• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fundie Christians Think The Flintstones was a Documentary

Shadow11

They would be fundamentalism which was a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching.Its only recent that this came about.

You could also say Islam is fundamentalism.

Colt

To be fair, it says 'depicting animals coming to the ark, and custom animals'.
You could read that as meaning not all animals on the carousel were ark animals.

*Sighs*
Not that I'm defending Ken Ham, of course. But I'd ride a dinosaur.
What's telling is how threads mocking Christians are tolerated on this site but say anything that hurts the delicate feelings of the Left then you get one of those "we have decided to moderate your content" letters. And here on this thread the staff participates? Just saying, the bias is obvious on RF.

What would an Atheist theme park look like? The Pol Pot roller-coaster? Stalin fun house? Kim Jong-un ring toss?

Heyo

Veteran Member
What's telling is how threads mocking Christians are tolerated on this site but say anything that hurts the delicate feelings of the Left then you get one of those "we have decided to moderate your content" letters. And here on this thread the staff participates? Just saying, the bias is obvious on RF.
This isn't mocking Christians, it's mocking Young Earth Creationists. Most Christians find them hilarious.
What would an Atheist theme park look like? The Pol Pot roller-coaster? Stalin fun house? Kim Jong-un ring toss?
We'd have the Hitch's seminary on rhetoric, the Dawkins laboratory, the Harris lecture hall and the Dennett Armchair by the fireside. In planning are the Woodford "Debunked" gaming table, the Aron Ra hot sauce kitchen and the BionicDance virtual spaceship bridge.

Colt

This isn't mocking Christians, it's mocking Young Earth Creationists. Most Christians find them hilarious.

We'd have the Hitch's seminary on rhetoric, the Dawkins laboratory, the Harris lecture hall and the Dennett Armchair by the fireside. In planning are the Woodford "Debunked" gaming table, the Aron Ra hot sauce kitchen and the BionicDance virtual spaceship bridge.
Don't forget the de-portrait studio. "Step right up! make associates disappear".

But really, the Atheist creation museum would depict lightning strike a pile of sand......then life invents itself.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm missing the part where I mocked Christians.
Or showed delicate feelings.
Or am a 'Leftist'.
Apart from that, you're bang on the money.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The entire thread and your tacit endorsement. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

People can make whatever threads they like.
People can report whatever posts they like.
Mods take action on reported posts.

You think a rules broken, be my guest. I don't mock Christians as a whole (I may or may not mock individuals at times, but it's not based on their religion) and I could care less about what you see as hypocrisy.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Don't forget the de-portrait studio. "Step right up! make associates disappear".
You really like to harp on those three, don't you?
You realize that every other despot and war criminal from Narmer over Genghis Khan to Bush jr. were in your camp, right?
But really, the Atheist creation museum would depict lightning strike a pile of sand......then life invents itself.
Not all atheists are scientists and not all scientists are atheists.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Sounds like you dont hang with the trailer park crowd

Come now, not all trailer parks are trash. I lived in one when I graduated, as I hated
my friends apartments. EEEW, cockroaches, noise, no nature, no yard.

I had a nice patio, a little garden, and nice neighbors who were a mix of retired
couples and widows on a fixed budget; and young semi-professionals like
stewardesses and nurses. Not a bad apple in the bunch really. Don't judge.

Audie

Veteran Member
Come now, not all trailer parks are trash. I lived in one when I graduated, as I hated
my friends apartments. EEEW, cockroaches, noise, no nature, no yard.

I had a nice patio, a little garden, and nice neighbors who were a mix of retired
couples and widows on a fixed budget; and young semi-professionals like
stewardesses and nurses. Not a bad apple in the bunch really. Don't judge.

Nothing personal intended. Do you have a better term?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You really like to harp on those three, don't you?
You realize that every other despot and war criminal from Narmer over Genghis Khan to Bush jr. were in your camp, right?

Not all atheists are scientists and not all scientists are atheists.
Bush Jr was a "despot"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He was caught blatantly lying. Never do that, never get caught.
Which President has not been caught lying?
It's part of the job.
I don't think that rises to the level of being called
"despot" or "war criminal".

Heyo

Veteran Member
Which President has not been caught lying?
It's part of the job.
Which other president has been caught (and called out) lying in order to start a war?
I don't think that rises to the level of being called
"despot" or "war criminal".
I do, and I'm not alone. If the US had joined the Rome statute, Bush and Cheney would share a cell in the Netherlands.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Which other president has been caught (and called out) lying in order to start a war?
Some issues that complicate your query, in part because
war crimes can be broadly read as to include any leader.
- Were the claims actually known to be false?
- Were knowingly false claims the total basis for war, or
were they mere pretext to sell war to the public & Congress?
- Other administrations used lies regarding the wars they
waged, eg, Johnson's secret bombing of Laos).
- Other administrations allowed torture of captives,
eg, Obama, Clinton, Nixon, Kennedy, Reagan.

What specific lies of Bush Jr do you refer to?
I do, and I'm not alone. If the US had joined the Rome statute, Bush and Cheney would share a cell in the Netherlands.
On what basis?

Audie

Veteran Member
He was caught blatantly lying. Never do that, never get caught.

US presidents Wilson and FDR promised to
keep the US out of war all the time maneuvering the country into war.

Of course the hyper partisan hysteria of
today's America is a national malaise.

Portraying presidents as " Hitler", " war
criminal", "traitor" etc is of course a source of
income for the media, cynically self serving.

You might read the opinion section in
GLOBAL DAILY. a mouthpiece of the CCP.

I wont suggest things to think about.