• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Games everyone disagrees with you over

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So what are your unpopular gaming opinions? What are some underrated gems? Overhyped games?
I don't know how unpopular this is, but I didn't mind the modern day sections in the AC franchise. The first one didn't age very well IMO. But I do like to occasionally replay 2.

Also I don't much care for the Metal Gear franchise. Though I am open to playing the remasters, I fear I am way too out of the loop story wise on that one.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Fortnite or well any/all of the modern mmo shootemups = hot steaming piles of garbage.

Shad

Veteran Member
So what are your unpopular gaming opinions? What are some underrated gems? Overhyped games?
I don't know how unpopular this is, but I didn't mind the modern day sections in the AC franchise. The first one didn't age very well IMO. But I do like to occasionally replay 2.

Also I don't much care for the Metal Gear franchise. Though I am open to playing the remasters, I fear I am way too out of the loop story wise on that one.

Most of the AAA types have zero appeal so are overrated in my view. FPS games are a non-starter for me. I mean true FPS like Call of Duty stuff.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If 'everyone disagrees with you' about that, I'm afraid you might be hanging around with young people. Always risky, that...

Nah a few of the youtubers I watch for other games also play Fortnite/PuBG etc. I much enjoy watching the let's plays of the other games vs the hot garbage.:D

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Most of the AAA types have zero appeal so are overrated in my view. FPS games are a non-starter for me. I mean true FPS like Call of Duty stuff.
I'm not much a fan for FPS honestly.
What are some games that you think deserve more recognition?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Hmm...one opinion I have that is increasingly unpopular is that playing online with other people blows chunks (generally).

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I didn't mind the modern day sections in the AC franchise.

Good god those are ****. Force you to spend 15 mins doing some lame, menial task that has zero connection to the rest of the game. Could have a 15s cutscreen at the beginning and end for the purpose of narrative if they deemed it necessary.

They are the equivalent of turning on your computer eager to play a game and being hit with a 10gb update instead. Actually, I would prefer to watch the download in progress as at least I don't have to do anything.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Good god those are ****. Force you to spend 15 mins doing some lame, menial task that has zero connection to the rest of the game. Could have a 15s cutscreen at the beginning and end for the purpose of narrative if they deemed it necessary.

They are the equivalent of turning on your computer eager to play a game and being hit with a 10gb update instead. Actually, I would prefer to watch the download in progress as at least I don't have to do anything.
To be clear, I'm talking about the second and Brotherhood and not so much the gameplay. I kind of didn't mind Miles and Lucy. 1 is boring to be sure. It could have been implemented a hell of a lot better though. Like you spend all this time with Ezio, building a connection, only to be forced to spend time in the "modern world" randomly. I liked Sean and Becs. So I get why it's so despised. Maybe the anti hype prepared me too much lol.
Speaking of *** Creed, I've got my eye on Odyssey and heard really good things. I had to uninstall Origins initially because Red Dead II was just too freaking big. So I had to buy an external hard drive lol. Thoughts on the current state of the franchise?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The first three are Solid games are all you really need to play. After that it gets even more out there and far fetched than it was being sci-fi-ish. If nothing else the third one is interesting because it provides a bit of a historical and cultural/technological glace during the height of the Cold War around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. The first one also has one of the hardest boss fights (Psycho Mantis) in all of video gaming if you don't use a cheap method to beat him, and he's also one of the most interesting cut scenes in gaming history. It's also fascinating the way the game communicates seemingly directly to players.
But starting with four it's a mess of silliness and absurdities, complete with apologies from the series creator due to the poorer story quality as the series was never meant to go on as long as it has.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The first three are Solid games are all you really need to play. After that it gets even more out there and far fetched than it was being sci-fi-ish. If nothing else the third one is interesting because it provides a bit of a historical and cultural/technological glace during the height of the Cold War around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. The first one also has one of the hardest boss fights (Psycho Mantis) in all of video gaming if you don't use a cheap method to beat him, and he's also one of the most interesting cut scenes in gaming history. It's also fascinating the way the game communicates seemingly directly to players.
But starting with four it's a mess of silliness and absurdities, complete with apologies from the series creator due to the poorer story quality as the series was never meant to go on as long as it has.
So I take it you weren't a fan of the Phantom Pain? I am willing to give the franchise a shot, since I am a Sci Fi fan.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So I take it you weren't a fan of the Phantom Pain? I am willing to give the franchise a shot, since I am a Sci Fi fan.
Nope. I pretty much lost all interest with four, though I did try a couple later installments. The story line was already very conspiracy theory like, but IMO it got to the point where makes even the most paranoid of NWO Illuminati believers look like sane, rational, logical people.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm not much a fan for FPS honestly.
What are some games that you think deserve more recognition?

Games like Stellaris, Civilization and cRPGS. Although this is, again, really about tastes. I also place more value on games which can be modded and have good game mechanics over visual appeal.

I burned out on FPS games years ago with the whole modern warfare releasing a "new" game every year.

Shad

Veteran Member

Toss in the grind if you didn't do things perfectly from point A to point B.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Games like Stellaris, Civilization and cRPGS. Although this is, again, really about tastes. I also place more value on games which can be modded and have good game mechanics over visual appeal.

I burned out on FPS games years ago with the whole modern warfare releasing a "new" game every year.
I do like a good modded game.
Yeah the fatigue is real. I never saw a lot of innovation in the Modern Warfare games. Maybe at first, but it became a bit like the sports games. Just a shiny new paint job, though the sports games are now little more than tools exploiting people with gambling addictions imo. Not sure if MW has sunk to such lows.

Shad

Veteran Member
I do like a good modded game.

For some games mods provide a new life. Heck Sim settlements and it's associated addons for FO4 has kept me playing the game for awhile now.

Yeah the fatigue is real. I never saw a lot of innovation in the Modern Warfare games. Maybe at first, but it became a bit like the sports games.

Yes I can see the comparison. Heck some of the sports games are just bug fixes from the previous edition. Although I do buy sports games myself I tend to put a good 3-4 year gap between "editions". Usually the rosters are updated for a good 3 years which makes it easy to ignore the yearly releases.

Just a shiny new paint job, though the sports games are now little more than tools exploiting people with gambling addictions imo. Not sure if MW has sunk to such lows.

New paint, new items, new cheers, nothing about the game mechanics itself. MW went that low when I quit playing. Pretty much DLC sold as if a full game itself.