• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fully Vaccinated? Ditch The Mask

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
There are some people with some pretty gnarly feet out there:eek:

I've already performed my service to society by masking my face.

Okay. Walking on the sidewalk. Dogs walk on the sidewalk. Dogs do their business on the sidewalk. Shoe on. Feet okay. Bare foot? Not so much.

No shoes. No service!

Most of the time, dogs go on the grass. You learn to look where you walk.

I probably don't have a pair of shoes on my feet from March-November, at least. Very rarely is there an issue. I keep shoes in the car in case I have to go in somewhere.

Where my husband was from, shoes really weren't required. When I met him, he was shoeless, despite the fact he was at work.

Don't see many of those around anymore... We had a good one here years ago, but I think he's been closed about 15 years.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But what about other people you might infect??

It's not just about yourself or myself.

Well I'm not going to wear a mask forever.

Vaccinated people should not be able to infect others. That's the whole point of getting a vaccine. The body kills it so there is no transmission.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Vaccinated people should not be able to infect others. That's the whole point of getting a vaccine. The body kills it so there is no transmission.
Who said anything about wearing masks forever?
It is NOT "the whole point of getting a vaccine", the point of a vaccine is to stop you becoming badly ill or dying; it does that.
The vaccine is not 100% guarantee of not catching it.

Suave

Simulated character
I shall wera a mask when asked to. I've been fully vaccinated.
I don't see a problem.
I have noticed discarded masks polluting parking lots, I am guessing you have seen them in car parks. I suspect disposable masks are bad on the environment . I would like us vaccinated persons to please consider the environmental impact of unnecessarily wearing masks. Most anybody wanting to be vaccinated, can be vaccinated. I consider the health risk of somebody becoming gravely ill by contracting the SARS-CoV2 virus as falling just upon those refusing to be vaccinated, we vaccinated persons have no moral obligation to protect those abled bodied persons who willfully refuse to protect themselves with being vaccinated.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who said anything about wearing masks forever?
It is NOT "the whole point of getting a vaccine", the point of a vaccine is to stop you becoming badly ill or dying; it does that.
The vaccine is not 100% guarantee of not catching it.
I didn't say catching it. It's the issue of transmitting it after being vaccinated.

Suave

Simulated character
Not in my area yet. Not enough vaccinated. At this point, if I go to a store and see people without masks, I will leave, because that business obviously does not want to protect the health of their employees.

Vaccination for people under 60 only opened up here on April 15th, so that group hasn't had enough time for even the earliest ones to be vaccinated to be considered fully vaccinated yet.

Pfizer--1st dose + 21 days for 2nd dose + 14 days afterwards to be considered fully vaccinated = May 20th for the earliest ones vaccinated on the first available day of April 15
Moderna--1st dose + 28 days for 2nd dose + 14 days to be considered fully vaccinated = May 27th for the earliest ones vaccinated on the first available day of April 15

The J & J vaccine was on pause for the first part, and it was really difficult to get an appointment during the first 10 days. I had to travel an hour each way to get an appointment for Moderna on April 26, which was a weekday morning.
I have seen video footage of store employees being physically assaulted for trying to enforce mask mandates. For public safety's sake as well as for being environmentally friendly, I'd like everybody to be vaccinated as well as being maskless.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I have noticed discarded masks polluting parking lots, I am guessing you have seen them in car parks. I suspect disposable masks are bad on the environment . I would like us vaccinated persons to please consider the environmental impact of unnecessarily wearing masks. Most anybody wanting to be vaccinated, can be vaccinated. I consider the health risk of somebody becoming gravely ill by contracting the SARS-CoV2 virus as falling just upon those refusing to be vaccinated, we vaccinated persons have no moral obligation to protect those abled bodied persons who willfully refuse to protect themselves with being vaccinated.

One can wear a reusable mask. Actually, its not really convenient or cheap to use a new mask every time...

You're right though, people just throw this junk everywhere. It needs to be addressed, but I think it would be better off addressed as "don't throw your garbage all over the place, the world isn't your trash can." Those who throw masks on the ground throw soda bottles, food bags, plastic sacks all over the place as well.

Suave

Simulated character
One can wear a reusable mask. Actually, its not really convenient or cheap to use a new mask every time...

You're right though, people just throw this junk everywhere. It needs to be addressed, but I think it would be better off addressed as "don't throw your garbage all over the place, the world isn't your trash can." Those who throw masks on the ground throw soda bottles, food bags, plastic sacks all over the place as well.
I believe cloth masks filtrate less than half of SARS-CoV2 virus sized particles, disposable surgical mask filtrate nearly 80 percent of SARS-CoV2 virus sized particles, N-95 masks filter out nearly 95 percent os SARS-CoV2 sized viruses. Vaccines are nearly 100 percent effective at preventing hospitalizations or death by C.O.V.I.D.-19.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I have seen video footage of store employees being physically assaulted for trying to enforce mask mandates. For public safety's sake as well as for being environmentally friendly, I'd like everybody to be vaccinated as well as being maskless.
Until everyone has the chance to be fully vaccinated, those who are fully vaccinated should be considerate of those who are not fully vaccinated yet and follow the mask policies of individual businesses and not take it out on the employees there. If the employees are under 60, they probably haven't had a chance to be fully vaccinated yet, as they had to wait their turn for the older folk to get vaccinated first.

