• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game: People are strange

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
... maybe this thread was not a good idea ...
I disagree....I find it entertaining....I bet others do as well...You mentioned your Jewish family....I'm not Jewish but when I was a member of a large gymnasium that had extensive equipment, basketball court, running track and a swimming pool one of my habits was to rest after a workout on the balcony that was above the swimming pool...Older Jewish male members would play cards on the balcony and their banter and teasing of one another was more than entertaining. They were like a vaudeville act...It's just a fond memory...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Like I said previously I come from a big family. One of our cousins used to work at the Baldwin piano company in Cincinnati Ohio. Seeing that there was a lot of scrap wood, my cousin made use of the scrap to make custom side tables with very intricate overlaid design on the top. Each of these tables went to one of his brothers and sisters. ( I don't know how many siblings he had, I think it was around 10 or 11 ). My Dad has one of these tables. Before retiring, my Dad was an HVAC contractor. During a service call in northern Kentucky he saw one of these tables in a client's home. After a bit of discussion, it turns out we had some relatives we never knew about in the area.

Something similar happened after my wife and I moved across the country away from Cincinnati. My Dad did some research and located some distant relatives in a rural area about 3 hours from our new home. During a visit, my parents, my wife and kids and I took a trip to the country to meet these distant relatives. And there in the sitting room was one of these side tables.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said previously I come from a big family. One of our cousins used to work at the Baldwin piano company in Cincinnati Ohio. Seeing that there was a lot of scrap wood, my cousin made use of the scrap to make custom side tables with very intricate overlaid design on the top. Each of these tables went to one of his brothers and sisters. ( I don't know how many siblings he had, I think it was around 10 or 11 ). My Dad has one of these tables. Before retiring, my Dad was an HVAC contractor. During a service call in northern Kentucky he saw one of these tables in a client's home. After a bit of discussion, it turns out we had some relatives we never knew about in the area.

Something similar happened after my wife and I moved across the country away from Cincinnati. My Dad did some research and located some distant relatives in a rural area about 3 hours from our new home. During a visit, my parents, my wife and kids and I took a trip to the country to meet these distant relatives. And there in the sitting room was one of these side tables.
That's very impressive!

I moved out when I was 17. The first house I moved into was shared with my friend and her husband. They were a little older than I, and a bit better established. They provided the living room furniture. There was one chair that became 'my' chair. I'm fairly sure my butt imprints were stuck in it... I can no longer remember why I wasn't able to take it with me when we departed ways, but they ended up donating it to a thrift shop.

A few years later, I was invited into the apartment another friend shared with his father. I walked in and... there was my chair. "Where did you get that?" I asked him. He told me his father had bought it at the thrift store...

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't have many interesting stories about furniture, but here's one!

When I was about six years old, we lived in Japan. My mom was 5'10" so she was never "into" Japanese men since most of them were so much shorter than her. But one day, we got our handmade Yamaha piano delivered to the house and the Japanese man who came with it was apparently drop dead gorgeous. I mean, he didn't actually come WITH the piano but he came on the delivery! Anyway, my mom was on the phone and she was so smitten with this man's good looks that she forgot the person on the other end of the phone line for a very long time. They were still there when she finally remembered them and I remember her saying "My goodness, that man is so handsome I just forgot completely about you or where I was or anything!" I remember thinking to myself, "He wasn't THAT good looking!" LOL but hey, I was six.