• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Further Proof That Dem's Support Illegal's Who Are Committing Crimesr

esmith

Veteran Member
It appears that there are seems to be poison pills in the border security bill. One in particular that can prevent a criminal, say like a drug smuggler, or child trafficker being deported. How you ask? Well read this one section of the bill: Source
The Department of Homeland Security would be prohibited from detaining or deporting the sponsors of children who crossed the border without adults. Those children are sometimes placed with family members who are not in the country legally. The prohibition follows reports that the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, was sharing data with the Department of Homeland Security when it placed an unaccompanied immigrant child with family.

I know, how does this possibly protect a non-citizen who has broken the law? Simple read the highlighted portion above.
How or who determines if a person is a "sponsor"?
Now this could have happened accidentally by those who really did not contemplate what it says or how it could be abused. But we see this all the time by Congress critters.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Key word "refugee." Different rules apply, especially when they're trying to enter America legally.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure you can't say Poof on RF, its a form of hate speech

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There seems to be quite a disconnect between the OP and what the article actually focuses in on, the latter of which largely is a criticism of the Trump administration's near complete screw-up on this border issue.

Shad

Veteran Member
Where do you find the word "refugee"?

Refugee is not part of the relevant law. Ignore the user that babbles about something they never read. The law is about unaccompanied children being placed under a guardian be it a person or government. A child is not going to be deported when there is no family to transfer the child to. Likewise the government is not going to release a child into the public on their own.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Refugee is not part of the relevant law. Ignore the user that babbles about something they never read. The law is about unaccompanied children being placed under a guardian be it a person or government. A child is not going to be deported when there is no family to transfer the child to. Likewise the government is not going to release a child into the public on their own.
So now we're referring to children and not 'drug smugglers and human traffickers?' You guys need to get your stories straight.

I dare you to post the RW source where you found this. You won't. And no, USA today isn't what I'm referring to. None of you read USA today.

dfnj

It appears that there are seems to be poison pills in the border security bill. One in particular that can prevent a criminal, say like a drug smuggler, or child trafficker being deported. How you ask? Well read this one section of the bill: Source
The Department of Homeland Security would be prohibited from detaining or deporting the sponsors of children who crossed the border without adults. Those children are sometimes placed with family members who are not in the country legally. The prohibition follows reports that the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services, was sharing data with the Department of Homeland Security when it placed an unaccompanied immigrant child with family.

I know, how does this possibly protect a non-citizen who has broken the law? Simple read the highlighted portion above.
How or who determines if a person is a "sponsor"?
Now this could have happened accidentally by those who really did not contemplate what it says or how it could be abused. But we see this all the time by Congress critters.

I'm so sick of right wing hate posts trying to rationalize why non-citizens do not have any legal rights. The way children have been separated from their parents is awful and immoral.

We are people first. We are Earthlings first. We are not the country we come from. Just give the 20 million immigrants working here a clear path to citizenship. If someone contributes to payroll taxes for 10 years I say they just make citizen. If some foreigner gets a college degree from any US college automatically give them citizenship upon graduation. We need to return back to having human decency in this country.

Too much hate mongering! Too much scapegoating for political gain! We need to stop hating other people based on arbitrary distinctions.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Another person that never read the bill they are babble about. Read the relevant laws and try again. Alternatively I can spoon feed you information you can easily find yourself
I have no idea what you think you're talking about, but I wasn't talking about the bill.

Shad

Veteran Member
I have no idea what you think you're talking about, but I wasn't talking about the bill.

Except your comment only makes sense if our previous disagreement were anything along the lines of a law rather than a non-science claims about gender. Considering I am right about the law which you can look up yourself you are just babble over a holdup you had with me in another thread. Yawn.

Do you know the difference between a legislation act creating law and science? Get back to me when you figure this out.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm so sick of right wing hate posts trying to rationalize why non-citizens do not have any legal rights. The way children have been separated from their parents is awful and immoral.

We are people first. We are Earthlings first. We are not the country we come from. Just give the 20 million immigrants working here a clear path to citizenship. If someone contributes to payroll taxes for 10 years I say they just make citizen. If some foreigner gets a college degree from any US college automatically give them citizenship upon graduation. We need to return back to having human decency in this country.

Too much hate mongering! Too much scapegoating for political gain! We need to stop hating other people based on arbitrary distinctions.

So how do you feel about parents who send their children to the border alone?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Except your comment only makes sense if our previous disagreement were anything along the lines of a law rather than a non-science claims about gender. Considering I am right about the law which you can look up yourself you are just babble over a holdup you had with me in another thread. Yawn.

Do you know the difference between a legislation act creating law and science? Get back to me when you figure this out.
*LOL* Whooosh!