• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game: Learn From My Mistake

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
This game is called: Learn From My Mistake. RF'ers are invited to share advice which begins with the words: "Learn from my mistake ... " Bonus points for elaborating on the details of the actual story behind the lesson learned.

Example: Learn from my mistake, don't try to take a jar of peanut butter thru TSA in your carry-on....

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake Dont get a pet Rabbit for your kids if you can only keep it indoors it pool's and pee's all over digs of rugs and chews all wood it can get to.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Learn from my mistake: Never kick a vampire in the balls.

I had just taken a new medicine that must have messed with my REM sleep paralysis. When I was attacked by a vampire in a dream, I kicked him between the legs, hard. I awoke from the pain in my foot with which I had kicked the wall, hard.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake: Never kick a vampire in the balls.

I had just taken a new medicine that must have messed with my REM sleep paralysis. When I was attacked by a vampire in a dream, I kicked him between the legs, hard. I awoke from the pain in my foot with which I had kicked the wall, hard.

Then again maybe it wasn't a dream. Maybe it was a real vampire and you had discovered his secret weakness. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake: never light a match right after cleaning your hands with 91% rubbing alcohol.

(lit up the whole forest and I sprained both of my wrists shaking it out).

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Learn from my mistake: never light a match right after cleaning your hands with 91% rubbing alcohol.

(lit up the whole forest and I sprained both of my wrists shaking it out).
That's awesome...
...you sanitized yourself with fire and dancing.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Learn from my mistake: If you have a crush on someone, don't camp out on their doorstep with a rose waiting to surprise them on their way out in the morning. When I did this, the police were called. True story, I was in Jr. High school at the time.

:relaxed:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake.....
Always read the label on the tube of toothpaste before applying & brushing.
It just might be toe fungus creme.
On the plus side, I've since then never had toe fungus on my choppers.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake: If you have a crush on someone, don't camp out on their doorstep with a rose waiting to surprise them on their way out in the morning. When I did this, the police were called. True story, I was in Jr. High school at the time.

:relaxed:

Most cops just don't appreciate true romance.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Learn from my mistake.

A long time ago, my then-boyfriend was a wee bit tipsy when we went to bed, and at one point said "I've got to pee," in a boozy voice. "Well, you know where it is," says I, and sure enough, he gets up, walks around the end of the bed, lifts the glass top on the little table by my side, and pees on the rug.

Never assume the drunk actually knows where the toilet really is...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Learn from my mistake: Be sure to get waivers from your employees before sending them on a staff retreat.... that's serving alcohol... and where the employees are sharing rooms.