• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ganesh Chaturthi

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Happy Ganesha Chaturthi, to those who celebrate. May the one tusker shower you with His wisdom. Aum

512px-Lard_Ganesha_in_blue.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Happy Ganesha Chaturthi, to those who celebrate. May the one tusker shower you with His wisdom. Aum
Thank you for the reminder, being back in Holland, no mandirs around where I live, I tend to forget these dates

But Ganesha is very special to me...many wonderful experiences I had, where Ganesha showed me he is "real" if I pray

And I always love to do some sadhana on Ganesha's day...well a bit late today, so I start now and continue for 24 hours; Ganesha will understand:)

shivsomashekhar

Thank you for the reminder, being back in Holland, no mandirs around where I live, I tend to forget these dates

But Ganesha is very special to me...many wonderful experiences I had, where Ganesha showed me he is "real" if I pray

And I always love to do some sadhana on Ganesha's day...well a bit late today, so I start now and continue for 24 hours; Ganesha will understand:)

It depends on the geographic location. In American time zones, it is today (Aug 30), but in India, it is tomorrow. So Europe could go either way.

Drik Panchang (online) is a good location based Hindu liturgical calendar.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It depends on the geographic location. In American time zones, it is today (Aug 30), but in India, it is tomorrow. So Europe could go either way.

You are totally right, I just checked. Well, even better, I can do some Ganesha Sadhana at the proper day, even nicer:)

I know what to do already

Thanks for telling:)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Happy Ganesha Chaturthi, to those who celebrate. May the one tuskered one shower you with His wisdom. Aum
All Hindus celebrate Ganesh Chaturthy. Some with pomp and show, some silently.
My friend Ganesha is currently at our place. He will give his 'darshana' around 11 a.m. (less than 2 hours from now). We got a new throne for him. More later after audience with Ganesha. I will ask him about Shiva, Mother Parvati and brother Murugan.
"Sarvebhyoh swaswtih bhavatu"

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is Wednesday, August 31 today in India, yesterday (not tomorrow). So Europe and Americas have time to begin.
Of course, Drik Panchang is a very nice site to check these things.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ganapati at Aup's place:

Eveything OK in Kailas Loka. Brothers Ganapati and Murugan are fine along with their spouses. Lord Murugan was resolving some dispute between his mount Peacock and Shiva's serpents (that is nothing new in Shiva's household). Mother Pavati was preparing Lord Shiva's cocktail, Shiva was in his meditation.
I asked Ganapati to go slow with rain in the sub-continent. He assured me that he will check on that.

Ganapati.jpg

Last edited:

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Ganesha is so kind and friendly. He was the first one who came to me when I began doubting my faith of birth. We share something in common....we both love sweets!