• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny church stories

Riders

I got a few I can tell here.Anyone and everyone with funny church stories including ones from non religious folks who have had loved ones try to convert you welcome to put it here , anyone from any religion wth a funny church story.

Anyway 12 or 12 years ago I was still obsessed with The Doors. I started having ocds obsessive cumpulsives obsessions with rockinroll in particular The Doors for awhile. It was a nice escape anyways.

So I had this tshirt with a picture of Jim Morrison shirtless with beads around his neck and arms outstretched. It looked hot.

Anyways my sister was wanting em to visit church she said so she could introduce me to this guy she thought we could be friends and or date. My Mom the southern woman she was wanted to get me married off too " Oh you can get dressed up and go get you a man at church!"

So I said no way. I am not going to be converted at church. I just knew it wa sa trick to get me saved except my Mom she would never do that.

But I did not want to be converted. So I said ok Ill go if I can wear my Doors tshirt. My sister had not seen it.
When I out it on at home, my Mom said " How are you gonna get yourself a man with that tshirt on! Hes gonna think your in love with Jim Morrison or you worship Jim Morrison!" I said " Great! a safe tshirt that'll keep the men away exactly what I want!"

I went with the tshirt on, and got a couple of s******s at my shirt.

I ran into that guy he thought I was my sister because we look alike, I made an excuse to walk off after I was introduced and didn't say anything to him.

I heard my Mom tell someone on the phone " Elizabeth went to church and got herself a man to marry" ,I never did speak to that guy ever again. My sister was not happy about it but she still wants to get me married off which is ok with me now.

But I surely am not going to an SBC church to do it !I wonder what happened to my Jim Morrison tshirt, girls use to wink at me in that tshirt!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think especially in some areas of the country and in selected churches, you'd be welcome as being cool with such a t-shirt.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Here isia quick one from the UK.

Driving through a rather seedy area of Manchester there was a big sign outside a church

"GOD SAVES FALLEN WOMEN"

Underneath, written with bright green florescent felt tip pen

"Ask him to save one for me"

Riders

So at my Pentecostal church, they wanted me to invite my parents and get my parents saved with the baptism of the Holy Ghost of course. I finally talked my Dad into going once. He came in and was kind of covering his mouth up with all the hand clapping shouting and dancing and musical part praising God and all. He was not comfortable being there poor daddy.

Anyways, my preacher got up and said anything we pray over is Gods no matter what, he can pray over anything and it will receive the baptism of the holy Ghost in any object. So as a demonstration he layed hands on a chair and prayed for the Holy Ghost to be in the chair.

He got this guy to sit in the chair right after. I don't know what happened the Holy Ghost must have stuck a pin up his rear end or something because that guy shot darted straight up in the air high in the air and came down dancing all over the place. My Dad took one look at me his eyes popped open and he said " I'm getting out of here, I'll be waiting in the car for you ", then he ran out as fast as he could.

it was hillarius, I still swear someone must left a pin in that chair or something cause he shot straight up int he air!

I think My dad just barely made it out without one of the men stopping him.

He said later " I didn't want to be there inc ase the cops had to come after he hurt himself".