• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gandhis may face arrest

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Gandhis (Sonia and Rahul) face arrest in Associated Journals Limited / Young India Limited case. AJL is a defunct newspaper and Young India is the company which owns it. Gandhis have a 76% share of Young India. AJL lands (worth about USD 250 million) were acquired and used fraudulently (Renting them out which was not permitted). The ownership of Young India also entailed many irregularities including a fictitious USD 11 million loan from Indian National Congress. I do not think political parties in India are allowed to engage in such transactions. Should be clear in a fortnight's time but there is a palpable sensation in the country about it.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Considering Gandhi himself was arrested a lot. Wouldn't this be an acceptable outcome in his eyes?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Considering Gandhi himself was arrested a lot. Wouldn't this be an acceptable outcome in his eyes?
Mahatma Gandhi was a peoples' Gandhi. These Gandhis are a fading political dynasty facing corruption charges. That is a stark difference.

JIMMY12345

Gandhis (Sonia and Rahul) face arrest in Associated Journals Limited / Young India Limited case. AJL is a defunct newspaper and Young India is the company which owns it. Gandhis have a 76% share of Young India. AJL lands (worth about USD 250 million) were acquired and used fraudulently (Renting them out which was not permitted). The ownership of Young India also entailed many irregularities including a fictitious USD 11 million loan from Indian National Congress. I do not think political parties in India are allowed to engage in such transactions. Should be clear in a fortnight's time but there is a palpable sensation in the country about it.
We need more Political parties in India. New ones including business and religious ones.
You could start one you never know you might replace President Modi next.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We need more Political parties in India. New ones including business and religious ones. You could start one you never know you might replace President Modi next.
More political parties! We already have 8 National parties, 54 State parties and 2796 unrecognized parties (though no problem about their participation in elections). And one does not require a party to contest an election, one can try his/her luck as an 'independent candidate'. How many more parties would you like to have?

For example, in the 2014 National elections in Tamilnadu there were 42 candidates for one seat. In such cases, we use multiple electronic voting machines.

Sure, I could start a new one, but I am too old for that (80+). But I do not have much differences with PM Modi's policies. He is utterly honest. He may retire in 2025 after attaining the age of 75. His view is that politicians should retire at that age and give chance to younger people. Furthermore, who will replace Prime Minister Modi has already been sort of settled. It will either be Amit Shah (the current Union Home minister) or Yogi Adityanath (the current Chief Minister of India's largest state, Uttar Pradesh, 220 million people).

220px-Shri_Amit_Shah_taking_charge_as_the_Union_Minister_for_Home_Affairs%2C_in_New_Delhi_on_June_01%2C_2019.jpg
iu

Last edited:

Viswa

Hi...
We need more Political parties in India. New ones including business and religious ones.
You could start one you never know you might replace President Modi next.
I feel only a True King required, rather than a democratic or communist or capitalist parties.
A King, who can revive Manu Dharma, but have a heart to smile and listen to needs of Shudras.
Political parties do whatever so that to get Votebank. More interest in votes rather than people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Reminded me of the Rum Dairies. And if something reminds me of a situation in a Hunter S Thompson novel, the charges of corruption are probably well placed.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Gandhi is a common Hindu name.
Yeah, sure. But these Ghandies paternally belong to Zorastrian stock. Indira Gandhi had married Feroze Jehangir Ghandy. Feroze Gandhi - Wikipedia
He was a nice gentleman and a rebel.

"Feroze soon became a prominent force in his own right, criticizing the government of his father-in-law and beginning a fight against corruption .. In a case exposed by Feroze in December 1955, he revealed how Ram Kishan Dalmia, as chairman of a bank and an insurance company, used these companies to fund his takeover of Bennett and Coleman and started transferring money illegally from publicly held companies for personal benefit.

.. he raised the Haridas Mundhra scandal involving the government controlled LIC insurance company. This was a huge embarrassment to the clean image of Nehru's government and eventually led to the resignation of the Finance Minister T.T. Krishnamachari. His rift with Indira had also become public knowledge by then, and added to the media interest in the matter.

.. starting with the Life Insurance Corporation. At one point he also suggested that TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO) be nationalized since they were charging nearly double the price of a Japanese railway engine. This raised a stir in the Parsi community since the Tatas were also Parsi. He continued challenging the government on a number of other issues, and emerged as a parliamentarian well-respected on both sides of the bench."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I feel only a True King required, rather than a democratic or communist or capitalist parties.
A King, who can revive Manu Dharma, but have a heart to smile and listen to needs of Shudras.
Political parties do whatever so that to get Votebank. More interest in votes rather than people.
Narendra Modi is doing nicely. Democratic, law-abiding (though he is not averse to using loop-holes). He cares for all sections of the society, but as a politician, does need votes in a democracy.

Viswa

Narendra Modi is doing nicely. Democratic, law-abiding (though he is not averse to using loop-holes). He cares for all sections of the society, but as a politician, does need votes in a democracy.

Sorry, I deleted my two previous posts, I am not aware of the norms (implicit) of this political forum. Even this forum might be one-sided and might not be open, I am not aware much of this. Sorry. Thanks for your view.

"Bharat Mata Ki Jai".

JIMMY12345

Mahatma Gandhi was a peoples' Gandhi. These Gandhis are a fading political dynasty facing corruption charges. That is a stark difference.
Agreed Gandhi's present no real alternative.We need a few more new political parties but its to expensive democracy is about money not equality.