• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Future of religions

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think only Christianity will survive and all the rest of religions will die out. What do you think?
If only one religion is going to survive, then it will be the one doing the most breeding. That would probably be Islam, as things are going right now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What do you think will become of major religions in the future? Will they change it to something different? Will they die out? Will new ones form?

Religion is in decline for the first time in thousands of years. The causes? Improved communication, freedom of knowledge, the willingness to question.

These impediments to religion are not going to go away, so i see the decline continuing.

Religions will have less and less adherents as the older, dedicated people die and the younger generation will be reluctant to fill the empty seats.

Over time religion fade to just a few centres of worship or disappear.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
What do you think will become of major religions in the future? Will they change it to something different? Will they die out? Will new ones form?
New religions are formed constantly.

But most will fade out and disappear, or fade to only the tiniest number of believers. How many today believe in Jupiter as a god?

Few beliefs stand the test of time.

What is false is slowly disproven -- and gradually people realize it is false, and it fades away.

But what is true appeals widely and spreads over time.

Like truths in science, truths in religion endure, and awareness of them spreads.

There is a reason Christianity has continued through the centuries, and appeals to people from every area around the world, always winning new converts.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think those that can adapt to science, to newfound wisdom, will survive. Dogmatic ones, stuck in unchangeable books, will disappear. People are just collectively getting too smart for that. It'll hang on for awhile though, maybe 200 to 300 years.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Religion is in decline for the first time in thousands of years. The causes? Improved communication, freedom of knowledge, the willingness to question.

These impediments to religion are not going to go away, so i see the decline continuing.

Religions will have less and less adherents as the older, dedicated people die and the younger generation will be reluctant to fill the empty seats.

Over time religion fade to just a few centres of worship or disappear.

The observable change we see is accelerating as we speak. Buildings sit empty.

King Phenomenon

I think those that can adapt to science, to newfound wisdom, will survive. Dogmatic ones, stuck in unchangeable books, will disappear. People are just collectively getting too smart for that. It'll hang on for awhile though, maybe 200 to 300 years.
I don't know though Christianity appeals to a lot of people. I think most Christians realize that it's not 100% accurate and has its downfalls but comes the closest to the truth in certain areas.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the likely scenario is massive death everywhere because of a newer more potent virus which will wipe out Earth's human population everywhere but in New Zealand. So what religions do they have, there? Those are the future.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't know though Christianity appeals to a lot of people. I think most Christians realize that it's not 100% accurate and has its downfalls but comes the closest to the truth in certain areas.
You live in the States. Try Europe.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

The Bible itself predicts the end of all religions as they stand today. Religion is the most divisive element in this world, dividing and separating mankind, even among sects of their own faiths.

God's command to his people is to "get out of her" before he executes his judgment on her. (Revelation 18:4-5)?

The Revelation identifies a "harlot" called "Babylon the great" that is completely destroyed by the political elements of the world, despite a very "intimate" relationship them. But after the deed is done, the world rulers and the commercial interests of the world mourn her passing.

And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’”Revelation 18:9, 10.

"The traveling merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and will weep and mourn, saying, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, clothed with fine linen and purple and scarlet, and richly adorned with gold ornament and precious stone and pearl, because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’” (Revelation 18:15-17a)

She was actually good for business for both of them. God doesn't lament her passing however because he is the one who put it into their minds to carry out his execution. She is disgusting to him.

This harlot is called "Babylon the great" because she encompasses all the religions whose beliefs and practices can be traced back to original Babylon....the launching pad of all false worship, spread abroad in the earth when God confused the language of Babylon's builders. (Genesis 11:1-9)

We believe that this destruction is looming as we speak.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

The Bible itself predicts the end of all religions as they stand today. Religion is the most divisive element in this world, dividing and separating mankind, even among sects of their own faiths.

God's command to his people is to "get out of her" before he executes his judgment on her. (Revelation 18:4-5)?

The Revelation identifies a "harlot" called "Babylon the great" that is completely destroyed by the political elements of the world, despite a very "intimate" relationship them. But after the deed is done, the world rulers and the commercial interests of the word mourn her passing.

And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’”Revelation 18:9, 10.

"The traveling merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and will weep and mourn, saying, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, clothed with fine linen and purple and scarlet, and richly adorned with gold ornament and precious stone and pearl, because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’” (Revelation 18:15-17a)

She was actually good for business for both of them. God doesn't lament her passing however because he is the one who put it into their minds to carry out his execution. She is disgusting to him.

This harlot is called "Babylon the great" because she encompasses all the religions whose beliefs and practices can be traced back to original Babylon....the launching pad of all false worship, spread abroad in the earth when God confused the language of Babylon's builders. (Genesis 11:1-9)

We believe that this destruction is looming as we speak.
Nice outlook

Pipiripi

End Times Prophecy.
The Bible teaches that by the end of the days there shall be 2 GROUPS of people. One at the left and one at the right side of Jesus.
Read Matthew 25:31-46. And this people are the one of Revelation 12:17 and 14:12.

firedragon

Veteran Member
What do you think will become of major religions in the future? Will they change into something different? Will they die out? Will new ones form?

Hinduism will be one of the most stable religions in the world. It will not grow much, but will be as steady as an oak for at least another 80 years. Islam will grow to overtake Christianity In numbers in about half a century. Hinduism will overtake "Unaffiliated" due to its steadiness.

PEW.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
The observable change we see is accelerating as we speak. Buildings sit empty.
That's an encouraging change to many believers, as decades ago we would notice many in church didn't believe, and today those have largely departed at least in many churches (such as the less political), leaving the actual believers, who are about the same numbers as before, it feels like. This is based in me asking hundreds of people probing questions over decades of time in at least a dozen churches. It's also just as in the new testament, and just as Christ said it would be, interestingly.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you think will become of major religions in the future? Will they change into something different? Will they die out? Will new ones form?

The answer to this question I see has been given in detail, in the writings of the Bab, and Baha'u'llah.

The way I see it, is that all religions will realise they have found their fulfilment in the Message of Baha'u'llah and as such, humanity will come to see the Truth that is given in all God given Faiths.

The immediate future I see will be one of extensive change, the Old World Order is defective and will be replaced by a New World Order.

Regards Tony