• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full Output Dynamic Range Triggers Screen Dimming.

TurkeyOnRye

When I select "Full" output dynamic range in nVidia control panel, my monitor will dim and brighten the display automatically. When it is set to "Limited," this feature is disabled again. Before someone mentions it, no, adaptive brightness is not enabled in the OS's control panel power settings. I like having full output dynamic range because it provides great contrast, but I HATE auto-screen dimming with fiery passion. Is there anyway to get around this?

Monitor:Asus MS VS229H-P
Video card: 4Gb GTX 970
Nvidia Driver: 376.33

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
When I select "Full" output dynamic range in nVidia control panel, my monitor will dim and brighten the display automatically. When it is set to "Limited," this feature is disabled again. Before someone mentions it, no, adaptive brightness is not enabled in the OS's control panel power settings. I like having full output dynamic range because it provides great contrast, but I HATE auto-screen dimming with fiery passion. Is there anyway to get around this?

Monitor:Asus MS VS229H-P
Video card: 4Gb GTX 970
Nvidia Driver: 376.33

It's possible that your screen cannot render the full dynamic range w/o reducing the brightness of the screen. Seldom are screens color accurate at maximum brightness so the manufactures code in limits. Basically, you have to pick between max brightness or max color accuracy. :D

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
It's possible that your screen cannot render the full dynamic range w/o reducing the brightness of the screen. Seldom are screens color accurate at maximum brightness so the manufactures code in limits. Basically, you have to pick between max brightness or max color accuracy. :D
Color accuracy. Color accuracy every time. Less eye carnage that way, with a tradeoff for more eye candy.

TurkeyOnRye

No. It will dim the screen when the screen content is already dark. It's an adaptive dimming. When the content on screen is already bright, the dim feature is off and it will display bright high contrast imagery. The monitor has no trouble outputting full brightness on full dynamic output. But if the screen content is very dark....it dims!