• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

funeral preplanning: Good or Bad?

robertascarlett

What do you think of funeral preplanning?

Is it sensible to plan everything now itself..or let it happen however and whenever it has to happen... Do justify your opinion.

-----
*edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Absolutely. Why burden those you claim to love with such an onerous task. I am even writing my own eulogy. I will put it on a DVD or flash drive or whatever technology exist before I pass. It will be played at my memorial.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It's utterly good. Get some "wishes" down in writing and make it binding. Leave no ambiguities or possibility of choice. The justification: people are people.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I already have and I only just turned 21. To do otherwise is to leave your loved ones in a position very reminiscent of Christmas shopping without a wish list: you might be able to find something they'd like, but they'll never tell you it's hideous. :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
Don't know about funerals, because they're for the living, and they may want to decide how they best want to "celebrate" your death. However, as far as disposition of the body, I favor cremation and have gone ahead and arranged and paid for that already. This not only assures my remains will be taken care of, but also relives my survivors of the burden of doing so.