• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Future of religions

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh you're talking about for punishment yeah that's another ball game. But I guess I could say to you
If murder never happened in the first place we wouldn't have to worry about it would we?

I think the world will always produce people that choose not to follow the given laws.

Regards Tony

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Nice outlook

Its what comes as a result of that destruction that is a "nice outlook".....After the storm, everything is washed clean....

When Christ comes as judge, he will give a free pass into the "new earth" to those whose faith was not compromised by the false worship that was introduced by God's enemy. (2 Peter 3:13) Remember that Jesus said that "the meek will inherit the earth"?....that is what he meant.

God created humans to live on earth, not heaven.

When you consider that "the whole world" was 'handed over' to this pretender (Luke 4:6; 1 John 5:19) so that he could prove his case...that humans are better off making their own decisions and not listening to God, you will see that we lost a lot at the very start. Gratefully Jesus Christ came to give his life so that faithful ones can be taken back to the paradise conditions that our first parents lost for us.

Then for the first time, all humans on earth will worship the same God and believe the same things as one united human race. All evil, and those who practice it will be gone, and a new world of peace and security will replace the miserable attempts at self rule that humans have been failing at for millennia.

Revelation 21:2-4....
"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.

This is what we can look forward to.....isn't that a nice outlook?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Its what comes as a result of that destruction that is a "nice outlook".....After the storm, everything is washed clean....

When Christ comes as judge, he will give a free pass into the "new earth" to those whose faith was not compromised by the false worship that was introduced by God's enemy. (2 Peter 3:13) Remember that Jesus said that "the meek will inherit the earth"?....that is what he meant.

God created humans to live on earth, not heaven.

When you consider that "the whole world" was 'handed over' to this pretender (Luke 4:6; 1 John 5:19) so that he could prove his case...that humans are better off making their own decisions and not listening to God, you will see that we lost a lot at the very start. Gratefully Jesus Christ came to give his life so that faithful ones can be taken back to the paradise conditions that our first parents lost for us.

Then for the first time, all humans on earth will worship the same God and believe the same things as one united human race. All evil, and those who practice it will be gone, and a new world of peace and security will replace the miserable attempts at self rule that humans have been failing at for millennia.

Revelation 21:2-4....
"I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.

This is what we can look forward to.....isn't that a nice outlook?

As my JW friend I have discussed on many occasions, I say to him we are so close to saying the same thing, except yet so far in our frames of references.

From the point of view I have seen, what you have offered, is happening.

Regards Tony

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The Bible teaches that by the end of the days there shall be 2 GROUPS of people. One at the left and one at the right side of Jesus.
Read Matthew 25:31-46. And this people are the one of Revelation 12:17 and 14:12.
You’re right!
But actually, there are three groups Jesus mentions in Matthew 25: his “brothers” is the third.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
What do you think will become of major religions in the future? Will they change into something different? Will they die out? Will new ones form?

I would hope that most religions would become softer and the more fundamentalist versions to die out, such that they tended to become more agreeable even if they didn't die out completely. The trend might be for the numbers of religious believers overall to be increasing at the moment, and perhaps for some time, but I think that the trend seen in so many developed countries for such to decline will eventually spread to the rest of the world, if they become as wealthy, educated, and as free in what they are able to believe and/or do. I can't see any inclination for those in developed countries to go back to religions, and if it is down to numbers of births as to why numbers believing in such is likely to increase then this could follow the pattern of lower births eventually as in the industrialised nations - which appears to be the case.

On top of this, if we will eventually have less passing on of religions - more freedom from such for children - then the change will happen a lot faster. Since this is where much of the continuation stems from - the rights of parents to pass on such over the rights of the child not to be indoctrinated.

Of course immigration might upset some of this.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I can think of one thing that would probably kill off most religions: If this reality is a computer simulation (and that's a big "if") and everyone in this reality were to suddenly learn that their reality is simulated then I think that news would put an end to most of the world's religions. Which is why knowledge of the simulated nature of this reality must for the time being be kept hidden, in the shadows. Known only to elites and madmen. A hidden truth, derided as insane and the preserve of lunatics. But nonetheless true.
It seems to me that in that case, the opposite will be true. If it turns out that what we call "reality" is "just" a computer-style simulation, then people will call the creator(s) of that simulation to be god(s).

In fact......................... such a discovery would demonstrate that "reality" is a created something by some entity.

So, really, it would only confirm to the religious that reality is a thing created by an extremely intelligent entity.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Good morning Aupmanyav, I hope you are safe, well and happy.

I see the world is currently in the process of trying to replace God given ways, with what man thinks is best. Look at the world and the politics and one sees it is obvious there is no model that anyone can pursue that will achieve the unity of mankind.

As you are aware, a way to unite has been offered and I see a time is approaching when the governments of the world will adopt that model.

For most of us it will not be an easy transition, but that is what Faith is about, bringing the best from ourselves. Doing good for all, over preference of self.

Regards Tony

Translation: if everyone would agree on the same religion, then humanity will be united.

Kind of stating the obvious... sure, if everyone agrees then everyone will agree.

There's a flaw here. You still invoke "faith" as a means of agreement. That will never happen. Because on faith, you can believe literally anything.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You're mistaken. If religion had never existed, we humans would still have nations, races, tribes and other group attachments to separate us.

Arrogance: Our group is superior to their group! is the enemy within us not religion.

If you want to say that religion was PART of the problem or was NOT part of the solution. I'd agree.

Religion is inherently divisive and just another manifestation of tribalism.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
As my JW friend I have discussed on many occasions, I say to him we are so close to saying the same thing, except yet so far in our frames of references.

From the point of view I have seen, what you have offered, is happening.

Yes, it is happening....a change is sweeping the world, the likes of which we have never seen before. These are unprecedented times. Never before have so many nations been so hard hit by severe economic crisis, horrendous natural disasters, violent political unrest in nation after nation, pandemics that have the ability to spread rapidly in populations. So many wonder if we can ever go back to "normal"....or if this is our new "normal"? :(

We believe that it is heralding the end of this totally corrupt, man-made system of governments, and leading the faithful back to God....but it has to get worse before it gets better.

We see that it is God's wisdom at work. He could have just eliminated all the rebels at the start, but he chose to allow them to see for themselves what stepping out from under God's protection would mean in real terms. People wonder why their prayers go unanswered.....but they don't know why we are going through this test of our faith.....and what keeping the faith means for our future. God's Kingdom will "come"....but not in the way that many expect. (Daniel 2:44)

What we have experienced in the last 12 months has been a 'Job-like' set of trials, with one monumental hit after another. The Bible says that only the faithful will be left standing when all the elements of this world who are against God, will be destroyed.

It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.....but we will not have to do a thing....just keep the faith. This is not our fight....and the Kingdom is not of our making. That is how we see it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That makes no sense, as it requires that there is God to have God's ways, but you don't believe in that.

He is obviously referring to the "god's ways" that have been claimed in the various religions.

You don't need to be a christian, or theist full stop, to be able to talk about or refer to the "god's ways" of the christian god, as it is described in the christian bible.

Could you please learn that religion is a human behavior and natural and treat it as a subset of human psychology?

Just because it can be seen as a subset of human psychology, doesn't make it a good thing, nore truthfull.

Cognition errors, magical thinking, seeking patterns where there aren't any, superstition, ... etc are all part of human psychology, but all of them result believing falsehoods.

The challenge is to be aware of our tendency to engage in such brain failures and try and avoid them.

