• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny or sad?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
What about you?

Parody is often an effective way to communicate one’s observations about a person or group.

It wasn’t exactly funny to me though. Fortunately, it reminded me of the Betty Bowers website that I saw in the early noughties. There was an ad there for ‘Holy Smokes,’ the Christian cigarette. Great times!

RestlessSoul

Parody is often an effective way to communicate one’s observations about a person or group.

It wasn’t exactly funny to me though. Fortunately, it reminded me of the Betty Bowers website that I saw in the early noughties. There was an ad there for ‘Holy Smokes,’ the Christian cigarette. Great times!

Holy Smokes? Now that is funny :D

Heyo

Veteran Member
Holy Smokes? Now that is funny :D
Holy smoke is what powers your computer and other electronic devices. It's scientifically proven. Once the smoke gets out, it doesn't function any more.

smoking-computer.jpg

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I found this very funny, but the truth of it makes me sad. What about you?

I'm glad that videos like these are being made, and thank you for helping disseminate this one. This is one of the ways that the voices of secularism can fight back against the incursion of Christianity into private lives. It's helpful to illustrate what the actual agenda is - to deconstruct the claims, such as was done in this video, where it is emphasized what religious freedom means to these people (their religion imposed on others). I especially like the definition of love (when they spread their toxic message) versus persecution (when anybody answers back).

This is the agenda of organized, politicized Christianity for America, and has been for quite some time - to control the lives of everybody. They've been telling their followers that that is what they want for some time. And now it's time for everybody else to be listening as well. These are the kind of people who rise to power in Christianity and who have the ears of those sitting in the pews and surfing Christian websites:
  • "I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good ... our goal is a Christian nation. We have the biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism"- Randall Terry, Director of Operation Rescue
  • "The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church's public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." - Gary North
  • "I hope to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be." - Jerry Falwell
  • "There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world." - Pat Robertson

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm glad that videos like these are being made, and thank you for helping disseminate this one. This is one of the ways that the voices of secularism can fight back against the incursion of Christianity into private lives. It's helpful to illustrate what the actual agenda is - to deconstruct the claims, such as was done in this video, where it is emphasized what religious freedom means to these people (their religion imposed on others). I especially like the definition of love (when they spread their toxic message) versus persecution (when anybody answers back).

This is the agenda of organized, politicized Christianity for America, and has been for quite some time - to control the lives of everybody. They've been telling their followers that that is what they want for some time. And now it's time for everybody else to be listening as well. These are the kind of people who rise to power in Christianity and who have the ears of those sitting in the pews and surfing Christian websites:
  • "I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good ... our goal is a Christian nation. We have the biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism"- Randall Terry, Director of Operation Rescue
  • "The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church's public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." - Gary North
  • "I hope to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be." - Jerry Falwell
  • "There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world." - Pat Robertson
A most excellent post. I do sincerely wish that every member of the forum, and all the visitors, too, would watch that video with an open mind. I've lived long enough (as a gay man) to know full well that there is much truth in it.

And in deference to the OP -- it is both funny and sad.