• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gardein

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know. We would have to ask some kind of food expert. Someone who has spent a lot of time pondering the subject. Someone with diverse knowledge who between thoughts of politics, ponders these important issues.

@Revoltingest ?
I've had fake & semi-fake meat before.
Some of it is great.
Don't know this product though.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I love Gardein! Haven't noticed a fishy taste, though. Their 7-grain Crispy Tenders are amazing on pizza!

I had them, not on a pizza but by themselves. Taste fishy to me. It's almost like Gardein got the taste of chicken and fish mixed up.

I much prefer Morningstar Farms or Boca "chick'n" products.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I had them, not on a pizza but by themselves. Taste fishy to me. It's almost like Gardein got the taste of chicken and fish mixed up.

I much prefer Morningstar Farms or Boca "chick'n" products.

Next time I buy them I will have to look for a fishy taste. ;-)

Morningstar does great work! I enjoy Quorn's fake chicken products, but not so much their beef. Lately, if I want beefy, I have been getting the Beyond Burger. Expensive, but delicious!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Next time I buy them I will have to look for a fishy taste. ;-)

Morningstar does great work! I enjoy Quorn's fake chicken products, but not so much their beef. Lately, if I want beefy, I have been getting the Beyond Burger. Expensive, but delicious!

I've seen Quorn, but have yet to try it. I've never seen the Beyond Burger.

There are two restaurants near me that sell the Impossible burger, which, in my experience, is as close as you can get to real beef. Again, a bit on the pricey side, but if you ever get the opportunity, do yourself a favor and try it.

As an aside, Burger King is rolling out the Impossible Whopper nationally in the next couple of months which will feature the Impossible burger. It did very well in testing in the St. Louis market.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I've seen Quorn, but have yet to try it. I've never seen the Beyond Burger.

There are two restaurants near me that sell the Impossible burger, which, in my experience, is as close as you can get to real beef. Again, a bit on the pricey side, but if you ever get the opportunity, do yourself a favor and try it.

As an aside, Burger King is rolling out the Impossible Whopper nationally in the next couple of months which will feature the Impossible burger. It did very well in testing in the St. Louis market.

I haven't tried the Impossible Burger, but from what I understand, Beyond Burger and Impossible Burger are pretty comparable.

Good to see products like this becoming more mainstream!