I hate it when atheists treat religion as special negative and unnatural category in itself. That would mean that religion is actually supernatural. :D

Or maybe, just maybe, this is another thing that you misunderstand. I have never seen an atheist make such claims - and neither is the poster you are responding to. So I can only wonder why you brought it up.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yes, it is happening....a change is sweeping the world, the likes of which we have never seen before. These are unprecedented times. Never before have so many nations been so hard hit by severe economic crisis, horrendous natural disasters, violent political unrest in nation after nation, pandemics that have the ability to spread rapidly in populations. So many wonder if we can ever go back to "normal"....or if this is our new "normal"? :(

We believe that it is heralding the end of this totally corrupt, man-made system of governments, and leading the faithful back to God....but it has to get worse before it gets better.

We see that it is God's wisdom at work. He could have just eliminated all the rebels at the start, but he chose to allow them to see for themselves what stepping out from under God's protection would mean in real terms. People wonder why their prayers go unanswered.....but they don't know why we are going through this test of our faith.....and what keeping the faith means for our future. God's Kingdom will "come"....but not in the way that many expect. (Daniel 2:44)

What we have experienced in the last 12 months has been a 'Job-like' set of trials, with one monumental hit after another. The Bible says that only the faithful will be left standing when all the elements of this world who are against God, will be destroyed.

It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.....but we will not have to do a thing....just keep the faith. This is not our fight....and the Kingdom is not of our making. That is how we see it.

People have made this speech throughout history whenever there were some hard times to go through. They were wrong then, just like you are wrong now. Every single generations since ancient times had its doomsday proponents claiming that "the end is near".

What you say is just false. Although there are certainly challenges at the moment, it is absolutely preposterous to say that these are "the hardest times ever".

Absolutely not. While the covid crisis is hurting people and economies, the truth is that in pure numbers, not all that many people will have lost their lives at the end of the road. The amount of confirmed infections is even only but a fraction of the deadly victims of the spanish flu back in the day, which even hit right after a world war, in a world that was shattered and burned to the ground as a result of that war.

Those were MUCH MUCH MUCH harder times then today. And as if that wasn't enough, it was immediatly followed by MUCH BIGGER political unrest then anything we know today, what with the rise of fascism and nazi's. And as if that wasn't enough, a brutal massive world war followed which included one war crime after another, attempted genocide in the most gruesome ways, etc....

Our lives today are a walk in the park compared to the situation from 1914 till 1945 - and then there was also a few years of having to live with the results of those brutal, bloody decades.

Your argument makes zero sense if we compare our world today to those 30-ish years in the 20th century.
2 massive world wars with millions upon millions of deaths and a pandemic that killed countless millions as well.

Ask anybody if they would rather be alive today or during those 30-ish years. Do you think ANYONE would choose those 30-ish years? Maybe those with a death-wish. Because they to will understand how much better and safer being alive is today.

You should think it through.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Translation: if everyone would agree on the same religion, then humanity will be united.

Kind of stating the obvious... sure, if everyone agrees then everyone will agree.

There's a flaw here. You still invoke "faith" as a means of agreement. That will never happen. Because on faith, you can believe literally anything.

If see the Key is that there is only one God, as such, it is only self pride that would make it difficult for us to unite.

I see humanity is currently learning that we are one people on one planet and when we learn this, the Oneness of God will also become a reality.

Regards Tony

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If see the Key is that there is only one God, as such, it is only self pride that would make it difficult for us to unite.

It doesn't matter how many gods there are or aren't.
The point is that if one has to rely on "faith" to believe, then there is no way that all humans will every agree, because faith is a BAD reason to believe anything. You can believe ANYTHING on faith.

It's just not going to happen.
I see humanity is currently learning that we are one people on one planet and when we learn this, the Oneness of God will also become a reality.

Realising that we are all part of the family Homo Sapiens and that we have this one earth to share and to take care of, by no means leads to believing in "one god". Two completely different things that have nothing to do with eachother.

For starters, the reality of one people / one planet is just as compatible with multiple gods or no gods at all.

Again: if "faith" has to be invoked, there will never be global agreement.