Suave

Simulated character
Until everyone has the chance to be fully vaccinated, those who are fully vaccinated should be considerate of those who are not fully vaccinated yet and follow the mask policies of individual businesses and not take it out on the employees there. If the employees are under 60, they probably haven't had a chance to be fully vaccinated yet, as they had to wait their turn for the older folk to get vaccinated first.
In Illinois, nearly anybody age 16 and over were eligible and able to get his/her first vaccine dose on April 5th and be fully vaccinated by April 26th. I understand not everybody age 16 to age 59 could have received a vaccine dose on April 5th, but everybody over age 16 could have at least received their initial jab by now. For the next few weeks, I shall respect the wishes of businesses mandating masks, but they shall be boycotted by me if they refuse to lift their mask mandates by the end of this month.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
In Illinois, nearly anybody age 16 and over were eligible and able to get his/her first vaccine dose on April 5th and be fully vaccinated by April 26th. I understand not everybody age 16 to age 59 could have received a vaccine dose on April 5th, but everybody over age 16 could have at least received their initial jab by now. For the next few weeks, I shall respect the wishes of businesses mandating masks, but they shall be boycotted by me if they refuse to lift their mask mandates by the end of this month.
Here in Washington State, we are set to fully open up June 30th, and possibly sooner if we can get enough people vaccinated. We are so close to getting this handled. I'm hoping we can get this done right without messing it up at the end by those trying to prematurely jump the gun and starting yet another wave.

Suave

Simulated character
Here in Washington State, we are set to fully open up June 30th, and possibly sooner if we can get enough people vaccinated. We are so close to getting this handled. I'm hoping we can get this done right without messing it up at the end by those trying to prematurely jump the gun and starting yet another wave.
Over half of adult Washingtonians are now fully vaccinated, I'd consider your state to be now safe from any widespread C.O.V.I.D.-19 outbreaks.

crossfire

Premium Member
Over half of adult Washingtonians are now fully vaccinated, I'd consider your state to be now safe from any widespread C.O.V.I.D.-19 outbreaks.
If you are under 60, you are probably not fully vaccinated yet, (unless you were lucky enough to get an early vaccine from those providers who had leftovers from missed appointments that they didn't want to go bad) and most of the workers are under age 60. For those who got vaccinated with Pfizer on April 15th when vaccinations opened up for those under age 60, they will not be considered fully vaccinated until May 20, provided they got their 2nd dose at the 21 day mark on May 6. The earliest Moderna ones would be considered fully vaccinated May 27. I got my first vaccine (Moderna) at the earliest appointment I could get on April 26 (and had to travel an hour for it) and won't be eligible for my second dose until May 24. I'll be considered fully vaccinated on June 7.

I might have been able to get an appointment earlier if I travelled across the mountains to Eastern Washington, as the people there are less enthusiastic to get vaccinated there than the people here in Puget Sound. However, I was advised against it, as travel is a major factor in the spread of the virus. I stayed on this side of the mountains (but did go to the foothills for my vaccine.)

We were starting to show signs of a 4th wave of Covid, but it looks like it has started to plateau out. We are close, but not out of the woods yet.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
For the next few weeks, I shall respect the wishes of businesses mandating masks, but they shall be boycotted by me if they refuse to lift their mask mandates by the end of this month.

I haven't directly boycotted any one place for their mask policies, though I've stopped shopping at quite a few places due to them closing earlier. We're late to rise here, and the earlier hours have just encouraged me to shop online more frequently.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
New CDC guidelines are if you are fully vaccinated you can safely do away with a mask and forgo social distancing.

Fully vaccinated? You can ditch the mask, CDC says
"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance — whether indoors or outdoors in most circumstances."
You might get yelled at.

Suave

Simulated character
I haven't directly boycotted any one place for their mask policies, though I've stopped shopping at quite a few places due to them closing earlier. We're late to rise here, and the earlier hours have just encouraged me to shop online more frequently.
**Late breaking news** Walmart, Costco and Trader Joe's are lifting their mask mandates where allowed by law.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
New CDC guidelines are if you are fully vaccinated you can safely do away with a mask and forgo social distancing.

Fully vaccinated? You can ditch the mask, CDC says
"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance — whether indoors or outdoors in most circumstances."

Do they check you at the door to see if you've been vaccinated?

Anyone can say they are and toss their mask.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
**Late breaking news** Walmart, Costco and Trader Joe's are lifting their mask mandates where allowed by law.

I don't think we have mandates here. However, we don't have Costco or Trader Joe's, and you couldn't pay me enough to go into a Wal-Mart, with or without masks.

I'd totally end up on one of those calendars.