• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gamers, are you sold on Mario Kart Home Circuit?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I thought I'd ask since the game comes out in 2 days.

I've thought of buying it but may not. It may require me rearranging my living room or putting the Nintendo Switch in the basement.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I've thought of buying it but may not. It may require me rearranging my living room or putting the Nintendo Switch in the basement.
I have not looked in to mario kart home yet, but i play mario kart 8 delux version on my switch light :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't do Nintendo. I haven't done Nintendo since... mm... well, technically the only systems of theirs I actually owned were the original GameBoy and GameBoy Advance. I did play the original Mario Cart a few times at a friend's house. I'm not interested in racing games as a general rule, and this one didn't become an exception. And while the concept of this new game is kind of neat, it's not something I want sitting around my house much less buy a new game system for. I'm almost completely positive some relatives are going to get it and have a blast with it though.

A Vestigial Mote

I watched the ad, and while the tech is pretty neat, I have to say that one of the main charms of Mario Kart for me was always the fantastical track design. This makes it look like all it will provide access to are the most boring, flat tracks you could imagine - based on... your [insert boring space in your home] room. Unless there is a solid game beyond this dash-cam, RC-style novelty idea, I wouldn't see a point in buying it, to be honest.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I watched the ad, and while the tech is pretty neat, I have to say that one of the main charms of Mario Kart for me was always the fantastical track design. This makes it look like all it will provide access to are the most boring, flat tracks you could imagine. Unless there is a solid game beyond this dash-cam, RC-style novelty idea, I wouldn't see a point in buying it, to be honest.

Not to mention, the 'game' will be $100, and also may have no resell value if you don't like it as the game itself is digital and not a cartridge. You're paying for the other stuff.

Just providing some food for thought.

A Vestigial Mote

Not to mention, the 'game' will be $100, and also may have no resell value if you don't like it as the game itself is digital and not a cartridge. You're paying for the other stuff.

Just providing some food for thought.
Yeah, those would be stumbling blocks for me as well. You're definitely stuck footing the bill for the 2 (or more?) mechanized "karts".

Other things I thought of - if kids are the main market (which may not necessarily be the case), how many kids keep a room clean enough to execute a kart track within? And if they don't do it in their own room, how many parents are going to want the rooms of their house commandeered for some length of play? With those little karts racing around, its not like you'd be able to efficiently use the space for anything else. And lastly, I have to wonder how those things handle carpet...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Mario Kart Wii is fun. Beyond that I have not ventured. Before Mark Kart I played Revolt on PC. Revolt had a similar premise racing RC cars that hadsimilar (almost identical weapons) to Mark Kart. Actually I suspect Maro Kart copied Revolt, but that didn't matter. Mart Kart was different enough that it was its own game.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Mario Kart Wii is fun. Beyond that I have not ventured. Before Mark Kart I played Revolt on PC. Revolt had a similar premise racing RC cars that hadsimilar (almost identical weapons) to Mark Kart. Actually I suspect Maro Kart copied Revolt, but that didn't matter. Mart Kart was different enough that it was its own game.

Mario Kart Wii was a really good game. I don't feel the one after that, Mario Kart 8, reached the same caliber, even if it came close and had much better graphics.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not big on kart games. Exceptions are VR and those with popular avatars. Let fav for me were the games Southpark on Dreamcast and Cartoon Network kart racing.

A Vestigial Mote

Some useful reading material which I feel is both fair and also paints the game as not something I'm quite looking for exactly:

4 Reasons You Should Play ‘Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit’ And 4 Reasons You Should Wait
Definitely a fair review, and all of it I would have expected. The only thing I didn't consider was the idea of real-life obstacles being obstacles in the game also. That does add at least a bit of an extra dimension to it all, and I could see that being somewhat fun. I wonder what it would do with an incline or some kind of bank? It would likely take it in stride, as long as the real-world kart didn't tip over or something. Funny how he mentions that the kart IRL sort of seems like it is just putting along, but that it looks like it is going super fast in-game. This is likely just a parallax "trick." When you're a mile away from the tree in the field, passing it at 60 MPH, it appears to move by very slowly, but when you're right next to it on the edge of the road, it's gone in a flash.