roses today. I got sponsors for about 20 hardy roses to replace a line of various shrubs where I volunteer. Other roses doing well, replaced lawn great, cotoneaster hedge growing like a weed. Happy days.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Planted 4 more hardy roses today. I got sponsors for about 20 hardy roses to replace a line of various shrubs where I volunteer. Other roses doing well, replaced lawn great, cotoneaster hedge growing like a weed. Happy days.
I've tried those.....too difficult to maintain.
And they like to attack me.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've tried those.....too difficult to maintain.
And they like to attack me.

You mean hardy roses? They're easy, but yes some species can attack your arms. Unfortunately there aren't many of the heirloom varieties around. You can find some in older neighbourhoods. The garden centers stick to what sells. My hostas from a few years back really like the shade of the west side of the house. Pretty plants. At temple we have lots of hardy fruit trees now too. Plums, pears, apples, apricots. It's hard up her in the cold cold northland.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Man this was a bad year for me. Flowers did great, post pictures all over the web.

Vegetables tanked
Planted zucchini once the zucchini started coming the plants started dying, tried Seven to stop whatever it was and it saved the plants for another week. Maybe got 1 dozen zucchini from 6 plants
Planted Peppers the plants growth is stunted. Red and Yellow Peppers rotting before changing color. Out of 8 plants picking early got 3 peppers so far.
Planted Tomatoes they are growing in bushes; however a ground hog has found my garden and is eating them faster than I can get them. Maybe got 6 Tomatoes so far not that they haven't been producing but the ground hog gets 3 a day.

How are you doing?

Not so bad this year, great growing weather with lots of showers and sun, frosts ended early, tent worms looked to be mounting a campaign early but buggered off

Apples are pretty thin, but I have plenty and it's a good sign of a mild winter
Tomatoes are excellent, cherry and some large variety I forget the name of, but all taste amazing this year
Tons of blackberries, sour but nice with something sweet, thanks for reminder must pick them soon..
Rhubarb is good as always
Raspberries: expectations were not high, been tending for 4 years, all eaten once again by something mysterious, despite maximum security
Flowers, planted and wild are beautiful still. Humming birds checking them out today

DavidFirth

Vegetables tanked

How are you doing?

I guess we don't always reap what we sow. ;)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Not so bad this year, great growing weather with lots of showers and sun, frosts ended early, tent worms looked to be mounting a campaign early but buggered off

Apples are pretty thin, but I have plenty and it's a good sign of a mild winter
Tomatoes are excellent, cherry and some large variety I forget the name of, but all taste amazing this year
Tons of blackberries, sour but nice with something sweet, thanks for reminder must pick them soon..
Rhubarb is good as always
Raspberries: expectations were not high, been tending for 4 years, all eaten once again by something mysterious, despite maximum security
Flowers, planted and wild are beautiful still. Humming birds checking them out today

My apple tree has the most apples it ever had. They all look gorgeous red but have no flavor yet. I keep hoping they last until September, the birds are attacking the tree already.