• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny plot... please read carefully and give your input

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
A friend of mine is writing a story on Hindu gods -- just like Thor movies, much of the story in this plot is imagined/fictionary.

The story begins like this - God 'A' has a virtuous wife. Liking her beauty and qualities, god 'B' asks god 'A' to give her up in marriage to himself (in a new avatara, after her rebirth). God 'A' loves his wife and wife loves him back dearly. Nevertheless, seeing God 'B's love, God 'A' obliges and sends his wife to take birth on earth and marry off god 'B', forever and decides to forget her!

Now god 'B' is no eligible bachelor! He is much-married man. He decides to take god 'A's wife as his second!!!

Births happen in bhooloka. At one point during the course of her life, god 'A's wife, now born as god 'B's wife, encounters god 'B' and learns about the secret of her life and marriage! She is shocked and saddened. She does not want to be doomed to eternity as some god's second wife. She believes that her unsurpassed qualities of charity, truthfulness, chastity, etc. deserve her a position as someone's queen and not some petty second-wife in eternal wife. Particularly she figures out god B's (her new 'husband' of sorts!!) first wife is the queen and she is mean and cunning and highly arrogant, desirous and egoistic. She feels she is being treated with injustice and decides to quit out of the marriage with god 'B'.

Now our heroine (can we name her 'Ashi') is a devotee of god 'C' whom she loves very much! Therefore, she starts praying to god 'C' and asks him to marry her. Problem is, god 'C' is also much-married. Of course, Ashi can ask god 'A', her original husband too, but Ashi comes to know god 'A' is confined to the vow of taking only 1 wife always. It so happens after Ashi has taken birth on earth as god 'B's wife, god 'A' married a different goddess!

Therefore, Ashi decides to pray to god 'C', whom she dearly loves to give her a temporary asylum, out of the marriage with god 'B'. She proposes to god 'C' to marry her for the time-being, and when after some time has elapsed, to notify her original husband - god 'A' - to marry her back, when he becomes free!! After all, isn't it god 'A' who sent her out, and made the mistake?!

So now, that's how the story ends... Ashi marries god 'C' and asks him to have her for his second but beloved wife for the time-span, after making it clear to god 'C's first wife, it is a temporary arrangement and gains back her mental peace, in that she will go back to god 'A' when he becomes available.

The only tearful part of the story is when Ashi has to give up her 2 children, born to her and god 'B' in order to marry god 'C'. But then, she decides that one or two births down the time, she can gain back the good boon of parenting them again sometime!!

How is the story? Did you like the ending? Would you have done anything differently from Ashi in marrying god 'C'? Do you stand by her decision in gaining back her sanity and her space?

Kindly participate and lets have fun in this thread.

If the story is unclear, I can explain again.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Good plot (I have not read it) for Westerners. Here, even the unions of common men and women are for seven births (Sat Janam).
I am waiting for another birth to have a go at my wife in the next birth again.

Last edited:

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Good plot (I have not read it) for Westerners. Here, even the unions of common men and women are for seven births (Sat Janam).
I am waiting for another birth to have a go at my wife in the next birth again.

Very much aware of that, being native Indian, that is! :D

My friend swears the plot narrated in OP happens for real, among gods. He is intuitive. Therefore asking for opinions.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Viraja, please explain the moral of this story as it s unclear to me. What is the lesson to be learnt from it about Hinduism?

Namaste, to be precise:

1. As a practicing Hindu, what is the reader's take on Ashi's decision to quit god 'B' who has taken away her good life formerly with god 'A' to be married to him, a much-married-god already?

2. As a practicing Hindu, do you look upon Ashi's decision to leave her children behind to marry god 'C' is dharmically justifiable or would you call her act 'selfish'?

It is to be noted that the entire plot is revolving around the concept of 'eternal life' in devalokha. Unlike transient and temporary human births, this plot is all about eternal permanent life among devas.

Shantanu

Namaste, to be precise:

1. As a practicing Hindu, what is the reader's take on Ashi's decision to quit god 'B' who has taken away her good life formerly with god 'A' to be married to him, a much-married-god already?

2. As a practicing Hindu, do you look upon Ashi's decision to leave her children behind to marry god 'C' is dharmically justifiable or would you call her act 'selfish'?

It is to be noted that the entire plot is revolving around the concept of 'eternal life' in devalokha. Unlike transient and temporary human births, this plot is all about eternal permanent life among devas.
My Hindu philosophy as a satya-advaitist is always to trust your instincts: they are the right decisions for you. This is because depending on your gunas of whether you are sattvic, rajasic or tamasic that are given by genetics you develop your own morality and dharma. No one has a right to impose any actions on you, not even God. You may of course ask God for guidance and He may oblige if He thinks you are worthy of guidance because of your devotion. That depends on whether you wish to give up your free will to surrender to a higher power.

Last edited: