• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G-d has himself defined amply about Him

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
One may like to read my post #39 in another thread:

I am an Ahmadiyya Muslim, we Muslims don't have to define G-d ourselves, and we don't accept definition of others about our G-d, as G-d has amply defined Himself in many a verses of the pristine and secure Quran. Others may define their concepts of God/gods for themselves, but these are not binding for us and cannot stand before them in reason.
This is what I believe sincerely, others are welcome to differ with me with reason and arguments, if any, or without. Right, please?
Regards

And Post #41:

Atheism being a non-organized position/no-position ,I observe, every person belonging to Atheism is on its own, so he can define Atheism for his own self only, not binding on other Atheists or other Believers. Right, please?
Regards

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I am an Ahmadiyya Muslim, we Muslims don't have to define G-d ourselves, and we don't accept definition of others about our G-d, as G-d has amply defined Himself in many a verses of the pristine and secure Quran. Others may define their concepts of God/gods for themselves, but these are not binding for us and cannot stand before them in reason.
This is what I believe sincerely, others are welcome to differ with me with reason and arguments, if any, or without. Right, please?
Regards

Your god that you believe in has said some words that were recorded by man in a book, AFAIK the quran was written down a long time after Muhammeds death and then standardised by uthman,at no point in your quran is there anything to suggest that they are the words of an all singing all dancing god, so the problem with your gods words is they were written by men.

james blunt

Regards

And Post #41:

Atheism being a non-organized position/no-position ,I observe, every person belonging to Atheism is on its own, so he can define Atheism for his own self only, not binding on other Atheists or other Believers. Right, please?
Regards
Doesn't the Quran offer people to challenge the truths of the Quran?

Must you accept truths ?
Are truths not truths ?
Lying is not truth's

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Your god that you believe in has said some words that were recorded by man in a book, AFAIK the quran was written down a long time after Muhammeds death and then standardised by uthman,at no point in your quran is there anything to suggest that they are the words of an all singing all dancing god, so the problem with your gods words is they were written by men.
Primarily Quran is a verbal narration from G-d, and it was written down by the scribes immediately as a second measure for security. The primary Narration from G-d to Muhammad to his followers, to generation after generation among Muslims, is continued till today, while the second measure is also there, intact. Uthman did not standardize the Holy Narration , because it was already standardized by Muhammad in its present form, with absolutely no change, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Doesn't the Quran offer people to challenge the truths of the Quran?

Must you accept truths ?
Are truths not truths ?
Lying is not truth's
There is no compulsion to believe in it. Please try to read it intently from cover to cover and then of course one could ask questions, and even in Muhammad's time people asked the questions and were replied. Many of such questions are recorded in Quran, please.
Regards

james blunt

There is no compulsion to believe in it. Please try to read it intently from cover to cover and then of course one could ask questions, and even in Muhammad's time people asked the questions and were replied. Many of such questions are recorded in Quran, please.
Regards
The specific content I am referring to is this :

23. And if you are in doubt about what We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like these, and call your witnesses apart from God, if you are truthful.

That which allows all to exist within and that which cannot be created or destroyed, for that is lord.
For the unbelievers write a chapter of truth like this , proving this chapter false.
You cannot speak words of truth like me and lord is everywhere,
Lord is space.
I reveal these words of truth this day , for I know what is certain.

Last edited by a moderator:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The specific content I am referring to is this :

That which allows all to exist within and that which cannot be created or destroyed, for that is lord.
For the unbelievers write a chapter of truth like this , proving this chapter false.
You cannot speak words of truth like me and lord is everywhere,
Lord is space.
I reveal these words of truth this day , for I know what is certain.
Please provide the complete reference like Chapter: Verse.
Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Primarily Quran is a verbal narration from G-d, and it was written down by the scribes immediately as a second measure for security. The primary Narration from G-d to Muhammad to his followers, to generation after generation among Muslims, is continued till today, while the second measure is also there, intact. Uthman did not standardize the Holy Narration , because it was already standardized by Muhammad in its present form, with absolutely no change, please.

Regards

0k it was an oral tradition until written down but the one who started the oral tradition, was a man so just like the Bible there is no evidence to suggest its anything other than man a man made belief system.
As for uthman there's some controversy there like the satanic verses being removed or rather Muhammed said Satan tricked him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Voice of God only comes through scriptures, IMB.
It's kind of ironic then since the scriptures don't ever show God acting in that way. It effectively nullifies its content as genuine since God clearly lost the ability to speak making it no better or worse than any other God for which people claim God speaks in their minds.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's kind of ironic then since the scriptures don't ever show God acting in that way. It effectively nullifies its content as genuine since God clearly lost the ability to speak making it no better or worse than any other God for which people claim God speaks in their minds.
I did not say that all scriptures are the Voice of God.
Some of them are just someone writing about God...
I do not think that any scriptures describe how God acts...
Nobody knows how God acts. :rolleyes:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
In other words.. You have no intention of considering arguments, except to deny them, by default, in favor of the Quran.

1) Allah cannot be all-powerful, if you have free will.

2) Allah cannot be all-knowing, if you have free will.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
G-d has himself defined amply about Him, if others could lend their ears. Right, please?
Regards
Wrong.
Humans commonly claim to have the true definition of God. When I don't find their definition credible, or even rational, they prefer to believe that the problem is me. It's not. It's them.

Tom

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How did God talk to people prior to the invention of writing?
God could still reveal Himself to a Prophet, even if there was no way to write it down. God has sent Prophets from the dawn of human history, but there is really no way to know about the Prophets that preceded Adam.

“And now regarding thy question, “How is it that no records are to be found concerning the Prophets that have preceded Adam, the Father of Mankind, or of the kings that lived in the days of those Prophets?” Know thou that the absence of any reference to them is no proof that they did not actually exist. That no records concerning them are now available, should be attributed to their extreme remoteness, as well as to the vast changes which the earth hath undergone since their time.

Moreover such forms and modes of writing as are now current amongst men were unknown to the generations that were before Adam. There was even a time when men were wholly ignorant of the art of writing, and had adopted a system entirely different from the one which they now use. For a proper exposition of this an elaborate explanation would be required.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 172-173
Not even prophets, then.
Correct. Not even Prophets know how God acts. Every way is barred to the comprehension of God.

“Nay, forbid it, O my God, that I should have uttered such words as must of necessity imply the existence of any direct relationship between the Pen of Thy Revelation and the essence of all created things. Far, far are They Who are related to Thee above the conception of such relationship! All comparisons and likenesses fail to do justice to the Tree of Thy Revelation, and every way is barred to the comprehension of the Manifestation of Thy Self and the Day Spring of Thy Beauty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4